Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
daniel98

Maintaning WR In WOWS.

88 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
372 posts
715 battles

Throughout my play time in WOWs I find out is really really hard to maintain the WR not only for me but others as well. My WR is only 48% that is quite bad some player are even 46-47% I mean if players kept losing dont you guys think they would quit and got frustrated I wanted to make this topic few months ago and play through but it seems to get worst so i decided to make it out and hear you guys opinion.

Super Tester
509 posts

I started at 60% for ages then I got smashed by non stop losses to about 47-8 now I seem to have dragged my bum up to 50% again.

Might be easier to keep win rate up high with divisions but I play mostly solo as its easier that way with my schedule.

Looking at my 18%winrate from yesterday I bet I drop under 50% again soon. So many fail teams. I was at 70% a day back. It feels really random if your on a winning or losing streak.

Edited by Vyviel

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

It's not hard to maintain WR...

It won't unless you get a sudden defeat streak for no reasons that will be the day that most players hate it. <---- Happened to me before :great:

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Depends what you play and how you play it.

Depends also if solo or div.

And then there's the luck of the MM; it's far harder to maintain win rate if you're constantly playing bottom tier, and only 1-3 of that tier in the battle.

Edited by Steeltrap

Super Tester
509 posts

Lol look at my chart you can see when I just kept losing over and over and over till I nearly went insane.

Its starting to drop again. Boom and bust. Whats funny is my other stats all stay the same or improve. Damage dealt. KDR etc.

chart.jpg

Edited by Vyviel

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Lol look at my chart you can see when I just kept losing over and over and over till I nearly went insane.

Its starting to drop again. Boom and bust. Whats funny is my other stats all stay the same or improve. Damage dealt. KDR etc.

chart.jpg

Someone save my eyes the blurish...ahhhhhh

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

I play for fun

You should be careful with how you P4fun...

Everyone play for fun, but some in the sense of playing for fun no matter how it will affect the team.

Play for fun should be based on not affecting your team in the first place.

Edited by Alvin1020

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

P4fun and Play for fun is different.

The First P4Fun is that you don't care about anything, you just want to have a lol.

I don't mind this as long as you don't affect the others. Say I want to KV-2 un-aimed 360 no-scope somebody - No problem, but make sure it won't affect your team.

The Second Play for fun is that I want to Win in order to have fun.

And if I am honest this is not really play for fun. I am this category as well.

Basically you come to win games, not only for the lols; But you gain the "Fun" from wins. Thus why sometimes it over-frustrate you as you can't always win - And you know unless you play CV there is little you can do in a crumbling match.

Edited by Alvin1020

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

P4fun and Play for fun is different.

The First P4Fun is that you don't care about anything, you just want to have a lol.

I don't mind this as long as you don't affect the others. Say I want to KV-2 un-aimed 360 no-scope somebody - No problem, but make sure it won't affect your team.

The Second Play for fun is that I want to Win in order to have fun.

And if I am honest this is not really play for fun. I am this category as well.

Basically you come to win games, not only for the lols; But you gain the "Fun" from wins. Thus why sometimes it over-frustrate you as you can't always win - And you know unless you play CV there is little you can do in a crumbling match.

So look like I am the P4fun.:great:

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I play for fun.

Winning is more fun than losing

QFT.

I play for fun. I just so happen to win 62% of the time.

Beta Tester
9 posts
922 battles

I play to win also. But I dont care about my win rate. Its just a useless stat and has zero bearing on the way I play Wows. There are so many factors that go into winning/losing that you cant control. Worrying about the stat changes nothing.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I play to win also. But I dont care about my win rate. Its just a useless stat and has zero bearing on the way I play Wows. There are so many factors that go into winning/losing that you cant control. Worrying about the stat changes nothing.

Yes, you can.

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/57822-weve-gone-through-wr-then-wn7-wn8-and-finally/page__pid__1394320#entry1394320

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Yes I can what? Did I ask a question?

No, Haku mistakenly believed you said you can't affect your win rate (many of us learned to be rather sensitive to this suggestion in WoT because it's rightly called "stat denial").

What you actually said was that there are a whole lot of factors that you can't control that go into your win rate, and you've decided not to worry about it.

Subtle but crucial difference.

What we don't know right now is what are 'carry ships' and what % of battles do you realistically affect the outcome. WoT had plenty of carry tanks (where people playing them exceeded by a statistically significant degree their normal performance in similar tiers/vehicles), and most informed people tended to agree that there were ~35% of battles you'd lose regardless, ~35% you'd win regardless, and that left 30% in the middle where you were potentially the deciding factor.

Edited by Steeltrap

Sign in to follow this