You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CarbonMonoxide

Need help in the Karlsruhe

36 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Getting the karlsruhe, I have no idea how to use it

The kolberg, it can be great if you get close enough

but this karlsruhe, its guns are inaccurate, especially in long range, its DPM and RoF isn't high either

its gun can't work well at all range, its torpedo is okay but not much better than Pheonix

its AA, speed, turning radius and rudder shift are all worse than the counter parts

I'm dead when there's a fuso 16km away

I can't do anything against a Kuma/Pheonix

Sometimes I even meet Cleverland

and the worst part is that I can't kill a DD

Can anybody give me some advise to grind through this?

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

It is too soon to ask about the ship that was released in less than a month. But i must say even the best contributor says that ship is bad... Well... I've played a couple of games with that thing and yeah... It sucks. So i decided to skip it using free EXP. She is certainly not suitable for the play style of the St. Louis nor the Phoenix/Kuma.

621 posts
2,271 battles

Free EXP :D

Seriously though Karlsruhe is pretty terrible compared to its equivalents. Phoenix has better guns and torps, Kuma has better mobility and torps, both have vastly superior stats in just about every category but detectability. Your best bet is to head off against other cruisers while hiding behind the shadow of bigger ships while pelting the enemy with AP.

Super Tester
334 posts
5,375 battles

The Karlsruhe's HE shell is better than its AP, at least you can make your opponents burn with HE. I once use AP to shoot at the Kuma, which was 7km away and only have 7hp left, score direct hit but can't deal a single damage. That thing should be renamed to Karlsuck. 

You can use free exp like other guys recommended but if you can't afford any I suggest you should always move with your team while playing the Karlsruhe and always use HE. You can easily get more than 10k of burning damage with its HE shells.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I find it troubling and sadly not at all surprising that WG can release ships so widely regarded as crap.

What sort of testing do they do? How can they look at all the parameters and not know whether or not the vessel is going to be within an acceptable level of performance of all its competitors?

Are they incompetent, or are they already putting in dogs deliberately so as to get people to spend money on "free" (that makes me laugh every time) exp?

Even GOOD players of the game say this thing under-performs and is hard work to get to do much of anything with.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Getting the karlsruhe, I have no idea how to use it

The kolberg, it can be great if you get close enough

but this karlsruhe, its guns are inaccurate, especially in long range, its DPM and RoF isn't high either

its gun can't work well at all range, its torpedo is okay but not much better than Pheonix

its AA, speed, turning radius and rudder shift are all worse than the counter parts

I'm dead when there's a fuso 16km away

I can't do anything against a Kuma/Pheonix

Sometimes I even meet Cleverland

and the worst part is that I can't kill a DD

Can anybody give me some advise to grind through this?

go with destroyers. at close range, use AP to other cruisers and battleships and rely more on your torpedoes and their excellent and unexpected firing arc. avoid long range engagements.
Edited by Deicide

Super Tester
1,310 posts

karlsruhe buff inbound....

Sources????:great:

it bound to be happen. we just dont know when is it :v

just like WG buffed the taco. they will(must) do something to buff karlsruhe and her mate...

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

this ship is just bad. unlike russian DD who has better range and stearing this ship as no advantage to other cruiser of the same tier at all

worst shell damage but same RoF. wtf with 1700 shell damage, its like DD caliber gun.

worst HP

worst armor

worst gun range

worst speed

slightly better concealment...

better turning circle?

this ship is out gunned, out ranges and outmaneuver by kuma and phoenix who are both great ship. she can't even run away from them with its 27kt speed.

if it used player with same skill, ship has snow ball chance in hell against those two great ship. 

at tier IV she can even encounter cleveland and furutaka. 

Super Tester
1,310 posts

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/55715-051-patch-notes/

Germany

1. For Dresden, Kolberg and Karsruhe AP shells have been recalculated, armor penetration has been increased
  2. For Hermelin, central hull platearmor has been increased to 23 mm

seems like they will starting to buff it at 0.5.1

if they feels like the ap buff is not enough. they will buff it more. but its not soon. they still need to watch the stat for while

Edited by ReNation

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,452 battles

Was struggling to pen omahas (with the worlds largest cit) with the karlsruche. Finally got jack of it an free xp'd out of it.

Now got the konigsberg, with apparently the same gun, but now can pen plenty good.

Sup with that?

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Was struggling to pen omahas (with the worlds largest cit) with the karlsruche. Finally got jack of it an free xp'd out of it.

Now got the konigsberg, with apparently the same gun, but now can pen plenty good.

Sup with that?

WG magic hidden stats?

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Sup with that?

ballistic stat difference? you'll find that a lot here.
Edited by Deicide

14 posts
517 battles

this thing is just bad in all aspect, low rof, low dpm, slow, maneuver like a battleship, short range of fire.

and yeah, few hits at middle of the ship will knock your engine down

have to go as a back stabber, when enemy busy firing at your teammate, u go to shot enemy from other side, if the enemy decided to shot u, gg lah....

the lucky thing it is at tier 4, so not that much exp needed to move to next ship, Konigsberg is great

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,871 battles

Lol I remember you OP, and yeah either be patience and grind with it hoping that you'll end in more tier 3 battles than tier 4 or worst tier 6 game...get enough exp and sell it off in a heart beat lol...I kinda graduated from it and has never been happy...oh ya Konigsberg next is worth the blood and tears lol

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,633 battles

I played throw the pain. You just have to go hard (because of her short range and modest speed) and use the island to help you get in close. The light at the end of the tunnel is Konigsberg.