Sign in to follow this  
chucky2

Can DD fire at planes with the main armament

10 comments in this topic

51 posts
1,163 battles

Hello everyone 

I was wondering if the main armament for DDs could be used against planes. When i checked the modules section of the port, the main armament of my Mutsuki was labeled as the AA guns and artillery. Can someone pls explain

Super Tester
315 posts
4,231 battles

yes ,  it can :popcorn:and the range of the main turrets are also the maximum range of your AA-gun . Look closely , you can see the main turrets shoot the aircrafts ( maybe at 3.5 km or closer )

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Hello everyone 

I was wondering if the main armament for DDs could be used against planes. When i checked the modules section of the port, the main armament of my Mutsuki was labeled as the AA guns and artillery. Can someone pls explain

Ahoy Fellow Naval Commander,

The main armament is a Dual Purpose [DP] gun there are able to dealt wuth surface and threat, hope this information will help you.

Regards.

Nimitz:hiding:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

All multipurpose guns (Like the IJN's 120mm or the USN 5 inch guns) can fire at surface and air target at the same time for Gameplay reasons.

51 posts
1,163 battles

so guns fire automatically at aircraft even when I'm using them?

correct me if I'm mistaken

is there a way i can control them manually on aircraft?

thanks for the info guys

Edited by chucky2

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

is there a way i can control them manually on aircraft?

This is already rejected even back in Alpha.

You can press Ctrl+(Mouse-click) on the target you want to prioritize, however. (e.g. You would want to target a torpedo bomber squadron instead of shooting at a fighter squad)

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
315 posts
4,231 battles

It really can just with the USN DDs !!!! For the IJN DDs you should shut it down :)

not for all IJN DD . Mutsuki has stronge AA :popcorn:i had taken over 13 planes down by Mutsuki's AA :P and 2 planes down at 3 km range by 1 shot :trollface: 

91 posts
6,556 battles

Hello everyone 

it should work. but i still suggest to turn the AA gun auto-shot off, it may help you to hide for more time.

Sign in to follow this