Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
blackopsships4

the CV between japan and america is too unbalanced

37 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
7 posts
862 battles

the america CV fighter plane squad which each of the have 6 planes while the japan only have 4 plane on each squad they got easily taken out by the american, if only the japanese CV have 6 planes now that would be balance.

if u played using japan CV u will notice the difference between japan and american CV

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I somewhat agree with you with the 4vs6 situation. However, from tier 6 and beyond IJN CV will normally have at least 2 fighters squadron in their loadout which totally outperform US CV. 1/1/1 or 1/1/0 loadout which is what everyone use from tier 5-7. The Lexington and Shokaku is a different story as they both get 2 fighters squadron in their loadout. Tier 9 and 10 US CVs captains normally use the 1/2/2 load out when the IJN CVs captains use the 2/3/3 loadout which is superior to the USN loadout in term of air supremacy. Lower tier IJN CVs have a lot of squadron so split them up so the US fighter squadron can only engage one of your squadron and all of the other squadron attack a particular targey

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I do think it's unbalanced

but not because of the number

IJN have more squads while US have more planes per squad

the problem is the new manual torping circle

Wait, what's new ? The USN torp spread ?

Edited by silenthunter19944

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

I think I'd rather have it as 4 v 6. Don't ask me why but it just feels ok.

As for the new manual torpedo, please don't get started. Rejoice that it's now more unwieldly than previously. Things will get ugly like that other CV thread.

Super Tester
509 posts

Superior thousand fold IJN steel :D

Actually they had to do that fancy stuff because Japanese Steel was terrible quality in those sword making days.:teethhappy:

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

This video will help explain the idea behind the US vs IJN CV Differences...

Basically, WG is quite right making a class seem better than others.

Because naturally, when LOTS of people play a certain class, people start finding that class weaknesses.

For example, lets say German CVs are better in Dogfighting, so lots of people flock to play German CVs to dominate the skies.

Now the German CVs have a weakness X, and this weakness X is best applied by the Italian CVs. So now MORE people will play Italian CVs to counter German CVs.

But this now in turn leads to an influx of Italian CVs. So people find the weaknesses of Italian CVs, Y, and find that is most applied by Russian CVs and so more people play Russian CVs.

But hold up... Russian CVs are weak against German CVs as players find out! So people go back to German CVs.

The meta cycle continues.

Edited by Deathskyz

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Unfortunately the reward for shooting down stuff aka Air Superiority (i.e. What USN CVs are supposed to be played) is still crap.

IJN CV is better at doing damage and the low cool down time make their damage output far superior than USN carriers - and thus earning much more yet somehow WG still do not think thats an issue.

Instead they try to nerf IJN CV, which admittedly is indeed OP, but they could be balanced if the USN fighter loadouts are worth playing to counter it.

But nooooo why would they do that? They gone the simple way - reducing the amount of bombers and turn them into fighters, and suddenly IJN CV become better at Air supriority as well.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I don't know about IJN air superiority but USN still has qualitative edge over IJN when it comes to fighters. 

4/2/2 and the 3/1/2?

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Well, most of the people I know that had a Midway people usually use 1-2-2, so I guess 4 vs 1 is......

3/1/2 on the Ryujo is excellent. I've seen the stat that 2 vs 3 will still be won by the US fighters, but honestly, It's a lose-lose - Except the Ryujo got a Torpedo Bomber Sqaudron, 2 Dive bomber Squad whereas the Indi only get 2 DBs.

Hiryu 2/2/2 still completely outclass the same old 2/0/2 on the Ranger. As for 1/1/1 - It's Party time isn't it?

The only Tier I would say USN CV had a Clear-cut advantage is Tier 4 and Probably Tier 9. Tier 8 is pretty good as the Lexy got 2/1/1.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
1,310 posts

4/2/2 and the 3/1/2?

