Sign in to follow this  
AUS_Stevie

Is this game just too Hard?

37 comments in this topic

14 posts
556 battles

Hey guy's

so I grinded up to the tier 4 Japanese battleship line, also the hosho CV, I am having problems hitting my target's that have a steep bearing angle in my BB, I just can't seem to hit anything, 10 min's 1 salvo hit's its not even fun being in a big beach whale that takes 30 seconds to reload a decade to turn, not to mention if you cant get the first lead right by the time your ready to shoot position's change, is it different at high tier, or is this what it's going to be like, I actually was feeling like uninstalling, I don't like being somewhat useless to the team in wot being a td player, there was great certainty that the enemy would feel that hurt the moment I had them lined up, but this seems like gambling,

I am pretty good at tanks but this is frustrating me, waiting 30 seconds because you missed and then trying to lead again because the target turned around changed angles slowed down etc, dodging torpedo bombers as they have 2 cv's.

I don't mind playing tier 1 because of the fast reload but then again you can't really get too close with paper armor and some people afk.

I like the concept of CV's and have been practicing a lot in CO OP, and starting to land the manual drops, although the AI move there ship the instant they see tb's.

I just feel completely useless,

then the other day I get citadel shot's and then day's where I can't land any shot's, also to be honest even if there sailing straight , and the lead is good, the shells completely miss for no reason(low tier (4)?) is there more accurate guns in this game the higher you go or is it just easier to land as the ships are bigger and wider high tier. This game seems to be extremely difficult to learn compared to world of tanks, some people are plain bad in wot, I can't imagine them even having fun waiting 30 seconds for a reload only to find out a lot has happened in that time.

I do like the play style of CA's and I have great map awareness and the sense of supporting in majority of the games I play. The Moines r.o.f makes me want to grind this line.

only reason I haven't played CV in random battle is I don't want to let the team down , but these AI's seem to be really good at dodging. I find I am manually dropping the torps too close before there armed sometimes.

I practice a lot as well. But yeah is there anyone who struggled please tell your story. this seems hard :( I really love the game engine and the graphic's and simulation is wonderful. Anyways thank you and sorry for the long post. Just looking for assurance/encouragement to keep going I guess

"EDITED"

Can someone experienced, give me some damage numbers I should look to aim for, maybe for a tier 5 BB, how much I should look to get in a CV, How much I should look to hit in a CA, since theres no XVM just yet for WOWS would be kindly appreciated.

Derogatory term. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by AUS_Stevie

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

The intricacies of World of Tanks generally doesn't apply here. Just because you are good in Tanks does not mean you will be good here.

This is a good indicator of what you should be doing.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I have to agree that the learning curve here is steeper than tanks. For tanks, it's a 2D game where you only concern with the width and depth of the battle field. In ships, it's 3D since you have that vertical element called CV.

Shooting wise itself, it's really dependent on guess and estimation. I know it's easier said than done but just have to spend time in artillery cruisers to get the hang of it. Also, do put the gun FCS Mod. 1 onto all your arty ships (if the games allows it). That really helps. Aside from that, when shooting, it'll be either of 3 -

• Long - Too far back of the target
  • Short - Too far in front of the target
  • Straddle - Shots land near and around your target. You may or may not exactly hit it. Your estimation is right. Now just click away

What you'd like first and foremost is a straddle. Granted that some or none of the shells land on the ship itself, straddling really means that you landed your shots close and estimation is correct. Once you get a straddle, just continue clicking and let RNG guide your shells.

With regards to BB, yes everything about them is slow since they're a floating mass of metal. Just be patient with it

P.S. Now that I spent too much time on ships... I'm rather horrible at tanks now

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

But seriously, don't look at stats yet. At your stage of the game, the stats are more of a poison than anything.

Play with more experienced players and learn from them. 

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

I am having problems hitting my target's that have a steep bearing angle in my BB, I just can't seem to hit anything, 10 min's 1 salvo hit's its not even fun being in a big beach whale that takes 30 seconds to reload a decade to turn, not to mention if you cant get the first lead right by the time your ready to shoot position's change

To aim in on targets hold down the ALT key to see both the target's range and your reticle's range.

Then fire one turret by itself, adjust accordingly and fire the other turrets.

Continue firing while sailing towards the target at a slight angle.

Generally you'd want to sail directly towards it while reloading, then turn just enough to fire all guns and return to sailing towards it.

