You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fire_Spy

Zone Battles

11 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

So what do you think of these? I haven't seen one that didn't end in a draw.. 

Most teams I have been in have all thrown themselves into it.. but it seems flawed.. but I am not sure how they could fix it....

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

So what do you think of these? I haven't seen one that didn't end in a draw.. 

Most teams I have been in have all thrown themselves into it.. but it seems flawed.. but I am not sure how they could fix it....

I've gotta say, it's pretty easy, the Zones

The key is teamwork

Then, try and think what's next. to win it

Edited by Conkhead_12

Super Tester
1,310 posts

i have been in several wins and some lost too in zone. nothing wrong. just try to chase the enemy away from cap zone. or kill em all

mostly when their team got 5+ member killed. they will try to withdrawn themself. 

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Had a really interesting one last night where most of my team went into the center of cap, while the enemy team was spread around the edges of the cap and tried to counter by taking turns going into the cap. We were surrounded, but the enemy team was not able to focus fire effectively due to being spread out. Instead, our team was able to focus fire effectively each time one of their ships tried to enter the cap to stop the our cap progress. Eventually, their numbers thinned out and we drove them away for one minute to win the battle.

Super Tester
304 posts
2,010 battles

Tried that in couple of occasions in both SEA and NA servers and achieved all wins luckily, the game concept is not bad at all where it brings all players into a closer area to fight until the last enemy is eliminated or successful CAP, hmm, sounds like a MMA competition and all fight must be up close and personal....:teethhappy:

This kind of game mode in fact will bring players to actively participate the fight rather than staying far behind and snipe....!!! Well, I like this kind of active fight....!!!:medal:

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Its not a bad idea, as a problem a fair amount of players have been complaining about is the passive nature of a lot of games, where teams sit at distance and shoot away rather than close in and brawl. This battle mode encourages players to close in and fight it out for the contested zone, and while 1 minutes seems really short, it does encourages players not to open distance, but fight till the bitter end

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Zone on Ocean is great. There's no where to hide, and if you're not aggressive enough you lose. So players are being taken out of their comfort zone (pun not intended) for this map.

Trap, however, just offers too much islands to hide behind while in the zone and encouraging passive play. Those two crescent islands are sure to have a few ships hiding behind each one of them. As a result, the fleet is divided, and not enough firepower is going into the cap to force the enemy out of it.

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

I haven't seen it on Ocean yet.. I always seem to get it on Trap..  maybe that's why I haven't seen any real results with it yet.. 

Ocean would be a blast with it.. 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Can they add a option to turn off this type of  game mode?

I'm not keen on it and don't really like it and the amount of draws you get from it, is really a waste of 20min game time.