Sign in to follow this  
Adonnus

The Zuiho seems terrible?

7 comments in this topic

2 posts
175 battles

Just upgraded from Hosho to Zuiho, was expecting something a little different...first off, why has my 2nd torp squadron been replaced by 2 bombers? What is the point of bombers? Now I can't use my torps effectively cause enemy ships just keep turning and firing AA and you need at least 2 torp squadrons to surround them.

Second my planes are pathetically weak. They are torn to shreds against AA let along enemy fighters. My fighters went up against a squadron of Bogue fighters, both full strength. I lost 4, they lost 0. Come on.

Hosho vs Langley was a little more balanced, even if for some ridiculous reason the US carriers always got 6 planes to 4 and a tighter torpedo spread. Now it seems ridiculous

Super Tester
1,310 posts

zuiho used to be very good.

now its just decent with 1 2 1 (dont compare it with bogue. bogue eats zuiho pretty easy with any loadout). its crap tough with stock load out. (2 inaccurate DB? no thanks) upgrading to 1 2 1 loadout is top priority for zuiho

when i am in my DD got teamed up with zuiho and facing bogue as enemy. i usually try to hunt that bogue asap to help our CV.
getting pas the line of enemy DD and cruiser is real challenge tough

Edited by ReNation

621 posts
2,271 battles

Now, I know I'm a bit late to the conversation, but:

jCgIEUZ.png

4Iwn34A.png

4aVpMcy.png

When facing USN CVs, the Zuiho is indeed lacking. However, when paired up against another Zuiho and played right (Or if enemy aerial supremacy is denied early on) the Zuiho is an absolute beast. Over a hundred thousand damage done in this game, 10 torpedo hits and 4 bomb hits. Zuiho isn't a bad ship; she's very hard to use early on, but once you've got the 1/2/1 loadout and some upgrades, she can become an absolute force of nature.

17 posts
338 battles

- Flying above the warships have good AA and waiting for the opportunity, if necessary, use a dive bomber or fighter aircraft to lure the enemy, trying to drop torpedoes damaging the enemy as much as possible, we have more fleet and we can control better map, remember that

Edited by _Yahagi

Sign in to follow this