Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

What's the best tier 6 Cruiser for ranked battles

16 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

G'day all,

As the title has already hinted at, I was just wondering which tier 6 cruiser is better for ranked battles?

I only ask as having nearly completed the painful research through the Furutaka I was wondering if the Aoba is as equally as useless and should therefore concentrate on the Cleveland.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

I've had both the Aoba and Cleveland and while the Cleveland is a DPM machine at close to medium ranges, her huge arcs and slow shells are useless at long ranges, not to mention the lack of torpedoes when facing BB's at close range. However I find it hard to citadel Clevelands..

The Aoba has got decent guns being 8" ones, and good torpedoes, albeit with a crappy arc that forces you to turn broadside or retreat to use. But her guns are more likely to set enemy targets on fire, so you can focus on using AP more for other cruisers. Aobas are more vulnerable to Citadels however.

Both ships are good in their own regards, but I have not yet reached the  Nurnberg for the Germans.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

G'day all,

As the title has already hinted at, I was just wondering which tier 6 cruiser is better for ranked battles?

I only ask as having nearly completed the painful research through the Furutaka I was wondering if the Aoba is as equally as useless and should therefore concentrate on the Cleveland.

Aoba, useless?

Feast your eyes on the awesome power of Aoba...

CiuhnPG.jpg

j8PklcS.jpg

p2N4UTC.jpg

F6FOi1H.jpg

But really, look at that smile... How can you hate Aoba? You'll definitely come to love her and sell your Cleaver away.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

the german navy one is good

lol, if people had hard time long range sniping on cleveland with its high arcs, what more on nurnberg? that difficulty in long range sniping and very little HE damage is bad for tier 6. I say take aoba if you want challenge, take cheatland if you want easy life.

for tier 7 yorck all the way all day.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

lol, if people had hard time long range sniping on cleveland with its high arcs, what more on nurnberg? that difficulty in long range sniping and very little HE damage is bad for tier 6. I say take aoba if you want challenge, take cheatland if you want easy life.

for tier 7 yorck all the way all day.

w8, i though germans should have faster shell velocity? they don't?

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

w8, i though germans should have faster shell velocity? they don't?

only for admiral hipper to hindenburg. everything else have very high arcs, (yorck is kinda in the middle sort of cleveland-like arcs). nurnberg is exactly like konisberg with a RoF upgrade.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

well. in preview ship (i havent reach konigs after official release.)

konig has 12s shell travel time for 16 kilos. if fast if u compare with cleve (16s for 16 kilos any1?)
konigs velocity is closing in to 203mm level (still not as fast as 203mm, coz its stupid if low calliber is faster than 203mm velocity)

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

Cleveland all the way.

I have no fear of Aoba's - I don't always defeat them but the same goes for them against me.

Just don't get close to a BB and you're fine, as you have no torpedoes.

Tee

Sign in to follow this