Sign in to follow this  
Fadhz

A General guide to Cruisers

3 comments in this topic

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

Hello fellow seamans etc, so today I will be making a guide on how to play cruisers In general . And how to be efficient in playing them

ROLES

Cruisers generally have several basic roles which as follows:

> DD Hunting , protecting ships like BB's and CV's against a DD strike

> Cruiser vs Cruiser action , aka engaging enemy cruisers . Also serves to protect BB's and CV's from that HE shell rail that cruisers can do on them.

> Gunfire support. Help your teammates if they have difficulty engaging a target by providing gunfire support 

> AA cover ( Cruisers tier 6 and above). Though this may vary from each line , try as best as possible to provide AA cover for your team and ships like BB's

> BB Hunting. Not really recommended if you go solo vs a BB unless you got guts  ( like me lol) and if your ship has torps which helps . But generally wolfpack and coordinate  with other ships ( which could be any type like a DD, other cruisers , BB's ,CV's ).

Understanding these roles will make your Cruiser gameplay much more efficient , and also beneficial to the team In general . Though if you cant master like all of them its still okay, if you are good in one or two roles thats already good and will be beneficial to the team.

GAMEPLAY

As a cruiser make the most use out of your guns as they have a higher ROF than BB's and generally more damage than a DD's guns to pound shells after shells to the enemy, use your speed to go in the action zone quickly to help your teammates and engage ships that are coming your way. Maneuvering in a cruiser is a bug MUST since by maneuvering you are reducing the chances of enemy shells from hitting you . Dont always go broadsides at a enemy , maneuver a bit to distract them.

As for shell types the general rules are as follows:

AP for Cruiser vs Cruiser action ( except cruisers like the Atlanta etc which has a slow shell travel time and guns bellow 155mm. Though for each ship its different, experiment with them and see which works out the best for guns 155mm and lower ). With AP you can score citadel hits which is nasty against other Cruisers, and can cripple their HP pool with ease. Especially if a cruiser presents its broadside, thats a sweet spot for citadel hits . Aim for the center part and the forward aft gun magazines on the ship.

HE for BB's and DD's. For DD's HE is necessary since with AP in most cases will overpen. And for BB's AP will not pen their Armour effectively . And that fire dmg is insane currently so make the most out of it when dealing DD's and BB's 

CV's both shell types can do. AP can cause citadels and drain their HP pool fast while HE fires can disable their flight deck.

As for ships with torps, depending on the torp type and range. Use them sparingly to set up ambushes or to take down bigger capital ships. Or just fire them off in desperate situations where your HP is low hoping to get at least 1 kill in return.

And remember, don't play PASSIVELY  especially with ships with long ranges. Go forward and be active in helping your team , don't just stay in the back while giving shell fire. Go forward with your team , and focus fire on one ship at a time if possible.

COMMANDER SKILLS.

For cruisers Heres the recommended skills that you should take, note dont always follow the ones I used try toe xperiment and see what is eventually the best for you

1. BFT and Repairs  

2. Expert marksman and Torpedo armament expertise   

3. High alert and Superintendent

4. Advance Firing training

5. (optional, since for cruisers getting skills up to the 4th tier is already enough . But these 5th tier skills could help too ). Jack of all trades

CONCLUSION

As a cruiser captain,. be active in your team. Dont go passive and instead help your team first hand , move together with your team to get maximum efficiency. And remember maneuvering and shell selection is also important to be good in your game. That is all and I hope this guide will be useful for cruiser players out there. Cheers!

1,230 posts
2,418 battles

Lel, I play cruiser,I sux at dd I suck at bb I suck at CV, i suck at warships

A tip if u 1one 1 a bb

Go in, head on and spam HE

Make sure he is broadsiding u

Maneuver and evade shells

Then, go I'm to about 5km

If u have torps, set them loose, then flank it go to the other side, and spam he

While that bb main turret is still in the other side

If u can do this =profit

I don't)t recommend to 1on1 against bb tho

Only if u have to

Edited by Conkhead_12

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

Lel, I play cruiser,I sux at dd I suck at bb I suck at CV, i suck at warships

A tip if u 1one 1 a bb

Go in, head on and spam HE

Make sure he is broadsiding u

Maneuver and evade shells

Then, go I'm to about 5km

If u have torps, set them loose, then flank it go to the other side, and spam he

While that bb main turret is still in the other side

If u can do this =profit

I don't)t recommend to 1on1 against bb tho

Only if u have to

Lol true that, when 1 vs 1 ing a BB . Always take on account the risks and be ready to face that risk when things go wrong 

Sign in to follow this