You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hawkz_

HMAS Australia

12 comments in this topic

8 posts

so, i was thinking. Australia had some nice ships during WW2. and then i thought, How Great would it be to get one in WOWS!

The HMAS Australia was a county class heavy cruiser of the RAN, one of two that we owned. it entered service in 1928 and served right through WW2 leading many British, US, NZ and Australian divisions, she mounted an impressive 8 x 8-inch gun armament (4 twin turrets), 4 x 4-inch anti air guns, 4 x 2 pounder pom poms, 16 x .303 mg's 2 x quadruple 21-inch torpedo tube sets and 4 x 3 pound saluting guns. she had a top speed of 31 knots and had a catapult for aircraft. this ship was not only beautiful but very powerful being the flagship of the RAN and being a division leader for many Pacific Divisions. with 10 battle honors to her name she was one fighting machine. (may i add her guns had a 28 km range) :). this Aussie beauty survived multiple kamikaze attacks which falied to stop her.

I think the Devs should take into great consideration of how famous this ship is for Australia's naval history and strongly think about adding her as a Premium ship under the Royal Navy tree! this ship would add a great amount of class to the British line although of course keeping its Australian Vibe. there are many Australian players that would love to see this ship in game and a lot of foreigners would to after looking at her! this ship display's great fire power and looks to any mans fleet. this ship should definitely be added in to the game.

so i ask that everyone spread the word around about this Great Idea and help get this Piece of History going!!!!!   

1594847.jpg

HMAS_Australia_g12107.jpg

HMAS_Australia_Kamikaze_damage_IWM_A_29381.jpg

Edited by Hawkz_

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

As a kiwi, and as much as this idea would still be awesome (in ANZAC spirit :) ) I got to say realistically WG isn't going to implement it anytime soon

Why? Given how the NA market spends more per player and how much bigger it is to SEA server, they still haven't made (heck not even the Marblehead, the prem USN Omaha, yet they have the Murmansk for the Soviets) more US navy premiums, so I highly doubt they are going to do it for us unfortunately. They are going to release the Polish Destroyer and Russian Dreadnought soonish as these ships are being tested atm and they appear to be catering for the EU/RU servers :P 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

As a kiwi, and as much as this idea would still be awesome (in ANZAC spirit :) ) I got to say realistically WG isn't going to implement it anytime soon

Why? Given how the NA market spends more per player and how much bigger it is to SEA server, they still haven't made (heck not even the Marblehead, the prem USN Omaha, yet they have the Murmansk for the Soviets) more US navy premiums, so I highly doubt they are going to do it for us unfortunately. They are going to release the Polish Destroyer and Russian Dreadnought soonish as these ships are being tested atm and they appear to be catering for the EU/RU servers :P 

@Blitz you do know HMS New Zealand? HMS Achilles?

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Yeah I do know them, both having rather good careers compared to their fellow RN sister ships (especially Indefatigable, sister ship of HMS New Zealand at Jutland)

And the famous Achilles that took part in the battle against the Graf Spee :)

(Apologies for my earlier remarks if they came across the wrong way, I do get impatient at waiting for things)

406 posts
6,287 battles

The description of the ship should read thus:

Mate, Mate Mate, time to crack open a stubby and show the Poms how its done mate. HMAS Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie (oi, oi ,oi) under the command of Johno and Vicko (of Task force Mate, 44), Mate, she went out and fought like a beaut, she copped a couple of bouncers, got a bit of claret, but mate, she's bred tough mate.

44 posts

I would get this girl purely for the name lol. Actually im a collector and love when i get out the older stuff and everyone asks where i got her and how she goes, usually right before i die cus im a crap typist...

Alpha Tester
197 posts
2,388 battles

Don't give WG another reason to produce yet another cash-cow to fill their pockets.  They already did that for Australians with the AC1 and AC4 in WoT.

Now the Tribal class destroyers were awesome.