You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bukey

Which premium ships gives more bang for your buck ?

30 comments in this topic

95 posts
1,563 battles

Heading says it all like to ask from all you vets. of this game if I'm to buy a premium ship which one is the best to go for ?

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Probably Murmansk. It's basically the Omaha, but premium.

*And better (Better Torps, Same if not Better AA and the 5 seconds rudder shift time making it essentially destroyer handling)

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Agreed, Murmansk is best value for money, costs a lot cheaper than tier 6 Warspite and more manoeuvrable, has longer range guns and torps and has better AA than Omaha. Very fun ship to play

Irony being the real Murmansk was apparently a rust bucket teeming with rats when the US navy got her back from the Soviets, but hey, the ship makes creds which is what counts :)

8 posts

Of the ships available at the moment the Murmansk. It makes the monies. The Atago is fairly efficient as well and has some buffs coming with 0.5.1. which should make it even more so.

If money (real, not in-game) wasn't the topic, the Tirpitz would have to come out on top. Unfortunately no longer available. But that thing just farms credits.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,798 battles

For BBs if you ever get the chance, The Warspite and Tirpitz are really good (albeit expensive)

For CAs, the Murmansk. Atago is good (Getting buffed according to the 5.1 Dev Notes made public)

For DDs, the Gremyashchy is good and hard hitting. And can train your SN DD Commanders.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

I wouldn't recommend any premium ship as you can earn enough without one. And as in WoT the premium ships will move away from being a credit farmer to being purely for crew training, a complete waste of time itself.

Gold ammo will be introduced here, and it will only cost credits eventually, so any prem ship with an armour advantage will be lost.

I have the tirpitz and it averages 1.7k dmg per entire salvo of AP, per 25 second reload, that's including hitting cruisers and dds. The softest targets are CV's. They announced themselves they nerfed AP to only be effective under 20kms range, so firing HE with your BB is kinda pointless, yet your trying to keep range between you and the enemy.... 

The only really good prem ship that is far and above the others for OPness at it's level is the murmansk. But again, you will only be buying it pretty much for the long term satisfaction of smashing enemy ships with your OPness. It's that good, that the tech tree powercreep is some years away from out performing it with any free ship.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

For BBs if you ever get the chance, The Warspite and Tirpitz are really good (albeit expensive)

For CAs, the Murmansk. Atago is good (Getting buffed according to the 5.1 Dev Notes made public)

For DDs, the Gremyashchy is good and hard hitting. And can train your SN DD Commanders.

Atago mobility buff....Personally I think it's issue is it's poor AA guns, and poor armour.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,798 battles

Atago mobility buff....Personally I think it's issue is it's poor AA guns, and poor armour.

Its getting a Repair Party consumable which helps a little. At tier 8. The only tier 8 CA set to have said ability.

View PostTe_Kraken, on 20 October 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

Gold ammo will be introduced here, and it will only cost credits eventually, so any prem ship with an armour advantage will be lost.

Source? I dont recall ever seeing that.

Also even if Prem Ammo was introduced with higher pen there still exists Overpen (because 10% damage is clearly sought after)

Edited by Deathskyz

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Its getting a Repair Party consumable which helps a little. At tier 8. The only tier 8 CA set to have said ability.

Source? I dont recall ever seeing that.

Also even if Prem Ammo was introduced with higher pen there still exists Overpen (because 10% damage is clearly sought after)

the source is my logic. I can't see there only being two ammo types for much longer. And gold ammo generates income for the hard working devs. 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,798 battles

the source is my logic. I can't see there only being two ammo types for much longer. And gold ammo generates income for the hard working devs. 

IIRC devs arent planning on Gold Ammo unlike WoT (Where there was premium ammunition sicen Alpha)

How would Gold Ammo work in WoWS anyways? Higher pen shells doesnt work in Ships like it does in Tanks due to overpen.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

since premium ammo in the other titles can be brought for credits instead of gold, how does this generate income for the Devs?

Nothing has been mentioned about bringing in a premium ammo.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

IIRC devs arent planning on Gold Ammo unlike WoT (Where there was premium ammunition sicen Alpha)

How would Gold Ammo work in WoWS anyways? Higher pen shells doesnt work in Ships like it does in Tanks due to overpen.

I think the current premium consumables and camo will work fine for now in terms of gold spending - highly likely they will introduce custom flags and ship paintings for gold like the custom emblems on WoT

Super Tester
1,310 posts

we already have premium consumable.

but not in shape of ammo.

look at premium repair party. premium scout/fighter for BB/CA. premium damage control. premium barage. and premium sonar.

all of em gives faster reload/cooldown time.

which is imo. not really hinder the gameplay to become pay to win.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

since premium ammo in the other titles can be brought for credits instead of gold, how does this generate income for the Devs?

Nothing has been mentioned about bringing in a premium ammo.

Oh I thought they sold credit packages in the store. 

This is how the economy of WoT works: If people are burning game credits OR actual gold to buy various things, such as consumables, ammo etc, then there becomes a deficit in their account, that they may need to refill quickly, so they may buy either a premium tank to try and farm said deficit in the form of credits, or straight out purchase credits and or gold from the in game store. Not to mention that purchasing a premium account will also bolster your earnings of credits.

I can't belieb I had to explain that to you.

Either way, if they use it, in some form, they spend IRL. Unless they are in a position like a certain group who grind accounts, and dominate the CW and SH to farm gold for free.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

we already have premium consumable.

but not in shape of ammo.

look at premium repair party. premium scout/fighter for BB/CA. premium damage control. premium barage. and premium sonar.

all of em gives faster reload/cooldown time.

which is imo. not really hinder the gameplay to become pay to win.

1) there is no such thing as pay to win, rng fixes that for you. If there was a pay to win system, the only people playing, would all be in exactly the same ship or tank with exactly the same gear set up, and the player population would be very low, making the game a not for profit organisation.

2) premium repair etc, have in tanks too, food, cola, large repair first aid kits, coffee the large kits offer a bonus to protection repair, even if you don't use them.

My point is, the game is kinda boring with only 2 ammo types. And how come there is no such thing as over pen in tanks then?. Why has it become a factor here?. I really don't enjoy firing HE from my BB.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

My point is, the game is kinda boring with only 2 ammo types. And how come there is no such thing as over pen in tanks then?. Why has it become a factor here?. I really don't enjoy firing HE from my BB.

Probably because tanks are small enough that every pen will probably damage something, whether it be the shrapnel from the shell or the solid shell hitting things. Besides in WoT the main issue people have is being able to pen tanks in the first place, while in WoWs its more about completely destroying a ship from top to bottom (fire, hits to the deck, superstructure, turrets etc) or from bottom to top (torpedoes).

But this is an Arcade game, so yeah, everything is about balance, not simulation anyways, lets just be happy and ...."Good Luck and Fair Seas"

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Oh I thought they sold credit packages in the store. 

This is how the economy of WoT works: If people are burning game credits OR actual gold to buy various things, such as consumables, ammo etc, then there becomes a deficit in their account, that they may need to refill quickly, so they may buy either a premium tank to try and farm said deficit in the form of credits, or straight out purchase credits and or gold from the in game store. Not to mention that purchasing a premium account will also bolster your earnings of credits.

I can't belieb I had to explain that to you.

Either way, if they use it, in some form, they spend IRL. Unless they are in a position like a certain group who grind accounts, and dominate the CW and SH to farm gold for free.

you didn't have to explain it to me, I know all this, the point I was making is that you do not have to use gold to buy prem ammo to help the Devs.

At this point, there is no information regarding Prem Ammo in WoWS, and I doubt they will add it.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

You could always try ramming.