You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WarshipsToday

Warships.Today - new statistics website [beta]

163 comments in this topic

47 posts

We've just launched http://warships.today/asia in beta.

It does tracking of player statistics in a user friendly way and also calculates Warships Today Rating (WTR) - a rating that considers stats such as damage, frags (ship and plane) to determine player performance.

The individual player page provides a great overview of how the player is doing in different ships and shows a comparison with server average stats. 

It currently has a good sample of players on ASIA, EU, NA, RU servers in the database, so the vehicle stats are representative (not skewed towards those that use the site).

It would be great to hear what you think and any comments or suggestions.

Regards,

Nathan

P.S. Please feel free to repost the link to the non-English communities. I will unfortunately not be able to follow the discussion there, so if you have questions, please ask here or using the Help form on the site.

Edited by WarshipsToday

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

How and why is my name not in there I've no idea.

The WTR calculation is...... It seems rather.. dubious.

But then again it needs more work..

Is a WTR rating of 1599 good or something?

Edited by Deathskyz

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

While im happy to see my rating is Great, im not for the idea.

Remember that feeling when you got into a game in WoT with XVM on, only find yourself as being the only player on your team that was green or higher, and everyone else was red? then the enemy team was all greens and higher? It crushes your confidence in your team, and makes you feel like you have to do everything yourrself and carry the team.

Edited by Cyanide7662

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

Remember that feeling when you got into a game in WoT with XVM on, only find yourself as being the only player on your team that was green or higher, and everyone else was red? then the enemy team was all greens and higher? It crushes your confidence in your team, and makes you feel like you have to do everything yourrself and carry the team.

Exactly. Good for your e-peen. Not so good for the Community.

331 posts
17,063 battles

Umm I have over 200 battles in my wyoming and somehow I am not on the leader board for most battle but others who have less battles are.

i don't think it is accuate and is biased in some way Not that warshipstast.com isnt but atleast theyre open about it and don't claim to be representative of the entire server.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Umm I have over 200 battles in my wyoming and somehow I am not on the leader board for most battle but others who have less battles are.

i don't think it is accuate and is biased in some way Not that warshipstast.com isnt but atleast theyre open about it and don't claim to be representative of the entire server.

I think is not about the number of battle, But its about average score per battle.

I understand that if some one play particular ships once and that person did really good in that battle his stats on that ship will be like 100% winrate with 100,000  average damage per battle so there should be the minimum amout of battle like 30 or 100 battle to be account in the rank of particular ships ranking.

But i gotta say your average stats in Wyoming isn't that great that why you not in the leader board.

47 posts

We had a bug with how the leaderboards were updated. We believe we fixed it. If we have, you should appear on the most battles leaderboard for Wyoming within 24 hours (probably sooner).

47 posts

But at least then you know - I lost because my team was bad, nothing I could do.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

my atlanta has 52% winrate and 40k damage and have 1552 WTR

My midway the same winrate and 130k damage have 891 WTR

I think you should redo your WTR formula

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I don't remember that, I never used XVM.

But at least then you know - I lost because my team was bad, nothing I could do.

If I ever start thinking like that I'll prolly stop playing videogames.

If my team lost it's because I was unable to win by myself or influence the game flow enough to make a win possible.

There's always something I can do or could've done to prevent a loss, failing to do so is my fault not my team's.

(Talking about games in general)

That's why I watch replays and find out what I could've done better at which point during the match and where I should've been to do that.

Mind you stats are useful as additional tools to replays that showcase percentages and averages to determine long term issues,

but to evaluate someone else's performance I'd much rather watch them play then rely on some random number...

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

I guess they dont like CV players?

Its quite easy to farm damage anyways in CVs as you put it. Especially a Midway.

only that my essex has an overall lower scores across the board than the midway but guess what, it has 1300+ compared to my midways 891.

IDK their formula seems a bit off and they gave frags(last hit) so much value and just from that alone for me WTR lost credibility.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,801 battles

We're off point,

This hampers the game, it doesnt help benefit the community.

Its nice to stroke your e-peen. But when everyone starts comparing their stats and proving why they're better...

We have a problem.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Idiots will misuse any tool available. That's the nature of idiots.

Don't see why that means none of us should have those tools. however.

I'd have thought, for example, it would be helpful to have some idea of what an 'average' performance in a certain vessel looks, both as a guide for how well/badly I'm doing in it and also as an indication of those that might look to be OP or UP.

Edited by Steeltrap

47 posts

my atlanta has 52% winrate and 40k damage and have 1552 WTR

My midway the same winrate and 130k damage have 891 WTR

I think you should redo your WTR formula

It will be adjusted. Thanks for your feedback, it will be considered for the adjustment.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,636 battles

It says I'm a 'Super Unicorn'.......in PvE    :D

I think stat have their place.....just not on the battlefield

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Beta Tester
506 posts
1,386 battles

It says I'm a 'Super Unicorn'.......in PvE    :D

I think stat have their place.....just not on the battlefield

Stats is okay. It just goes to show you your performance relative to the whole users.  it's just a game and you should enjoy playing in your ship whatever that is.

In the end, you don't need stats to know how poor your teammate performance is. I'm talking about IJN BBs sniping in base instead of capping flags. I'm talking about lemming trains who can't capture a single flag.