You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Coburn

Scam User offering "PowerLeveling" goods for real $$$ - be careful!

21 comments in this topic

103 posts
3,940 battles

I won't say the person's name here because I got a slap in the face from a mod the other time I named and shamed someone, but if a mod wants to investigate or report it to WarGaming's upper staff, then please pop me a PM so I can forward you the screenshot. Basically, this spammer was advertising these goods:

PowerLeveling: WOWS $30 for 50,000 EXP,58$ for 100,000 EXP,coupon code "cici" to get 3% discount for Halloween poi~ 3M Credits for 12.6$ ,German Cruiser from I to V for 189$

Of course, I've omitted the URL because that would be a very stupid move, but if you see any people posting this in chat or PM, please report them - you'll only lose your money, and you may even lose your precious shipgirls ships. I know I'd be pretty annoyed if my Tenryuu went AWOL.

So tl;dr: Only buy stuff from WG. They might be more expensive than what the spammers are trying to offer, but at least a) WG is legit and b) WG will at least tell you where your order is if it doesn't appear in your docks within a short while after purchase.

This has been a PSA from your friendly Coburn.

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

Hello, in addition, I accept reports via PMs as well. Feel free to contact your Friendly WG Staff or player moderators for scam reports.

The support team also accepts such reports via ticket.

Thank you.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

So Conana-sama, can i report a case of "Blasphemy"? There is a guy who quits believing in Vadim and he decides to worship another God called... Something... Brazzer... I don't know.

I have screenshot: :trollface:

xE8JRhh.jpg

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

So Conana-sama, can i report a case of "Blasphemy"? There is a guy who quits believing in Vadim and he decides to worship another God called... Something... Brazzer... I don't know.

I have screenshot:

xE8JRhh.jpg

Speechless :(

Super Tester
1,677 posts

@OP, justice has been served. 

on the off topic discussion: If I am B and someone denounces A, why would I care? 

because you are C

423 posts
3,175 battles

^ COP?

More like Benny the Supercop to me...

SUPERCOP!!!!

CONANA!!!!

not CORTANA

@d@vud: Brazzzzzzzzzzzzah worsheepah, we should nail him before he start giving out larvae... Stop the Jerg invasion, save humanity...

406 posts
6,279 battles

@OP, justice has been served. 

on the off topic discussion: If I am B and someone denounces A, why would I care? 

A and B are the 1st and 2nd letters of the alphabet

1+2=3

A Triangle has 3 sides

Half life 3 confirmed

Triangle is also the symbol of the Illuminati

Illuminate has 10 letters

10 minus 2 is 8

and do you know what else has 8 letters?

JOHN CENA!

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

I won't say the person's name here because I got a slap in the face from a mod the other time I named and shamed someone, but if a mod wants to investigate or report it to WarGaming's upper staff, then please pop me a PM so I can forward you the screenshot. Basically, this spammer was advertising these goods:

Of course, I've omitted the URL because that would be a very stupid move, but if you see any people posting this in chat or PM, please report them - you'll only lose your money, and you may even lose your precious shipgirls ships. I know I'd be pretty annoyed if my Tenryuu went AWOL.

So tl;dr: Only buy stuff from WG. They might be more expensive than what the spammers are trying to offer, but at least a) WG is legit and b) WG will at least tell you where your order is if it doesn't appear in your docks within a short while after purchase.

This has been a PSA from your friendly Coburn.

Had 2 of those pop up when I logged on a couple of days ago with the exact same message.I checked the player profiles,one had a couple of games played and the other had none.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

2 very simple rules of thumb to go by:

1.  If it's not from the game developer it's probably bogus and will hurt you in some way.

2.  If you see it let the authorities for that game developer know

Super Tester
1,677 posts

You can see scammers spamming the forums too occasionally. Lol.

One such funnies was the cristianlee spam.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

You can see scammers spamming the forums too occasionally. Lol.

One such funnies was the cristianlee spam.

Those we deal with as soon as we see them :)

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
943 posts
5,636 battles

sorry will try again with edited pic

Edited by BigWaveSurfer