Sign in to follow this  
eternalnoob

PvP too hard.

34 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I think you should hone your skills in PVE before coming back to PVP. It can be pretty unforgiving, especially when you play with the wrong people.

Hang in there.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Get better and learn from the forum or various youtube guides (Jingles, iChase, whatever)

Don't be afraid to get destroyed in the first 50 or so games, everyone are like that in their 50 or hell, 500 games.:D

You may also want to check out the Newcomer's Zone. There are a lot of guides to help you out.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Just started last Oct. 31. I really suck at pvp. I think I'll just play PvE mode forever.

Going by your profile you've been almost only playing PvE.

Combat in PvE is completely different from PvP despite using the same basic game mechanics.

I highly suggest to start again by playing from scratch.

I.e. play a tier I ship for 5-10 battles, then a tier II for a couple of battles and so on.

What you're lacking right now is a feeling for how players will react in certain situations,

and that's something that you'll only learn by playing and actively watching what others are doing.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

By the way forgot to mentions playing PvP can result you throw your mouse or worst case throw your computer outa the window due to 4 major phase, firstly will be Blue liners aka Border humpers, Secondly will be Teamkiller either intentionnally or accidentally, thirdly will be Afker where some ships Naval Commanders really lost in the middle of nowhere ahhhh and lastly having a entire trolling or aka fail divisions in your team and wait did i mention sometime MM drink too much Vodka and drunk sometime i guess that the fifth <-----.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

everyone was once a noob when we started playing this game. like what alvin said, watch tutorials from jingles,ichase and other WoWs streamers on youtube. if you got horrible matches/situation where you ended up sinking without doing significant damage or score, ask yourself why did that happened?, what did go wrong?, what are the mistake that you did?, and what should you have done to make the situation better or to prevent that situation from happening, so the next time you went on that same situation, you will probably know that to do next.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

everyone was once a noob when we started playing this game. like what alvin said, watch tutorials from jingles,ichase and other WoWs streamers on youtube. if you got horrible matches/situation where you ended up sinking without doing significant damage or score, ask yourself why did that happened?, what did go wrong?, what are the mistake that you did?, and what should you have done to make the situation better or to prevent that situation from happening, so the next time you went on that same situation, you will probably know that to do next.

None of this above suits me, and i seldom watch all of this cause all of this Twitchers you mentioned there are also just a normal peoples like us playing with their own skills and technique but i learn to play this game from playing Battlestations Midway and Battlestations Pacific but to be further i also play SCS which refer more to Tactical Naval Action Report Roleplaying.

Edited by davud1537

168 posts
5,667 battles

It's your call really.

At least you have the option.

Your progress through the tiers will be much slower if you only play co-op mode.

PvP is definitely tougher, and you will only really get better at PvP by doing more of it.

As Retia suggests, it's probably not a good idea to jump into PvP only at higher tiers.

I play PvE only to get used to a quirky ship or new technique, or when player numbers are too low for random games.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Just get better. And remember not to go deep in assault and retreat if necessary. Always go for lowest HP & focus fire.

Always go for lowesr HP and fire sound like KS to me theb how about those pro cons that being getting hit and hit then in the end got KS, is that fair hmmmmm?:sceptic:

It's your call really.

At least you have the option.

Your progress through the tiers will be much slower if you only play co-op mode.

PvP is definitely tougher, and you will only really get better at PvP by doing more of it.

As Retia suggests, it's probably not a good idea to jump into PvP only at higher tiers.

I play PvE only to get used to a quirky ship or new technique, or when player numbers are too low for random games.

This is not a challange game so you don't really need to get a tier 10 within 200 battles or in one day unless you are PTW peeps and also playing PvE ofteb does not improve your skills compare to PvP, well you see playing PvE is like playing bots and we know what bots does, they all rush, TK more worst collided to a islands but compare to PvP none of this happened except TK, Blue line and a few AFK peeps but in the end you could learn how to play in PvP by seeing their skills and technique. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Always go for lowesr HP and fire sound like KS to me theb how about those pro cons that being getting hit and hit then in the end got KS, is that fair hmmmmm?

Official motto of my old mmorpg guild:

"Siehste Rot, mach's tot."

(Translation: "See red, make it dead")

Living targets are targets that have damage potential, i.e. I want living targets to be dead.

And I don't care who made the final swing, as long as the red is dead.

621 posts
2,271 battles

Stick with your team. The more players there are in a spot, the more target an enemy has to choose from and therefore the lesser chance that you will be singled out and eliminated. PvP isn't "too" hard, you just need to get a hang of it.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Always go for lowesr HP and fire sound like KS to me theb how about those pro cons that being getting hit and hit then in the end got KS, is that fair hmmmmm?:sceptic:

Not KS'ing, a low HP enemy ship does not entirely mean target only a 10% HP enemy ship. You mainly go for any enemy ships that is damaged already rather than go after full HP enemy, it will save your team if you damage and kill first the damaged ship first.

423 posts
3,175 battles

if it's hostile, you kill it... Ranger way...

And if the ship, even in 1 HP, could still do damage, therefore, kill it as the first priority...

But depend on which one also...

19 posts
1,783 battles

Stick by your team at first. If you are dying in the first 5 min, then it generally means you are charging through no-ship's water, or you went rambo in your DD. So yeah, stick with your team and just click on enemy ships.

For target selection to maximise win generally:

- you are in a battleship:

cruisers first, then battleships

- cruiser:

cruiser, battleships, but destroyers first if you see in in range (below 10km range) unless you feel lucky

- destroyer (USN, Russian):

destroyers, battleships, cruisers

- destroyer (IJN):

battleships, cruisers, if you see a USN or Russian destroyer, then fire torps if you want, but make sure you run as fast as possible

- carrier

battleships/carrier (depending on your starting strategy), cruisers, destroyers

Sign in to follow this