Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yanyatcheng

matchmaking with "year" or battlerating

6 comments in this topic

295 posts
501 battles

I am sick of sailing a brand new unupgraded ship, it's just bad, like my Fuso... 13km range with 21 knots. ok, I am fine, but when the match making is on tiers, it makes a WW1 ship go against WW2 ship that COMPLETELY out match any unupgraded ship. a upgraded Fuso is way better, and even the Nagato, Kongo or those USN ships, and that's why I am going against

every ship should have a battle rating like in WT, and than MM with that rating, so a stock ship won't go against some fully upgraded ship or 2 tiers higher. upgraded guns/radar/ hull will make their rating higher so it will avoid going against a ship that can't fight againt

or, make them go against 1-2 tier lower for the sake of a WW1 ship, it's always a bad idea to MM a WW1 ship against a WW2.

MM needs to change, that's not fun getting rekt by any time :(

Edited by yanyatcheng

Alpha Tester
982 posts

MM is like getting really drunk at a party. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes somebody else get's lucky at your expense... :ohmy:   It is, what it is.

When your Fuso is fully locked & loaded, are you gonna feel sorry for players who face you with no upgrades on their ships? I think not LOL :izmena:

If you want to get a leg up before you go PvP with a new ship, I suggest playing PvE until you feel you are upgraded enough to fight those who can fight back. Yes, PvE generates less XP and credits. However, the games go much faster so you can turn & burn them very quickly. I do this with every new ship until I get a module or two researched. For CV (barring a x2 or x3 event) I strictly play them PvE until they are fully upgraded. Do do otherwise, is just asking for a beatdown.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Sorry, but a battlerating system wouldnt work here, because it will still be the exact same as it is in WT. You can have mid level BF109s fight Cold War era jets. Is that balanced? not in the slightest.

Having an upgraded Fuso is a bad example. When i got it after OBT, sure, i was a bit shocked at the low range at first (played in CAT and CBT, and it always had 22km range before new hulls were implemented), but i made it work. I still "rekt" many a ships just by using the terrain to my advantage, and getting in close before they realized, and with those 12 356mm, its like a shooting gallery. Everything was blown away, even destroyers**

Anyway, with a battlerating system, things wont be any different. WTs BR system works in that a 5.7 can see anything up to 7.0 which is essentially the exact same as we have now, a tier 5 can see tier 7s, and in rare cases, tier 8s. Its just something we have to live with, even though the 3 tier gap shouldnt exist at this point. The 20 rank system worked better in WT, which would comparatively be a tier 6 will only fight up to tier 7 here, but that would limit the MM very heavily, and you will end up waiting up to 5 minutes for a match, which none of us want.

**Dont see how people complain about not being able to kill DDs in a BB.... its really not that difficult. A Tirpitz is the most inaccurate BB at tier 8, yet i took on a Mahan and 2 Fubukis and won with only taking one torpedo. Doing it in a Fuso is even easier, possibly the easiest BB v DD fight imaginable. Granted, they were a bit idiotic and decided to all get within 5km of me.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

I can bet he doesnt lol. MM is a common factor in any online game, its just one of those things we all have to swallow [bow chicka bow wow] and just deal with.

Although, again, the 3 tier gap should be none existent. Thats the only gripe i have with the MM so far, nothing worse than meeting a Yamato and Montana in a stock Nagato (i had a really bad time T.T). Hell, i was perfectly happy running into tier 6 matches with a stock Myogi, or tier 5 matches with the Kawachi, it just meant i had to change up how i play, which gave me a challenge, and made it more fun. 3 tiers, is not so fun.

Sign in to follow this