Sign in to follow this  
RaishinVuong2102

How to drop torpedoes effectively ?

5 comments in this topic

Super Tester
250 posts

How to drop torpedoes effectively with long range torpedo ( 10 - 20km ) ???? Some one help me solve this problem !!! It's very hard to hit ships from a long range with torpedo ( mutsuki 2nd torpedo ) :(

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Make launches on targets that are busy shooting at something else, always try to launch while undetected and preferably with no planes around. Also, use the aim indicator as a guideline - you have multiple tubes, so launch one set at the aim assist, and another spread at where you think the target will turn when they see the torpedoes. There's a pretty excellent visual aid over at the newcomers forum, so you should check that out.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

It is always hard to land hits on long range targets due to the following:

The longer the torpedo's range, the traveling time is also longer, meaning a higher chance for the enemy to change direction or speed, so your margin of error is greater. A longer range torpedo also has a higher chance of getting spotted before it reaches target thus reducing hit chance.

To ensure (not 100%) a better chance to hit a target at long range, you first use the aim assist to gauge. If it stays constant, you first shoot a spread in the direction you think he will evade, then follow by a second salvo at slightly ahead of where the aim assist points you.

Another way is to "island snipe" as what I call it, by shooting across gaps in islands to conceal your torpedoes until the target sees it (rounding the island).

These doesn't ensure your torpedoes will 100%  hit, but it helps increase the chance as there is many factors that can go against you.

91 posts
6,556 battles

How to drop torpedoes effectively with long range torpedo ( 10 - 20km ) ???? Some one help me solve this problem !!! It's very hard to hit ships from a long range with torpedo ( mutsuki 2nd torpedo ) :(

I'd like to suggest you to drop torpedoes as close as you can to the target---i mean 2KM-5KM, or you need to aim at battle cruiser,they're too slow to dodge. it's very hard to hit a target with distance of 10-20KM, most of them are out of scope of your torpedoes.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

pay attention to their speed. fire the first torpedo at lead aim then the next one little bit behind. Just in case the target saw the torpedo and tried to slowdown and evade.

don't fire your torpedo if you are on max range. 8-7km is optimal torpedo drop (so their spread are not too wide when they reach the target.)

firing torpedo spread at tightly pack fleet is also great. there's high chance that you can hit more than one ship. also they will be cautions in the future and will try to spread out. making their AA stack more thinner.

island are also great way to conceal your torpedo, making them harder to see until its too late.

pay attention to map, try to see if there are vulnerable lone big target like battleship. 

Sign in to follow this