4/2/2 vs 3/0/2

lets convert it

16/8/8 vs 18/0/12

fighter :

from number alone, 16 haku's fighter stand no chance against 18 miday's fighter

if we add that midway's fighter has more survivability, haku get left even more behind

torpedo bombers :

haku's 8 planes in 2 squad that easily cripled by T9-10 BB/CA which is resulted usually only get 2 torp hit each drop to BB = let say 4-5 torp hit (dunno about the new spread after 5.1 patch. havent tried it yet.)

midway doesnt has any TB in this load out.

buf if midways go for a loadout that has torp bomber

midway's 6 plane with tighter spead can result in atleast 4-5 hit to BB usually for each squadron

Drop bombers :

4 planes in haku squad = less chance to hit compared to midway's 6 planes DB squad.

also 8 planes vs 12 planes.. midway's damage output is bigger

(current drop size buff for IJN and stability buff for USN DB probably put the both ship is same league now.)

----------------------

and why haku usually has the air superiority? coz about 50% haku user (atleast from what i've meet) used team friendly 4/2/2 load out.

when i almost never seen midway with 3/0/2 or 2/1/2 load out (i've seen essex with FT load out(probably stock config). but midway. never). midway only used egoistic 1/2/2 loadout since they mostly only have "i want damage/i want kill" in their mind. they dont even help(some captain do, but its rare) their team mates when they are being busted by enemy's plane(i still remember when my kagero get tailed by planes almost 10 minutes and not even 1 fighter sent to help me even tough i constantly asking for help). if midway used their Fighter load out. theres no way for haku to counter her. (not to mention that midway carry more planes in her ship mean that haku could lost all her planes first [dunno if this happen in TX or not. but in low-mid tier. its not rare for IJN CV to lost all her planes when they meet USN CV as her enemy])

if u say that haku got short rearm time. then her fighter can just re-released after being killed and rejoin the fight...

hey. its not like the dodgefighting is happen above haku's ship isnt it? if it does. that midway's captain must be drunk.

the haku planes still need to fly allllll the way to dodgefighting site before they are able to fight again... 

all in all. both ship almost has the same output damage/air superiority with haku being a little behind(depending on the load out). heck, even wg admit it that midway's damage is over the chart. that's why they slightly nerf torp arming time in the water for midway

------------------

3/1/2?

or probably u are mentioning about ryujo-taiho that has 3 fighter load out?

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10326-usn-fighters-vs-ijn-fighters-a-detailed-analysis/

In a 2USN vs 3IJN engagement, the USN theoretically has the upper hand. Their %/sec ranges from 5%(Indy) - 18%(Ranger) higher than their IJN counterparts. Even when both sides have equal numbers, the USN has the upper hand.

FT brawl 

3ryujo vs 2indy = indy win

3hiryu vs 2ranger = ranger win

3shokaku vs 2lexy = lex win (start from lex, USN even have torp bomber too with their 2 fighter loadout. they can become scary in air and in surface)

Edited by ReNation

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

^

Can I just say something?

Read the whole thread first.

And you misunderstand what I written on this.

View PostReNation, on 07 November 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

4/2/2 vs 3/0/2

lets convert it
16/8/8 vs 18/0/12

fighter :

from number alone, 16 haku's fighter stand no chance against 18 miday's fighter

if we add that midway's fighter has more survivability, haku get left even more behind

torpedo bombers :

haku's 8 planes in 2 squad that easily cripled by T9-10 BB/CA which is resulted usually only get 2 torp hit each drop to BB = let say 4-5 torp hit (dunno about the new spread after 5.1 patch. havent tried it yet.)

midway doesnt has any TB in this load out.

buf if midways go for a loadout that has torp bomber

midway's 6 plane with tighter spead can result in atleast 4-5 hit to BB usually for each squadron

Drop bombers :

4 planes in haku squad = less chance to hit compared to midway's 6 planes DB squad.

also 8 planes vs 12 planes.. midway's damage output is bigger

(current drop size buff for IJN and stability buff for USN DB probably put the both ship is same league now.)

The 3/1/2 I refer to is the Ryujo (And the Hiryu) one.

The 4/2/2, as you mentioned, is the Hakuryu's one.

Sorry, I am a noob in this game, but what I am bloody good at is remembering stuff.

Sign in to follow this