You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PlaneKiller

Russian Destroyers - Most are crap.

82 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
22 posts
2,631 battles

I been playing the Tier 8 Russian Destroyer, and yes, on a one on one with another destroyer she does well, but most smart players in Tier 8 to 10 will not be caught alone. Against cruisers, very little chance, as they have at that tier enough turrets to stagger fire, and it just takes one shell to crit you. Your are visible to most and your 8 km torps are almost impossible to land since you have to launch inside your visibility.

Also your damage is minimal in most battles, meaning you dont get much exp, have high repair bills and do not contribute to the teams victory much.

sure once in a while you get a idiot enemy DD that ventures close to you, but most smart enemy players will use their better concealment to avoid you.

This combined with that you pretty much a bomber plane magnet makes this ship in most battles very non enjoyable. Seems to be confirmed by many others, as there almost no russian destroyers in the matches. The original gun boat role for them was fine, but they nerfed them to much,

At tier 8 they need to

Increase Gun range by 2 km

Increase Torp range by 2 km to 10

Increase AA fire by a few points.

She would still be the worst torp ship, but at least have a chance to use them, and she would be able to fire as she was designed, as a gun boat.

Anyway, I do not recommend this ship until they buff it somehow.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

She generally doesn't do well as a lone wolf.

Give it a try in support of the fleet when the enemy must decide who to shoot.

[PATEN]
394 posts
3,646 battles

She looks like CL support more than DD so , go with the fleet and help team with some extra firepower.

Edited by TheAzure

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Got invisi fired on by a Kiev (a pair actually) while in my Cleveland the other day, suffice to say I did not survive the encounter as I couldn't get away in time, couldn't spot them in the smokescreen with my spotter plane  and burned down

Edited by Blitzkreig95

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

So therefore folks, lesson learnt - Never ever because of "Hype" and spend all your $$$ and Free XP on new ships.

Always Always wait for review.

If you ever check their hidden stats, the soviet DDs have 2km more detection after firing compared to the other two lines.

Because reasons!

DDs are super OP so why not make them sit at 15km away "Supporting" your team!

Yes man, this is how we play "Gunboat" DDs in WoWs! That will work! :D

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

But hey, 2km more detection on soviet DDs!!

Now they can't invisi-fire anymore! Not OP anymore! Their torps are also 3km! Their detection range are also super huge for some reason!

Incoming buffs soon because of reasons.

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

I think they are going for the middleground with the USN DDs.

Okay guns. Okay torps.

IJN DD gets objectively bad guns but objectively good torps.

Soviet DD gets objectively good guns but objectively bad torps.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Not with the upcoming USN buffs.

Oh, and that IJN CV buff.

Except that it only affects high-tier USN destroyers...

Beta Tester
3,033 posts
1,487 battles

It starts at the Farragut, which should have a buff since forever.

Mahan comes after, and needs a buff as well. Now Mahan gets 9km torps which is better than what they have right now. 

Two of the worse grinds are cancelled. 

And it's funny that you say high tier because the Clemson and the Nicholas are pretty good for their tier, not Isokaze or Minekaze tier, but still amazing.

724 posts
2,179 battles

What about the baby Kitakami Derpski? (forgot its name k dun hate) Yeah granted the torp range is only 3km, but you can spam them at BB's when you're in range,they're going to have a tough time trying to dodge your torpedoes.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Got invisi fired on by a Kiev (a pair actually) while in my Cleveland the other day, suffice to say I did not survive the encounter as I couldn't get away in time, couldn't spot them in the smokescreen with my spotter plane  and burned down

Sound Familiar :D:D:D

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,456 battles

Testify! No effective torpedo range, ok so u play them gunboat style like the USN dd's, but they also have pathetic turrent traverse.

Whats the point? Is there a different playstyle there?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Testify! No effective torpedo range, ok so u play them gunboat style like the USN dd's, but they also have pathetic turrent traverse.

Not so different playstyle i guess but they are more suitable for gun boat style because

- Bigger Caliber Gun: with 130mm you actually have more chance to set fire on enemy ship + more Dmg per salvo, AP shell are more effective I actually able to citadel Myoko at 2-3km.

- Faster Shell Velocity: Much easier to engage long range target compare to USN DD.

- Greater Speed: Can actually sail around 37knt for most of the tech tree, much easier to keep the distance from you target and avoid the tricky situation.

- More HP: able to take more punishment (But Detonation is real so don't try to tank with your DD lol)

Well that should cover most of the point.

PS. dont trust me ? check my DD stats then. 

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,416 battles

You should have your guns turned and aimed on the target / according your movement

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Turn the ship, not the guns.

Beta Tester
93 posts
2,456 battles

I am well aware of the benefit of ctrl-x. Dont think this is as helpful at close ranges. At close range u need to manoeuvre too much. With the USN dds at least u could fire and manoeuvre at the same time. This is what im finding difficulty in doing with the soviet dds.