Sign in to follow this  
jchen8792

Need help! The router redirect problem!

4 comments in this topic

423 posts
3,175 battles

Hello fellow captain, I got some real real serious issue with my connection and all my search along the Google didn't help much...

It's been for a week now, that everytime I try to connect to the Internet by the default Google homepage, that I automatically sent into the Router page (in my case, the Tenda).

I've been contacting the ISP, and they said it is due to the, well, Wifi Router problem.

But the thing is, it is not always, only occasionally and contrary to that, the wifi is still working...

And I've tried all I can: reset the wifi router, repair the connection and it doesn't change anything. The connection via direct cable still fuzzy...

And therefore I cannot post in the forum regularly, for everytime I tried to connect to the forum, it is said "Connection problem". And the Google page just redirected into Router page...

I am very confused, and I'd love anyone here to help. Maybe it's on the wrong section, and if it is, please move. I am using the very last minute of connection to call for help.

Thank you very much,

Cmdr. Chen

Edited by jchen8792

406 posts
6,287 battles

Hello fellow captain, I got some real real serious issue with my connection and all my search along the Google didn't help much...

It's been for a week now, that everytime I try to connect to the Internet by the default Google homepage, that I automatically sent into the Router page (in my case, the Tenda).

I've been contacting the ISP, and they said it is due to the, well, Wifi Router problem.

But the thing is, it is not always, only occasionally and contrary to that, the wifi is still working...

And I've tried all I can: reset the wifi router, repair the connection and it doesn't change anything. The connection via direct cable still fuzzy...

And therefore I cannot post in the forum regularly, for everytime I tried to connect to the forum, it is said "Connection problem". And the Google page just redirected into Router page...

I am very confused, and I'd love anyone here to help. Maybe it's on the wrong section, and if it is, please move. I am using the very last minute of connection to call for help.

Thank you very much,

Cmdr. Chen

At a guess (my day job is a Sysadmin) - I would say the Router has a redirection feature - this is typically used so that when the router detects that it has no internet connection, it re-directs you to the router login page (regardless of what site you try and browse to) the theory here is that the router isn't configured and needs to be setup.

If your WiFi is working fine - then I would suggest your actual internet connection is dropping - what technology do you use (Fibre, Cable, HFC, ADSL, VDSL, IPoAC....) what is the model of your router - there is probably a way to determine if it has this feature and turn it off. Once off, you can determine if your internet connection is dropping (that is causing the issue)

On a last night - next time this happens fire up a command prompt (instructions here: https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=open+command+prompt&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=F7wmVtWuBcjCmAXXv7vwDw)

and type in ping -t 8.8.8.8 and let me know the results

Sign in to follow this