Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
R3negade

Somehow torp planes flew into the island and drop torps...

6 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

It happened on map, Ice Islands.

The hill as shown below

rmheIiK.png

--

SHkS6sz.png

Blue : my ship

Green : enemy plane

Sadly the client was updated, no replay or ss can be provided.

110% sure what I just saw and 110% sure my eyes / rig has no problem.

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I understand what you're talking about but few more questions before we get a clearer picture.

1. Were you really beside the island? I.e. you're so close to the island that you risk being grounded
  2. Did the torpedo activate in the water?

Since CBT... Planes have been flying into islands and all. Rather makes you wonder if they're really planes or spirits of death. Your aparent "torp from the island" is nothing new as well though a little bit more info would enable me to fully or at best, tell you from the CV's perspective

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

I am kinda close to the Island, lets say maybe 2km (?.

It came out from the island a little bit, the plane flew inside the hill and dropped the torps inside the border of the hill (the place where you usually get stuck with a DD)

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I am kinda close to the Island, lets say maybe 2km (?.

It came out from the island a little bit, the plane flew inside the hill and dropped the torps inside the border of the hill (the place where you usually get stuck with a DD)

I think I know how.

For the CV player, his torpedo line is just barely touching the shore. His planes dropped his torpedos a little forward of the shore line. So from your perspective, it looks like it was dropped on land than it swam into the water.

The perspective from your ship's bridge and the top down view from the sky is very different.

Sign in to follow this