Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Boltergeist

Cleveland's AA Weapons

5 comments in this topic

575 posts
5,354 battles

It states that the Cleveland uses its 7 dual purpose turrets as AA; however, I never see them activate to fire on planes even with my AA defense cool-down active. Is this a bug or working as intended? All I see and hear are the 20mm and 40mm firing, never do I see or hear those dual 5" guns firing off.

520 posts
11,127 battles

The 5" Guns on Cleveland are the same with Atlanta and US DDS.  They have a range of 5kms.... If your Guns, start shooting at 5kms, then thats the Dual purpose Turrets working for you

575 posts
5,354 battles

The 5" Guns on Cleveland are the same with Atlanta and US DDS.  They have a range of 5kms.... If your Guns, start shooting at 5kms, then thats the Dual purpose Turrets working for you

I understand that; however, I never see them move nor fire when enemy planes reach 5 km from my ship. I only see and hear the 40 and then 20 mm AA guns fire. Those dual 5" guns should move to engage planes but they do not. They only move to engage ships at close range, never planes. Hence the reason of my question for the devs.

575 posts
5,354 battles

As a follow up to the DP guns on my Cleveland, I noticed that the DP guns on the NC appear to not engage aircraft. I've watched them do nothing when planes were within 7km (I have the AA skill and AA mod) which my dual 5" guns have. They do not rotate to fire unless I'm close to another ship. Can I get an answer from the devs on this? Is it by design or a bug?

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Secondary gun(s) will only move to aim at enemy ships within range.

They will not move to "shoot" at enemy planes, even though they are (if planes are within range). Cause AA in WoWS is an AOE aura around your ship, so even if your secondary DP guns cannot physically turn to shoot the plane, it will still cause AOE "damage" to the plane.

Afterall your Main/secondary DP guns will shoot at BOTH ships and planes at the same time (#Logic) if both are within range, so you cannot expect it to aim at both at the same time. So it is by design your DP guns will not aim at the enemy planes (but will still contribute to AA defense).

Sign in to follow this