Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
demislc

Domination is robbing me of game time

8 comments in this topic

1 post
574 battles

Finally got some ships to tier 6, but I've been noticing that domination mode ends the match too soon and it happens regardless whether I'm on the winning side or losing side. I am not very good and I want to stay longer in a match to get more practice and get more fun but damn the 1000 point victory condition. Yes there are balancing issues so certain scenarios would see it wise to have domination matches but just from what I have been experiencing alone from random battles that threshold comes too soon too often I rather have the 20-minute timer expire or better yet win by eliminating all enemy ships. Maybe domination is more appealing for tournaments. 

I am not liking domination matches so much right now I suggest for it to be taken out of random battles at least.

Edited by demislc

724 posts
2,176 battles

Well,I kinda disagree with you on the "match ends too soon" part. It is actually a good thing,spending the entire 20 minutes in a match and still lose will eventually drive someone crazy. And I think this mode needs a LOT of teamwork and coordination to properly win,so you will indeed gain experiences overtime,just be patient and keep on playing. And no offense,but I think its selfish to decide that this mode should be removed just because you don't like it,there are people who likes it as well.

51 posts
504 battles

I would like it to be an option that you can uncheck in settings. Just like WOT did with encounter and assault.

I agree with the OP. Too many times I feel like I am having a great game and team is starting to turn it around from being behind on points and then suddenly its over.

32 posts
1,242 battles

I would like it to be an option that you can uncheck in settings. Just like WOT did with encounter and assault.

I agree with the OP. Too many times I feel like I am having a great game and team is starting to turn it around from being behind on points and then suddenly its over.

Although I am loathe to agree to a mullet,

I agree completely with Mullet.

Alpha Tester
197 posts
2,388 battles

I hate Domination mode.  I seem to get it most of the time.  An option to stay out of Domination mode would be great Devs.

44 posts

Domination is where team tactics really come into play and using your ship wisely...staying in to the end and doing as much damage as possible...oh wait thats just the game in general haha. the timer is so you push with your team if you are not winning and timing out or not losing and timing out either your team was evenly matched and therefore well done! or playing too safe is slowing you down it only takes 2 team mates to hide behind an island and pot shot at enemies to cost you a match. Those are not winning tactics in domination...thats why it is named so, otherwise it would be called hang around and see if you can shoot someone whos bow is sticking out from that island to much! Keep trying though mate T6 is so much fun and the best levels to iron out your play style and ship peculiarities. What ships are you playing? do you camp? try different tactics and see if you can make a difference mate.

Sign in to follow this