Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MissMeMiss

Newb & Campers. Follow this basic formation !

14 comments in this topic

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

My first post, after 3rd day playing.

Just want to advice ...

1. Battleship support / tailing teammate Cruiser.

2. Cruiser support / tailing teammate Destroyer.

3. Destroyer, use it quick maneuver to flank Enemy's Battleship and do close torpedo. And the quickly evade or escape from other enemy. Killing Enemy's Destroyer also priority.

4. Carrier. You are basically play alone, but be effective and do a lot of damage by your minions.

5. If Teammate Destroyer get killed in the front, Cruiser should STAY in the middle between your team Battleship and Enemy position.

6. Battleship, pls don't miss !

7. Destroyer, you are indeed had low HP and Armor, but you can deal big damage, also act like a ninja. Higher Concealment mean, your position and ship appearance can vanish from enemy sight. Using the Ship Commander skill to know if you being detected or not also make use of Destroyer better.

8. If you a Kill-Rate-Whore, don't use Cruiser, instead Battleship or Destroyer. Because Cruiser are better to harass enemy or make enemy burn all time. Killing with Cruiser is bonus, but not priority.

9. Cruiser and Destroyer, don't expect Carrier and Battleship to do capture for you, because IT'S YOUR JOB to do it.

ENEMY

||

5 Kilometers

||

DESTROYER

||

3 Kilometers

||

CRUISER

||

2 Kilometers

||

BATTLESHIP

(Position distance changes when Ship Tier goes up as the cannon range are increasing each tier)

When Cruiser are playing like Battleship, even worse, Destroyer also playing long range tactic aka Passive and just shoot and pray his torpedo hits. Bet your team will lose quickly, or by point of the very end game time which are suck for players who die earlier and cannot use the ship till the match finish.

Playing MMO FPS encourage you to team play, this game are even more must for you not to play solo. No hero in this game, but team play.

Please defend your team battleship by NOT playing passive ... or even worse, fear of dying in a video games.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts

6. Battleship, pls don't miss !

What drugs are you on, because I want some!

Have you ever heard of dispersion?

You have much to learn yet after your 3rd day playing, but you have done well by coming to the forums at least.

Edited by EvacuateBowel

19 posts
1,783 battles

That 5km range for DDs is way too close. DDs should keep at least their detection range between themselves and enemy if they are going for torps (IJN and high tier USN), else they should keep long range harass fire (low/mid tier USN, Russian Navy). For cruisers, they should keep ~10km range depending on their gun range and handling, as well as whether the enemy in question has torpedoes that can reach you (read: dangerously close DD or IJN CA/CL). BBs should be at 15km (generally, IJN BB should keep more distance than USN, due to less firepower than USN at equal tier) or less (due to dispersion) depending on the target and how many enemy IJN DDs are in the water. CV should tag the team (situational) and outside of their detection range.

If it's open water and you are in a torp DD, then you can pray and shoot torps. It easier in confined spaces but you got to make do with what you've got.

~ Source: I play all classes.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Dear OP,

You have great insight by just playing 3 games in WOWs. I wish I was as good as you. But nice advice on most part. You nailed it.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Most destroyers have a detection range of 7+++ km. Your DDs shouldn't even that close unless they are trying for a torpedo run around an island.

Destroyers for most part should be kept around 8-10 Km away from the enemy, even if it means being close to your own teams cruisers.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

kill rate farmer should use a DD at low tier or a CV(must be good at it. noob CV is a real burden)

also. DD at 5 kilos from enemy = dead DD.

i think the lowest concealment that DD has is around 5.5 kilo or something at low tier (minekaze with concealment expert+camo = 5.4 kilo concealment). if DD get nearer more than that. they will be sighted. sighted DD in close range = dead DD. :/

Edited by ReNation

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

Well, for you who had better experience than me, as current time is my 5th day of playing WoWs.

What I meant is DD should always be on front, CA on the middle, and BB on the rear. CV just find somewhere safe.

When I wrote this, I still on Tier 3. Maybe for some of you who already had Tier 8~10 ship, this is too close, but this is the lower tier, bruh ... pls back to your old memories when you still a newbie. :child:

But, in the lower tier ship play, what do you thing the formation should be ?

And when it's pass level 6, what do you recommend ? Cause I'm serious playing this game, and deadly serious need some advice here. :izmena:

Edited by MissMeMiss

Super Tester
1,310 posts

still even in low tiers. their concealment is only as low as 5.6kilo base (umikaze) with camo down to 5.43. i doubt any umikaze captain has concealment expert (tier 5 captain skill) so i just leave it at it.

still. DD user should never ever going as near as 5 kilo or less to enemy, unless u got and island as cover(or smoke).

if you are trying to knife fight another DD, or trying to do suicide torp run is ur choice if u want to go, but try to use island cover for this as possible as u can (i personally love to drop torp 1 kilo from BB/CV, its like shootgunning them in the face)..

in high tier, u might want to drive as far as possible as DD captain for reasons,

1. USSR/USN captain might want to make use of Advance fire training to the max. this skill can reward em with being able to invis fire.

2. as IJN DD captain, u dont want to get sighted. not even once if possible :)

well theres more mechanic in the game, like smoke, etc.
and more way to play it. but i'll just leave it at it for now.

Edited by ReNation

1,125 posts

DD, on the front line???    5555+

in real naval battle, that's may be true,

but in this game, it's big no no

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/10482-what-do-you-think-of-coward-play-style/

yeah, I can be up front but no where near 5 km.  minimum distance is 6+ km.

for tier 7+IJNDD it's should be 7-9 km.

Edited by PGM991

Sign in to follow this