Obviously it's wise to not sail in a straight line, even minor maneuvers can throw the target's aim off and dodge a couple of enemy shells.

You'd usually want to start turning at around 7-8km range.

This gives you enough time to react to torpedoes.

Important about the 180° turning maneuver is that you'll have to turn once the enemy has fired if you're facing an enemy BB.

Otherwise he's likely to score heavy damage to you by hitting your broadside with AP.

Aside from this use HE on targets with stern or aft towards you and AP against broadsides.

It's usually best to only use AP on BBs, wait till they turn to fire their broadside, shoot, dodge, profit.

On long ranges you're better off firing HE, albeit there is a small chance of scoring citadel hits even on max range.

waiting 30 seconds because you missed and then trying to lead again

The waiting time between reloads is part of the battleship dance.

While reloading you're (as mentioned above) supposed to realign your course and optimise it in order

to dodge incoming enemy fire.

It's also a good opportunity to get an eye on the minimap for potential dangers like...

... destroyers.

... aircrafts.

... etc.

I like the concept of CV's and have been practicing a lot in CO OP, and starting to land the manual drops, although the AI move there ship the instant they see tb's.

The AI in PvE doesn't react to aircrafts at all, it's more likely it reacted to one of your teammates.

It's easy to exploit the AI's behaviour by determining it's potential course through the positioning of your teammates on the minimap.

The AI usually charges ahead until way below the effective firing range, use that to bomb the living potatahs out of them.

Also target BBs, then CAs, then CVs, then DDs.

then the other day I get citadel shot's and then day's where I can't land any shot's, also to be honest even if there sailing straight , and the lead is good, the shells completely miss for no reason(low tier (4)?) is there more accurate guns in this game the higher you go or is it just easier to land as the ships are bigger and wider high tier.

Neither, even the Kawachi's shotgun turrets have a high chance of hitting if aimed correctly.

On long ranges the accuracy drops quickly, so if you experience lots of consecutive misses then it's usually the player's fault for

either aiming badly or being too far away from the target.

If you don't believe me then ask Evyl. :hiding:

This game seems to be extremely difficult to learn compared to world of tanks, some people are plain bad in wot,

I can't imagine them even having fun waiting 30 seconds for a reload only to find out a lot has happened in that time.

I doubt that most people playing WoT will enjoy WoWS to the same degree, they're entire different games to begin with.

However it's not really difficult to learn aside from the initial learning curve for players that have never before played any other

naval or naval-esque games.

I would generally argue though that CAs are the easiest class for beginners.

Mobility, fast firing guns, decent AA.

I find I am manually dropping the torps too close before there armed sometimes.

The arming distance is always the same, remember to rather go for a longer approach than closer, especially

against AIs.

Players are a different number, but it's still quite easy to atleast score 1-2 hits per assault.

Can someone experienced, give me some damage numbers I should look to aim for, maybe for a tier 5 BB, how much I should look to get in a CV, How much I should look to hit in a CA, since theres no XVM just yet for WOWS would be kindly appreciated.

I'll tell you the same thing I told newbies in WoT.

Play the game, find out which nations/classes you enjoy and which you dislike.

And some day when you feel like you're experienced enough to say that you have a firm grasp on the game's basic mechanics

then you start comparing stats and try to improve actively by fine tuning your playstyle.

5 posts
8,548 battles

33lko76.jpg30jspsk.jpg2bquqw.jpgOne of the better game, first salvo found its mark on a charging imperial DD. Hitting targets at max range is pretty easy if u know how to adjust your lead according the range and estimated speed of the enemy ship. Even if the first salvo didnt hit, u could always adjust the 2nd salvo depending how far the first one was off though this takes a bit of intuition. Not a problem for quick firing guns on Omaha. For slower guns, fire one round to range your target and then adjust accordingly and never be lazy to switch round types for different targets. For the US cruisers that have torpedoes, never force yourself to use it just because u have it. Use it only when the enemy comes to you, dont go after  him with torps cause u r not a [content removed] DD. Take my advice with caution though, im only a non cbt player with sub 100 games.

