You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RealDestruction

Pause/Cancel download of patch 0.5.1

10 comments in this topic

2 posts
2,596 battles

I was about to finish my download in the progress of 96%. Then I try to pause it for a while. After I resume it, the progress that I made lost. Why can't we have a manual patch installer? I thought downloading in the WoW launcher is like a torrent client, but it just delete the progress. I'm not the only one who's having an issue like this. 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I was about to finish my download in the progress of 96%. Then I try to pause it for a while. After I resume it, the progress that I made lost. Why can't we have a manual patch installer? I thought downloading in the WoW launcher is like a torrent client, but it just delete the progress. I'm not the only one who's having an issue like this. 

go to update folder.

theres a xxxxxx.torrents file

open that file with bittorrent/utorrent/etc. and put the downloaded file into update folder. 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

go to update folder.

open that file with bittorrent/utorrent/etc. and put the downloaded file into update folder. 

Thanks. i will try, probably works better than their $%^& client.

now i can browse internet and do other things while updates. seriously WG can't even add something simple like managing the speed of the download or allow you to pause the update while not loosing download progress.

Edited by yansuki

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

go to update folder.

thanks, it works like charm. downloading it with torrent are way better than downloading updates using their %^&*( client.

2 posts
2,596 battles

go to update folder.

It looks like I found the folder and I also found the size of the file (96% progress) that I downloaded yesterday. Is there a way to continue it when you try to input the torrent file in Utorrent? 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

It looks like I found the folder and I also found the size of the file (96% progress) that I downloaded yesterday. Is there a way to continue it when you try to input the torrent file in Utorrent? 

u could try. but i am not sure enough,,,

1. open the wows_51.128308_50.124262_client_asia.patch.torrent file to load it to bittorrent/utorrent/etc then stop the torrent

2. rename the latest (2.5 gigs file) *.patch file (not *.patch.download   , it will fail) to wows_51.128308_50.124262_client_asia.patch

3. copy/move that wows_51.128308_50.124262_client_asia.patch to directory where ur download folder located and replace the file that has been downloaded with bittorrent. 

4. open the bittorrent windows, right click at the torrent name. click at force recheck. (the torrent must be at stop state).

5. wait the bit torrent doing hash check on the file. if u are lucky. u could see that the remaining size that u need to download is decreased. if not lucky. u might need to redownload the whole thing

[HKACC]
252 posts
2,830 battles

I'm asking just in case gonna experience the same thing in the future, but right now I don't have that problem, patching work fine.

What inside the torrent file ? Is it just Copy-Paste or it's an *.exe patcher file ?

Super Tester
1,310 posts

I'm asking just in case gonna experience the same thing in the future, but right now I don't have that problem, patching work fine.

What inside the torrent file ? Is it just Copy-Paste or it's an *.exe patcher file ?

the same exact file that u download with the launcher :

magicnumber_magicnumber_client.patch file

[PANZA]
Alpha Tester
35 posts
3,297 battles

go to update folder.

Thank you. This is a much better idea than starting a thread to abuse WG for the terrible launcher.

Also WG, the launcher is bad. Just bad.