Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng

Shell landing hundreds meter short

14 comments in this topic

295 posts
501 battles

I got that problem alot in my Fuso, even I got my target targeted. There's always 5-10% of my shot landing ridiculously short, and I am sure the enemy ships didn't turn (even if he turn, the shell will land close but not that far)

And also targeting ship behind island, some times the computer just refuse to help to set your gun and aim at ships behind the island (also got him locked)

As a BB playet that have ~30second reload time it really mess my perfect aligned shot up

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

It is not as annoying as seeing all your shells leaving the barrels perfectly grouped but when they land, half of them fall short and the other half go right over the enemy superstructure and land on the other side.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Game fails to calculate plunging fire over islands. Most. Annoying. Thing. Ever. You have a target locked? Youre 15+km away? hes just on the other side of a short island? Yeah, no plunging fire for you, shots go into islands instead.

Also, shot dispersion is a bit wonky sometimes too. I can understand that both guns in a dual mount turret that is fired at the exact same time, those two shots might have a slightly different elevation, but for those same two shells to fire in two different lateral directions? how the hell does that even happen? are the guns cross eyed? Are the barrels curved in opposite directions?

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I got that problem alot in my Fuso, even I got my target targeted. There's always 5-10% of my shot landing ridiculously short, and I am sure the enemy ships didn't turn (even if he turn, the shell will land close but not that far)

look at the enemy ship's heading relative to your position(the map will come in handy because sometimes silhouettes can be confusing ), if he's heading "away" from you, you ought to add more height to your aim. the further away his heading is from you, the more you'll add to compensate.

And also targeting ship behind island, some times the computer just refuse to help to set your gun and aim at ships behind the island (also got him locked)

avoid impulsive shooting at slow turrets. the cause of this is most probably the guns haven't had enough time to elevate, but your reticle says all green. just give it a couple of sec before firing.
Edited by Deicide

295 posts
501 battles

look at the enemy ship's heading relative to your position(the map will come in handy because sometimes silhouettes can be confusing ), if he's heading "away" from you, you ought to add more height to your aim. the further away his heading is from you, the more you'll add to compensate.

avoid impulsive shooting at slow turrets. the cause of this is most probably the guns haven't had enough time to elevate, but your reticle says all green. just give it a couple of sec before firing.

Well, the first one I already know that, I am s sniper in ArmA and airsoft so I have a clear mind of how to lead and compensation. And as I just said, it's not 10-100m, its over 100 and maximum is a click

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,880 battles

Yeah noticed the fall short few shots (way off) on sea on my Cleveland and as per the shots landing on island...its a random chance for me happening on my BBs...but I concur it happens...

Super Tester
532 posts
1,052 battles

Try checking your map. What may look flat on is actually at an angle heading towards or away from you.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

^

Nah, the examples I have in mind is where I fire at something across clear water and the shots inexplicably fall short by MANY hundreds of metres.

It's as though I were firing at an entirely different target for all the fall of shot resembles being fired at my real target.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

^

Nah, the examples I have in mind is where I fire at something across clear water and the shots inexplicably fall short by MANY hundreds of metres.

It's as though I were firing at an entirely different target for all the fall of shot resembles being fired at my real target.

if this is what he meant, then those 2 scenarios he mentioned are the same--being the guns unable to elevate/depress in time while showing "all green"/ready to fire to the player and the result is a short shot or shots hitting the islands. no bugs, just need some keen observation and some logical thinking. just let your guns aim in same position for a couple of sec specially if you switch from a near target to a far one and vice versa.

Edited by Deicide

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

In the cases I've seen it it had nothing to do with intervening terrain, or other potential targets.

It simply had a brainfart and a bunch of shots landed up to a few km short of the target.

Sign in to follow this