Derogatory term. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Ahoy fellow Naval Commander AUS_Stevie,

Do not give up on this game, it don't take a hard time to do some damage on here or sunk a ships,

Simply it just took a little precisely skills and experience to gain some hits and sunk a ship. OFC don't always use auto bombing on your Carrier IJN Hoshou

try to learn on using Manual bombing it. From your POV I must disagree with it and agree with Retia because this game is much better and fun than WoT

rather have noobs camping on this area but this you can at least do some damage and sailing around the sea on here of course don't let the sea grab ya anyway if

I could do it so why can't you? Anyway just watch some videos tutorial to learn how to do better next time or think of a idea how should I improve it on the next battle

whenever after a battle is finish.

TJQnAYG.jpg XXFMETU.jpg 0dhszFj.jpg k32Uelr.jpg

Regards.

Nimitz:hiding:

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
945 posts
5,648 battles

OP you could go back to your cruisers for a while to help you learn to aim, their faster firing guns are more forgiving when you are having trouble hitting targets, once you feel more comfortable with them then go back to BB's,

The lower tier BB's tend to spray their shoot more then the higher tier, so when you have your aim worked out you should do fine in higher tier BB's

Good luck

14 posts
556 battles

thanks guys for the wealthy information, yeah Makise that's what's throwing me off is the 3d, and the elevation's.

And Retia thanks for the advice. I will try to find some people to play with, mite make a post i think that would help in terms of how aggressive to be.

423 posts
3,175 battles

^ you are always welcome, brother!

my IGN is jchen8792. Feel free to message me if you wish!

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

There will always be a time that you feel the game is hard (that's because it's either your opponent is good and your team is potato) and there will be a time where this game feels easy (your team really works together for a common cause and the opposing team is potato) :D

lel

CV=Halken_Sky,iChaseGaming

BB=DeathSkyz

CA=Dunno, Harcoo

DD: Windforce

nonsenses=Me 

How to give bribes to conana=Ragster

ohhhh~ I hate you :sceptic:

here have a +1

14 posts
556 battles

There will always be a time that you feel the game is hard (that's because it's either your opponent is good and your team is potato) and there will be a time where this game feels easy (your team really works together for a common cause and the opposing team is potato) :D

ohhhh~ I hate you :sceptic:

here have a +1

I found this problem as well, although I am a potato as well but I at least won't afk or suicide. So how do you push up a line I mean it's kind of hard if you commit then your teammates are not in position or have u turned it, meanwhile your in range of 3 enemies and by the time you try exit/turn around your chunked. This is where I think I struggle as I don't trust my teammates enough for me to push as a bb.

12 posts
512 battles

Watch the Mighty Jingles or any other guides on youtube. They will show you how to master yr ship cause diff ships hav diff strengh and/or diff weaknesses. Also, as a CA player, shoot AP at other CA's and shoot HE at anything else. Also, dont fire from yr broadside as other CA's and BB's can Citadel Penetrate you. GL ;) 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Too hard?

I was expecting reverse - Stuff like "This game is too simplified" (Which it kinad is, but it works, so whatever).

22 posts
3,308 battles

gday steveo mate

come play with our "social" group, you will learn stacks of stuff from stacks of great blokes and have a much better time playing.

just hit up me or "funky chicken" in game or drop a msg in here and we can sort ya out mate. helped me heaps and i came from playing tanks(40k games or so, dunno been 8 months off the tanks..... still having night terrors from it)

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Welcome to WOWs.

To make it easier for you to find other players to division with, drop by the "Divisions and Forum Warriors" channel in game. 

Anyways, my advice is to start with cruisers 1st. They are more forgiving and easier to get into esp. with the rate of fire, speed and manoeuvrability. Once you are more comfortable with the basics, then and only then, continue your battleship grind. That's how I started, though I started with cruiser and destroyers at the same time, this is the path I would have taken.

Battleships are one of the hardest line in WOWs to do well in.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

at tier 5 your cv can fire torps at anything tier 4.

when you get to a tier 6 cv, aim for one torp hit per battle, as AA on all ships becomes very powerful and your planes won't survive.

Good luck.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
341 battles

I found this problem as well, although I am a potato as well but I at least won't afk or suicide. So how do you push up a line I mean it's kind of hard if you commit then your teammates are not in position or have u turned it, meanwhile your in range of 3 enemies and by the time you try exit/turn around your chunked. This is where I think I struggle as I don't trust my teammates enough for me to push as a bb.

Keep playing and force your way to the top.. watch the map, take advantage of the pros and cons of the ships and the maps and your teammate ;) (I know you know this already ahahaha~)

If you really cant trust your teammates (or take advantage of them) just form up a division with friends ;)

Sign in to follow this