Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mangaTom

Updating to 0.5.1 using the PATCH files

11 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,498 battles

Hi guys, I don't really have a good internet connection and the patch size is quite large so I copied all the PATCH files(.PATCH) from a friend who already updated his client to 0.5.1. thinking that it works like WOT that you can just copy patch files to update your own. Now when I placed it in the updates folder and run the launcher, it downloads ANOTHER 2.5 gb of files without checking the file that I already placed which defeats the purpose of me copying the files in the first place. Does it not work like WOT's manual patching or does the launcher of WOWs even bother checking the files in the update folder? Thanks.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Hi guys, I don't really have a good internet connection and the patch size is quite large so I copied all the PATCH files(.PATCH) from a friend who already updated his client to 0.5.1. thinking that it works like WOT that you can just copy patch files to update your own. Now when I placed it in the updates folder and run the launcher, it downloads ANOTHER 2.5 gb of files without checking the file that I already placed which defeats the purpose of me copying the files in the first place. Does it not work like WOT's manual patching or does the launcher of WOWs even bother checking the files in the update folder? Thanks.

How long had WoT been out and how long had WoWS been out please compare.

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

How long had WoT been out and how long had WoWS been out please compare.

davud, you're wrong. it's possible

to OP, i remeber a thing about using WinZip

I'll dig up the thread for you. Please wait

update: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10291-bug-report-ships-not-appearing-in-port-yorck-hipper/

Edited by Conkhead_12

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

davud, you're wrong. it's possible

to OP, i remeber a thing about using WinZip

I'll dig up the thread for you. Please wait

I use WinRaR and it won't work, beside are you sure WoWS could copy and paste a file by manual cause i know WoT could for work for WoWS idk cause i did not try it.
Edited by davud1537

Super Tester
1,310 posts

curse WG that change the patch name several times....

it was wows_51.128308_50.124262_client.patch at the first morning the patch out. the launcher failed me. and the torrent file come out several hours later.. finally i got the torrents file. i downloaded the patch using bittorrent. and after download finnished and i put the downloaded file to updates folder. the launcher want do download another 2.5 gigs. o.O
i cancel. i double check the update folder...

there is wows_51.128308_50.124262_client_asia.patch.download + wows_51.128308_50.124262_client_asia.patch.torrent
what? so i experiment the file name change.. i changed wows_51.128308_50.124262_client.patch to wows_51.128308_50.124262_client_asia.patch then i hash check it using bittorrent. result. yep those are same exact file. just different name. 

after that only small patch left that i need to download via launcher (about 90MB)

3 posts
1,498 battles

curse WG that change the patch name several times....

it was wows_51.128308_50.124262_client.patch at the first morning the patch out. the launcher failed me. and the torrent file come out several hours later.. finally i got the torrents file. i downloaded the patch using bittorrent. and after download finnished and i put the downloaded file to updates folder. the launcher want do download another 2.5 gigs. o.O

i cancel. i double check the update folder...

there is wows_51.128308_50.124262_client_asia.patch.download + wows_51.128308_50.124262_client_asia.patch.torrent

what? so i experiment the file name change.. i changed wows_51.128308_50.124262_client.patch to wows_51.128308_50.124262_client_asia.patch then i hash check it using bittorrent. result. yep those are same exact file. just different name. 

after that only small patch left that i need to download via launcher (about 90MB)

I really didn't notice that. Will post again if it works. Thanks.

3 posts
1,498 battles

It actually works. Thanks a lot mate. Weird that WG changed names for the patch. It may be the reason for some errors others are experiencing now, idk.

Sign in to follow this