You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Hooray! USN Torpedo Buff

26 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

So get a load of this folks, torpedo ranges have been buffed according to the testers (Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/3qkd1k/usn_dd_torpedo_changes/?ref=share&ref_source=link)

Yes folks you can now invisi torp from Mahan onwards

Ship   Type Damage Range(km) Speed(kn)
Farragut (VI) Stock Mk 11 11733 5.5 56

Mk 12 11733 6.4 64
Mahan (VII) Stock Mk 12 11733 6.4 64
   Top Mk 15 mod 0 11600 9.2 55
Benson (VII) Stock Mk 15 mod 0 11600 9.2 55
   Top Mk 15 mod 3 16633 9.2 55
Fletcher (IX) Stock Mk 15 mod 3 16633 9.2 55
   Top Mk 16 mod 1 19033 10.5 66

280 posts
3,514 battles

Hell Yeah !! US DDs Will Torp all JAPANESE ,Russians and Jerry's armor!. Still Cant Wait FO DAT ---------- Note! USN DD's Torps Might Be Short In Range BUT!! It will deal more Damage Than the Others ... Wish The Cruiser Torps Get an Upgrade Too

Inappropriate abbreviation. Post edited, user already warned.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Hell Yeah !! US DDs Will Torp all JAPANESE ,Russians and Jerry's armor!. Still Cant Wait FO DAT ---------- Note! USN DD's Torps Might Be Short In Range BUT!! It will deal more Damage Than the Others ... Wish The Cruiser Torps Get an Upgrade Too

A. IJN torpedoes still do the most damage.

B. USN Cruiser do not have torpedo after the Omaha.

Quote updated.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

280 posts
3,514 battles

i dont think torps have different damages because torps still can sink ships right? but the german torps can pierce the armor a little and explodes then does a whole flock of damage like the others ... Still they differ the torp's size?

think that japanese torps are OP or not because i dont know japanese torps      SINK YOU LATER MATEYS!!

Inappropriate abbreviations. Post edited, user warned. Players are reminded of appropriate abbreviations as per this announcement.

~Syanda

Edited by Syanda

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

A little buff to torpedoes...with a fatal nerf to torpedoes? Uh...

Smoke wasn't touched.

Destroyers were actually made stronger indirectly by patch 0.5.1.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Smoke wasn't touched.

Yeap, USN role as gunboats are over and now they take the middle ground between IJN and Russia in terms of guns and torps

Beta Tester
404 posts
1,148 battles

Smoke wasn't touched.

Two charges of Hydroacoustic Search are available for ALL ships.

now Every Single enemy have 2-3 hydro search to disable your smoke indirectly

even CV can do it

on top of that, hydro search would further lower the torpedo hit rate

gunboat DD also suffer from it as they can't fire invisibly anymore

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Two charges of Hydroacoustic Search are available for ALL ships.

now Every Single enemy have 2-3 hydro search to disable your smoke indirectly

even CV can do it

on top of that, hydro search would further lower the torpedo hit rate

gunboat DD also suffer from it as they can't fire invisibly anymore

I would love to see Cruiser put the Hydro instead of AA skill and get slaughter by CV :D:D:D

And i going to consider to put the Hydro in my Russian DD much easier to spot IJN and able to counter when they put up the smoke.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

520 posts
11,127 battles

Ahhh... finally.... atleast the Mahan will not suck as much:)

lol.... i was wrong.... even with the new torps....Mahan Still sucks...... its too slow and cumbersome compared to the Farragut and Benson.    Torpedo buff on Mahan.... just doesnt cut it.:)

Super Tester
1,310 posts

lol.... i was wrong.... even with the new torps....Mahan Still sucks...... its too slow and cumbersome compared to the Farragut and Benson.    Torpedo buff on Mahan.... just doesnt cut it.:)

55 knot is slow? ya its slow compared to the fletcher top/gearing torp.

but let see 

they say that IJN torp is OP? mutsuki top/hatsu base has 59 knots, 15 kilos fubuki top/kagero base only has 57 knot. . . . hmmm

u just need to get used to it...

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Oh, lol...i was referring to the ship "Mahan" ... not the Torps.  Im used to ship speeds of 36 and up.

oh lol.. my misunderstanding...

well fubuki is at the same league in term of speed

35 knots. fubuki got even worst turning radius (640m) lol... but well 15kilos torp does redem for it

i think kagero has 35knots of so before the patch.

now its the stock hull that has 35 knots 4sec rudder time. upgraded hull upgrade gives her 36.8 knot (if my memory correct, she doesnt get improved speed in hull upgrade before the patch. only improved rudder shift time. does kagero got ninja buff of soemthing?)

Edited by ReNation

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

I care to strongly disagree, the new Mahan and its B hull + long range torps has been fantastic for me. The new B hull is the "balanced" hull, with 4 Oerlikons 20mm guns and the 5 DP main battery guns, which returns it a 25% increase in firepower to the previous Mahan. It still has the option for the C hull with the two pairs of 40mm Bofors for enhances AA defence, but as a DD your AA is never going to match up to a CA/CL's AA so I like retaining my guns if possible. AA with the B hull is sufficient for self defence.

I can now face Kievs and other DD's in close in knifefights with a little more confidence as 5 guns vs 6 is much better odds when you take RoF and turret traverse into account than 4 vs 6.

Torpedos with their 9.2km range are nice as my main kill method with these was to fire a whole salvo at unsuspecting (While I'm not spotted) targets round corners - now I can do this on open water at busy Cruisers and Battleships and score a decent amount of hits