Module Upgrade on Fubuky  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which module upgrade for Fubuki?

• Propulsion Modification 2
    • Steering Gears Modification 2

7 comments in this topic

451 posts
6,946 battles

Rocking the Bucky and still can't decide between these two.

Propulsion Modification 2, or Steering Gears Modification 2?

The reason is because I see that the Bucky is very slow, but she has decent rudder shift BUT poor turning radius. So I am confused.

Suggestions anyone? Please back up your answers with justification.

bucky1.png

Edited by Kleiss

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

DD already has insane rudder shift time and steering modification only affect them for 0.something seconds. imo propulsion is way better because as you steer your ship, you are constantly losing speed and propulsion allows you to counter that. it also allows you do decrease speed faster, useful when evading torpedo. 

451 posts
6,946 battles

thanks! i see many people adding rudder shift even at high tiers, just wanted to clarify!

Edited by Kleiss

520 posts
11,127 battles

For the farragut, i use it for close in CQB "Knife Fights" with other ships... the fast rudder upgrade, complements its already good propulsion.

So i went with the Steering Gears upgrade

Whoops... i didnt see the title right there. Lol..."Fubuki" my bad:p

Edited by kultabashi

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

100% PROPULSION

DD already have good rudder shift, but as you go up tier their turning circle gets bigger inevitably and putting in steering module wouldn't do anything to help that.

You need propulsion for the extra acceleration/deceleration and mess up the enemy's aim by drastically changing your speeds.

Edited by Deicide

Beta Tester
38 posts
3,824 battles

In two cases I choose propulsion over rudder shift.

1. When the ship has gigantic turning radius. In this case whether you shift your rudder quickly doesn't matter because your primary method of evasive maneuver will be to change speed. E.g. Iowa, Montana

2. When the ship's rudder shift is already enough. In this case I never feel waiting for rudder to shift and making it shift faster doesn't really make much of a difference. I'd rather have the ship change speed faster as there's never been a case when I don't feel having to wait for my ship to gain/lose speed. E.g. All DDs

Edited by Lichtbringer