Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
5finger

Collision Compensation / Marine Navigation

3 comments in this topic

14 posts
2,486 battles

Can someone please explain how the compensation calculations work.

It seams really unfair, marine navigation does not seem to come into the calculation.  I recently was rammed on my portside. The cost for me was 14,393 credits and 57 exp. Whilst the other ship was clearly in the wrong,  their cost was only 71 credits.  Its happened numerous occassions where the other ship is clearly in the wrong but the majority of the cost was borne by me.

Edited by 5finger

724 posts
2,153 battles

I have no idea how this system works,so this is just a wild guess. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm assuming that this system calculates the damage done by both individuals that got involved in the team ram.

For example,if you're in a BB and the other guy who rammed you was in a DD,the damage done by you to the DD during the ram is more significant,therefore the fine is higher for you.

But remember this is just a wild guess,it might be correct or completely off.

14 posts
2,486 battles

My guess was the same. Compensation is calculated by amount of damage inflicted. 

Another Q. Is the full amount fined given to the other involved party or only a portion?

I was thinking that it should be calculated by the direction the ships collide, then I thought that it could be abused. i.e. deliberately collide with other ships on your portside.  With this in mind, 'Compensation calculated by amount of damage inflicted/recieved' is much better.  Though I just got rammed again and again it cost me more, this time the other ship turned into my starboard side and T-Boned me, the other ship mounted the Furutaka like a ragging bull on heat, mounting the stern.

Sign in to follow this