24 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

which ships are good for credits farming except Pre ships and CVs ?

CVs with bomber loadout in PvE (good for playing other games on a tablet or reading a book)

Aside from that I highly suggest to pick a tier III - VI ship that you do well in and enjoy playing.

The best way of farming is to make it enjoyable and the easiest way to get that is to pick something you

already enjoy. (Cpt. Obvious at work)

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Isokaze, Umikaze, Minekaze D:

Yukikaze, Amatsukaze, Hatsukaze, Suzukaze, Kawakaze, Tokitsukaze, Urakaze, Hamakaze, Tanikaze, Maikaze aaaaand Slu-...

Shimakaze.

Also, no, I  couldn't resist...

621 posts
2,271 battles

Any of the Japanese DDs are good, since you have a lot of burst damage potential with your torpedoes if used correctly. Even if you die early, as long as a sizable number of torps hit their mark (5-6 is good), you'll get a decent amount of money without having to spend too much time or on repair.

423 posts
3,175 battles

well, the ships that is great for making money is surely the ships that deal a lot of damage.

BB is surely not the case, for every shot you take has to cause some damage to do that, and waiting for half a minutes to reload isn't a good option.

DD is grossly underpower in term of damage dealing. It is good at finishing blow, not as much to have a constant stream of credits into your account.

CV is, hmmm, well, as Retia would suggest, it is a good money maker. However, also does not producing a constant stream of damage so it surely does not get the best deal.

CA/L is the only reasonable choice for getting credit. And you might need a fast firing CA/L, therefore I suggest the St. Louis, Phoenix and Omaha. Their 6" is good with reasonable damage combined with the superb rate of fire. Be advised that if you truly aiming for credit grinding, then you should always stick with your main battery only, torpedoes is optional, but gun is a must.

Hope you'll enjoy World of Warships!

P/S:

The reason I choose not the Cleveland is mainly because of the fragility of the main turrets. It is a must that you have the maximum amount of guns on target. One turret destroyed and you lost a quarter of your money making capability, therefore, Cleveland isn't ideal in making money in my book.

Edited by jchen8792

Beta Tester
38 posts
3,824 battles

I average 200k on my Murmansk with premium.

Use tier 5/6 ships for farming. Repair cost is negligible while you still have decent income.

Or you can use Essex or Midway to farm credits if you're really good and rock most of the time and rarely get sunk.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Most tier 5 ships will do you just fine... but bear in mind the ships that have awesome ROF particularly the USN Cruisers... BBs well not so much, I find it hard to do so much on a BB since they really aren't the flexible type...

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,110 battles

my personal choice for farming with premium ship is Sims..when Yubari was still around, it was the top choice among players...but Yubari is pulled out of the game, being too OP. So now Sims is seem to be the alright choice for high tier farming ships. Murmansk is the best though. but not in high tier.

For non-premium, Omaha is best option. but if you're clever enough, Cleveland is alright too.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Tier IV and V are best for credits. Lots of damage or citadels. I find the phoenix, koningsberg or a DD is the best for this for non premium ships

420 posts
20 battles

you can't buy the Sims, Yuubari or Gremlin (can't remember how to spell it) as they were pre-order packs only.

Ah, they're unobtainable. I thought they're removed from the game lol.

Beta Tester
39 posts
2,110 battles

you can't buy the Sims, Yuubari or Gremlin (can't remember how to spell it) as they were pre-order packs only.

Ah, they're unobtainable. I thought they're removed from the game lol.

Ah luckily i grabbed the Sims while I can

Beta Tester
106 posts
2,843 battles

but Yubari is pulled out of the game, being too OP.

Wait, what? Are we living on the same planet? I have Yubari and it's easily the worst ship I've ever played.

Or you were just being sarcastic and I missed the joke.

On topic, I find CVs are the best for farming credits. Constant stream of damage + high survivability = rain of money. I always put the Zulu flag on my CVs for extra kick.

Edit: I didn't read the "except Pre ships and CVs" part in the OP. How silly of me.

DDs are good alternative. Cheap repair cost and high damage potential with torps can net you high profit, though not as consistent as CVs.

Edited by CodingSession