You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
unknownaussie

Halloween

69 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

We do not really care about Halloween itself. We care more about gift codes, special discounts... 
GOOOOSH!!!!!!! I still want that Fujin badly!
z7Iq5su.gif

Please Vadim-sama... Please Conana-sama... 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

We do not really care about Halloween itself. We care more about gift codes, special discounts... 

I don't, atleast not atm, I care more about game balance and content. :P

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Australia celebrating Halloween is a bit like citizens of a South American country dressing up for Anzac day.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Found this on NA:

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/1378/

FYI ASIA, halloween is my FAVOURITE celebration of the year, because I get the opportunity to just relax and celebrate everything spooky.

The paint on the Fujin is amazing, and worth buying, just for the look.

At the end of the day, you either offer something for sale, and you make SOME money, or you don't offer something for sale AND YOU MAKE NO MONEY. Marketing and sales 101.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN. WG you just got tricked.

I would have bought one.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Australia celebrating Halloween is a bit like citizens of a South American country dressing up for Anzac day.

Canada, NZ, UK, Australia, USA, Puerto Rico, Ireland celebrate it, and it is the day of the dead in Mexico. It's the most fun celebration in the Julien.

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

Im just happy to drink a bottle of Jack or Jameson and sink some Yankee ships lol though something would be nice, a ship event, giveaway codes, discounts, something. 

Halloween isnt just an American or UK thing, its celebrated by some over here as well. Hypothetically, ts like if us Aussies and Kiwis started up this world wide phenomenon game, and completely ignored Chinese New Year. How would you feel then? youd feel the same way because YOUR celebration is being brushed off like it doesnt exist. Of course doing the same for Halloween will perk up some of us who actually consider it a celebration.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Canada, NZ, UK, Australia, USA, Puerto Rico, Ireland celebrate it, and it is the day of the dead in Mexico. It's the most fun celebration in the Julien.

Some young kids here celebrate it, but do they know anything more than dressing up and going door to door looking for lollies?

My point being: are they aware of it's origins and the meaning of halloween?

Super Tester
509 posts

Some young kids here celebrate it, but do they know anything more than dressing up and going door to door looking for lollies?

We used to just use it as an excuse to throw rotten eggs at peoples homes and TP stuff. Couldnt care less about the candy =P

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,122 battles

We don't celebrate it here.  Some stores make some money out of it and some kids who have had their mind poisoned by 'Murica wander around looking for free lollies.

Im sure no one can point me in the direction of any relevance to Australia?

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Go ask some kids what Christmas is. They ain't gonna give 2 sh!$s about jesus. Show us the presents.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Go ask some kids what Christmas is. They ain't gonna give 2 sh!$s about jesus. Show us the presents.

Correct, and it seems that peeps here are looking for halloween presents.

406 posts
6,287 battles

We don't celebrate it here.  Some stores make some money out of it and some kids who have had their mind poisoned by 'Murica wander around looking for free lollies.

Im sure no one can point me in the direction of any relevance to Australia?

Aus is part of the Commonwealth, Halloween is an English holiday that spread to the US when it was an English Colony, therefore Australia (and NZ) also  celebrate Halloween.

And by Celebrate I mean: Drink alcohol and perv at women in revealing costumes.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

"We don't celebrate it here!"

Hmm, I wonder then when we are getting those Chinese festival's celebration. Or Taiwan-related. Or Australia-related. Or Singapore-related.

Gimme a break. Don't lie, it is just that they don't think it's profitable (Enough) or even bothered to care about here.

At least that's honesty and I can understand that. Of course we are still unhappy, but hey at least a "Honest" answer and admitting stuff is always better than finding some laughable excuses.

Also, if we don't celebrate here, surely there's some compensation, right?

Nope.

Edited by Alvin1020

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

What sense of self-entitlement.

Asia in general does not celebrate Halloween. Full stop. Halloween is just something that businesses in the region use to offer discounts to people, and for us to drink (more) and ogle at cosplayers. It's not even a big event in Australia.

When we have our events, we'll get our events.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

If no one don't speak out, no one gonna even bother to mention it. Especially with the influx of the hipster blues.

I will happily take all the stick.

AiWLDcA.jpg

Edited by Alvin1020