Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Snagglepuss

Its here..and I like it-Kiev DD

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
44 posts
695 battles

Call me a joker, call me a fool but I love my Gremy and now she has Tier 7 regular tech tree vessel for the Captain.

Ignore my crap games for now, only played 2 and its not yet fully upgraded.

Lovely guns, I have advanced fire training EDIT:Patch notes indicate serious nerfs- I knew it didnt feel quite the same..................................

Turrets can now keep up with my turning.

Upgrades in screenie.

shot-15.10.19_19.30.43-0362.jpg

shot-15.10.19_19.40.20-0342.jpg

Edited by SmithnWesson

Beta Tester
18 posts
2,141 battles

A good ship but hard to do a lot of damage with the guns, as compared to a Torp focused DD.

Annoys the crap out of others though and really hard to be hit at over 10k.

Alpha Tester
44 posts
695 battles

Just had a game where i died real quick when i came round an island, i expected 1 Kongo but encountered 2..torped one for 35k but of course i died.. but we won!!

davud1537 the only reason I went tier 7 is because of the extra 2 guns, boy do them ships burn up as its a 9% chance of fire using HE.

Guns are 109m dispersion so quite accurate out to 10klm and easy to get multiple hits and start fires.

They are nowhere near the OP everyone's crying about, especially being detected so easily.

It only takes 1 spotter plane or sneaky DD and you can forget invisifire, but this DD is very annoying and provided your team is even semi competent while everyone is shooting at you your team SHOULD be hitting them

Edited by SmithnWesson

[1VK]
Beta Tester
10 posts

Please tell me the Russians get better after tier 5!

I love the Gremy and Murmansk but the way up the destroyer line has been awful.  Not sure what I think of the Gnevny.  It looks like a Gremy but they feel quite different even with the same captain at the wheel.

Please, Please Tell me it gets better!

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Please tell me the Russians get better after tier 5!

I love the Gremy and Murmansk but the way up the destroyer line has been awful.  Not sure what I think of the Gnevny.  It looks like a Gremy but they feel quite different even with the same captain at the wheel.

Please, Please Tell me it gets better!

Tier 6 Ognevoi is the OP DD ever...:izmena:

Super Tester
802 posts

It looks like a Gremy but they feel quite different even with the same captain at the wheel.

The Gremmy is a Gnevny class destroyer. I'd think that explains the aesthetic similarities. 

Beta Tester
18 posts
2,141 battles

I skipped the lower tier DD's and went straight to the Kiev. After reviewing youtube etc I just didn't want to grind crappy DD's as they are hard enough as is and the IJN & US line from tier 6-7 was a nightmare. From what Davud has said Once I've got the Udaloi I might go back and give the Ognevoi a spin.

The Gnevny is just a pale imitation of the Gremy which is a fantastic ship and my go to ship to grind credits and cap skills. Replaced the Minekaze after the nerfs.

The Tier 8 Tashkent, when you upgrade to the 8km Torps, is a very good ship. Far better balanced than the Fubuki and shades the Benson. You melt other DD's silly enough to get in range. The best tier 8 destroyer imo.

Without the upgraded torps it is better to play as a light cruiser and still quite good.  Speed is excellent 46 knots lets you get out of trouble or into trouble depending on how aggressive you play.

Haven't got the Udaloi yet but it looks a cracker and can't wait to give it a spin. The Khabrovsk in comparison doesn't look that much better unlike Fletcher to Gearing and Kagero to Shimakaze.

These ships really benefit from:

Cap skill 2 - Expert marksman (These are gun boats) &

Cap Skill 4 - Advanced Firing training (increase range) otherwise your going to be spotted too easily

I agree with SmithnWesson and don't think any of these ships are OP, just very good if you play them well. But then you can say the same for any ship when you play well.

Beta Tester
18 posts
2,141 battles

To give an example in the Tashkent I just went up against a full health Cleveland at 8km (usually a death sentence in any DD) put six slavos into him, took a little fire (at full speed these things are hard to hit) then popped smoke and melted him in seconds. This thing is going to spoil a lot of cruisers days. 

32 posts
2,644 battles

I just got the T5 Russian DD..

1st game melted a Kuma... big deal no, second ship torpedo'd a New Mexico dead, came round an island enemy CV torpedo him dead turned and ran into a Furutaka, mag'd

its either Feast or famine with these new ships ... but gotta say when I get the hang of it I think im gunna love it.

its like a wart it grows on you till you can get rid of it;-)

Sign in to follow this