Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pipja

Report team killers

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
5 posts
383 battles

Please add an option to report team killers.

Today an Omaha purposefully attacked teammate CV and we had to open fire on him to kill him. He managed to halved the health of our CV before getting killed.

10 posts
163 battles

I know wrong topic but this seems to be the most active conversation! I need Help!  

It's with accessing my game, first time and haven't got the right server and i can not connect. Here was my original post..... 

How do you get the Asian server, i haven't been able to access my game. First time playing it too, 30 mins i spent trying to fiddle around with my account seeing if i have done something wrong? Also i use windows 10 and I have  good internet connection speed. Yet the server is WOWS_NS? Not WOW_Asia on the connection page to access the game. Yes i have been trying over and over to see if my password is wrong. I have change it so two times.

Please community i need a little bit of World of Warships in my life, it would be great because i want to play!  

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

I know wrong topic but this seems to be the most active conversation! I need Help!  

It's with accessing my game, first time and haven't got the right server and i can not connect. Here was my original post..... 

How do you get the Asian server, i haven't been able to access my game. First time playing it too, 30 mins i spent trying to fiddle around with my account seeing if i have done something wrong? Also i use windows 10 and I have  good internet connection speed. Yet the server is WOWS_NS? Not WOW_Asia on the connection page to access the game. Yes i have been trying over and over to see if my password is wrong. I have change it so two times.

Please community i need a little bit of World of Warships in my life, it would be great because i want to play!  

Install Asia server and your'e done

Alpha Tester
5 posts
383 battles

Reporting teamkillers is nothing more than a placebo effect as it is all automated. 

well, there are times when you accidently kill a teammate (torps don't have eyes, and your teammates don't either) and times when a fktard wants to ruin everyone's day. The latter should be perma banned.

10 posts

I don't think this "automated system" is gonna work. Well, picture this:

Scenario 1: Match starts, at base, someone deliberately fires torps in a direction of a friendly ship moving, hence killing it. Once that ship was destroyed, he exploded too (and hopefully get a Pink name). Ok fair enough, he's out of the game and can't do any more crap.

Scenario 2: Match starts, at base, someone doesn't fire a full salvo of torps, but SHOOTS at friendly ships. They are damaged, he's damaged. But he's not out of the game. Teammates tried to warn him. He stops. Or so you thought. 5-7 mins into the game, he said in chat: "Well, I'll make it game over for you now!", and then proceeds to torp the ship sailing closest to him. Well, it's a battle, he's not to blame, he doesn't take damage now.

After killing 1 friendly ship (which the "Automated System" that you spoke of, saw this as accidental damage), he sails to our CV, torps our CV, boom. 2 ships down. He doesn't get any punishment, cos the game sees this as accidental torping. He went on and killed 4 of our ships that way, including me. And nothing happened to him.

=> Now, tell me if this system is working. The killer got away if he does it in the middle of the match, in the midst of combat so noone can blame him. What can WG do about it?

I've had that kind of stuff happenning a lot to me, and no option to report, and some games later I still see the killer again, no pink name. Needless to say, how pissed off I was, eh.

Moreover, I'm curious, what does the Pink name do the that player? Cos he doesn't get banned, no. He's still happily playing in games, and continously killing teammates again. So that Pink status is pretty much just for show, isn't it? Useless.

On a side note, if I have screenshots, who then can I message, or send screenshots for such deliberate team killing? And I have to do this on the forum? Find someone with "Moderator" tag?

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I've written how a proper system designed to stamp out TK/excessive team damage might work, and then a whole lot of people wanted to make exceptions as though how you TK someone matters to the person who just died.

THAT sort of thinking will NEVER stop the behaviour.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

I'm with Steeltrap, if you TK, you are banned, accidental or not.

From the sounds of things, the auto system is not working right, so next ST session, I will get some testers and experiment. If it's broken, I can get it passed up the chain.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

I'm with Steeltrap, if you TK, you are banned, accidental or not.

From the sounds of things, the auto system is not working right, so next ST session, I will get some testers and experiment. If it's broken, I can get it passed up the chain.

IF it isn't designed to do as some of us have discussed at length, tell them to grow a pair and design it properly. 

Make sure to include CORRECT compensation for damage, too.

Put simply, they need to ask themselves "If I experienced this sanction (whatever it is) would it stop me from risking TK/doing significant team damage thereafter?". If the answer is anything other than a resounding "YES", they've not designed it properly.

I'd happily write it up in the 'suggestions' section if I could be given to believe it's anything other than a complete waste of time.

Edited by Steeltrap

Sign in to follow this