Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Takxis

why the outlandish speeds

16 comments in this topic

7 posts
1,235 battles

just looked at the new ships and one thing has jumped out 70knts for ussr torps? why are all the torp speeds  greater than they were historically. the best torp of WW2 was the Japanese Type 93 which hit a max speed of 50knts. i know its an archade game but really!!!

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Also...

I'd like to see people declare "RU BIAS!!!!!111!!!!" :trollface:

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Look at the range of the torpedoes.

The trick now is getting close enough to actually use them.

^This, I killed 2 RU DDs that were sailing towards my Kolberg before they could even launch a single torpedo salvo.

Just gotta now your enemy and know yourself. ;)

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Also...

Hmmm the fact that they have 5 Russian Premiums (either available or testing) the Gremy, the Imperatritsa Mariya? (some WW1 dreadnought), Diana, Murmansk and Aurora over the 1 German and British ships is indicative they want to focus on Russian ships first. Not quite biased in terms of game mechanics, but they do seem to put a lot of work into selling ships to the Russian market. 

Imagine the sales if they focused on expanding into the British Commonwealth appeal (Australia, NZ, UK, Canada)  further with more RN premium ships

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Also...

:izmena: ERMMAGAWD RU BIAS!!!!  :izmena: :hiding:

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

I can still get close enough in my tier 2 russian dd to spam my 9 torps at once.

What this game needs is more torps.

hurr durr I decided to go close to a destroyer... Whatever could possibly happen to me..

OMG TORHPEHDOHS!! MY SHIP DIEDED AND SUNKED!! OMG OP!! WG PLS NERF!!! I NO PAY NO MORE!! NO PLAY GAME ALSO!! PLS NERF!!

So yeah. They deserve it for being THAT close to you. Also its Tier 2. Dont expect super high plays from there...

Edited by Deathskyz

423 posts
3,175 battles

That's what we have to deal with, a lot of fish in the sea. Request Wargaming given the fishing net to cruiser Omaha (B) to get all the fish. They surely looks like the Wizard from Deadliest Catch, abeit a little more machine guns to defend the Russian poarching fishermen from snatching Alaskan crabs :trollface:

Well, then if Wargaming will do it,  I'd tried Mike Rowe voice in every game via TeamSpeaks 3...

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

Anyone so stupidly gets close to ANY torpedo carrying ships deserves a full spread into the face. No quarter given. Espicially more so in BB. 

Don't you learn that YOUR BB and enemy DD at point blank is NEVER A WISE PLACE TO BE?

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Don't you learn that YOUR BB and enemy DD at point blank is NEVER A WISE PLACE TO BE?

It is if you are driving the DD :trollface:

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Anyone so stupidly gets close to ANY torpedo carrying ships deserves a full spread into the face. No quarter given. Espicially more so in BB. 

i always go DD hunting in my BBB esp. in the Fuso and Kongo. I probably should stop doing that in Nagato though. But I got no choice at times. 

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Talking from the BB perspective

Yes, at 18-21kt top speed I'm entirely able to control how close a DD gets to me, especially one I've not spotted outside 6-7km.

:sceptic:

If a DD does close on me, fair enough they've probably had to make it through my team (which isn't always that hard as CAs and DDs frequently YOLO and die uselessly), but to suggest it's MY fault or there's a lot I can do about it is plainly silly.

Edited by Steeltrap

Sign in to follow this