Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tossle

US cruisers more aggressive than German cruisers.

28 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,660 battles

Ive noticed that mid tier US cruisers have more turrets in bow of ship so good for attack, whereas mid tier German cruisers have more turrets in the stern so good for running away.

37 posts
3,507 battles

The tactics of the German cruiser was in the initial aggression of the enemy and retreat to their battleships.
Therefore
turrets their  so located. :)

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

I simply thought harsh North Sea/Atlantic conditions the Germans expected to operate in meant having ships that were too front heavy weren't  the most ideal, who knows :amazed:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Yeap that's why I always run away with my Myogi...

Run right at them and knife fight DDs. :hiding:

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

American cruisers (and really, American ships in general) kind of need to be aggressive, given how awful their firing trajectories are. This is further accentuated by having the bulk of their firepower in the front.

37 posts
3,507 battles

Yeap that's why I always run away with my Myogi...

Run right at them and knife fight DDs. :hiding:

Tactics and strategy of naval battles in the North Sea and the Pacific Ocean is very different!
Therefore, "Myogi" was never built.
And from this position turrets abandoned Japanese engineers.
As with "Izumo" :)
Edited by Matsuo_Base

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Tactics and strategy of naval battles in the North Sea and the Pacific Ocean is very different!
Therefore, "Myogi" was never built.
And from this position turrets abandoned Japanese engineers.
As with "Izumo" 

Yeah but my basic tactics and strategies for all ships involve either being close or being closer to the enemy...

It's a game after all and I'm not trying to obliterate the british naval presence in the north sea.... yet.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

It's a game after all and I'm not trying to obliterate the british naval presence in the north sea.... yet.

Only because there's nothing for you to obliterate...yet. Even the Warspite is rare.

#bringtheRN

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Only because there's nothing for you to obliterate...yet. Even the Warspite is rare.

#bringtheRN

Yes, I was talking about the in-game british navy. :hiding:

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Telling Pencil-colas and higher tiers USN Cruiser to be aggressive is a bit misleading. :sceptic:

Sure their arc don't suit enagement >15km, but anything under 12km is managable. Desirably 10-15km.

Their armor isn't all that better than the gigantic IJN Citadel city in higher tiers. (Or really, any tier, just that under Tier 6 you can make it work via angling).

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Another surrender joke?

Also the French ships had all their guns mounted on the rear decks.....

Comon, the French have surely made up for their bad record through their Navy? Refusing to surrender at Dakar and Algiers...

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,179 battles

The tactics of the German cruiser was in the initial aggression of the enemy and retreat to their battleships.
Therefore
turrets their  so located. :)

Source please?

I believe this is rubbish.

I simply thought harsh North Sea/Atlantic conditions the Germans expected to operate in meant having ships that were too front heavy weren't  the most ideal, who knows :amazed:

This is incorrect.

Mounting more turrets in front doesn't make a ship front heavy. A lot more contributes to a ships seaworthiness and operational capability in bad weather than just the positioning of the turrets.

Ships that have a AB/X layout can be just as offensively capable in poor weather as ships with A/XY or AB/XY (or in the case of the German ships Anton, Bruno, Caesar and Dora turrets)

Tee

Sign in to follow this