Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Next update IJN CVs will be OP... Again

59 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

In the next update IJN CVs will receive a huge buff with their dive bombers and torpedoes bombers accuracy. This is the death of all US CVs. The mighty Essex and Midway will just be a pile of rubbish. All IJN CVs torpedoes bombers spread will converge to hit a single point which is ridiculous. This mean that tier 4-7 IJN CVs can hit 8 out of 8 of their torpedoes easily compare to only 6 on the US side. This with the Taiho and Hakuryuu will mean that they can equal the Midway in destructive power and can even reload faster than the Midway. Apparently this will really reward "skilled" players. IJN DB spread is also reduced so they can match the US CVs in term of accuracy. This mean that all IJN CVs will over perform all US CVs on the same tier or even match the damage out put of a US CV one tier higher. One IJN DB squadron is now as powerful as one US DB squadron. I think that there will be no point playing US CVs anymore and that War Gaming should remove the entire line. They are just soo obsessed with IJN CVs must always be better than US CVs. Please just remove the entire line War Gaming. Add the US CVs line when you finnally knows how to balance them

Super Tester
509 posts

Think about what converge means.  That means they will only be accurate right at the end of the travel time. So no more dropping them right next to the ship at min arming distance.

Sounds like a huge nerf to me.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Think about what converge means.  That means they will only be accurate right at the end of the travel time. So no more dropping them right next to the ship at min arming distance.

Not exactly. Look at the distance that the US CVs have to drop their torpedoes at. The IJN will probably have to release their fish just a little bit back further. Their torpedoes look pretty fast compare to the ones that US CVs use so no big deal

Beta Tester
28 posts
3,742 battles

I don't think the IJN will be able to sink ships in one wave of attack even after the patch so there won't be much change to the CVs, and the higher DB accuracy sounds like a DD nerf to me

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I like how you haven't even seen what kind of drops yet and you already call them op.

Silenthunter, honestly, when the patch comes out, try before making any conclusions.

Thank you for telling me how they could be OP. I would like to apologise to you all and everyone reading this forum that I haven't cleary think about how they could be not as OP as I think

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Also I like how every reddit post on WoWS its never IJN CV OP but rather USN CV OP.

To be honest I don't think that neither the Bouge, Langley, Independence, Ranger and Lexington to be OP. Only tier 9 and 10 US CVs can be called OP and they are hard to reach. There are also economy problem at tier 9 and 10 too

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles
To be honest I don't think that neither the Zuiho, Hosho, Ryujo, Hiryu and Shokaku to be OP. Only tier 9 and 10 JP CVs can be called viable and they are hard to reach. There are also economy problem at tier 9 and 10 too 

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

To be honest I don't think that neither the Zuiho, Hosho, Ryujo, Hiryu and Shokaku to be OP. Only tier 9 and 10 JP CVs can be called viable and they are hard to reach. There are also economy problem at tier 9 and 10 too 

I agree, but rather just that US Carrier's a bit pointless. Until Tier 8 at least.
Edited by Alvin1020

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

To be honest, I would much rather be in a Hiryu and Ryujo if I was in a carrier fight because my AA ability is absolutely amazing compare to US AA loadout because I actually do have 1DB and 1 TB squadron with me. Not only that my DB squadron will be buffed next update so they can be as effective as a US DB squadron

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

And in the next patch the IJN TBs get their damaged nerfed and the USN DBs are affected less by AA.

And all these discussions are pointless they are yet to be tested as well.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

And in the next patch the IJN TBs get their damaged nerfed and the USN DBs are affected less by AA.

And all these discussions are pointless they are yet to be tested as well.

Nerf in lower tier. I actually disagree with War Gaming to do this. As much as I love US CVs that is ridiculous 

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Nerf in lower tier. I actually disagree with War Gaming to do this. As much as I love US CVs that is ridiculous 

As I said. Yet to be tested.

The Dev Notes are the Developer ideas and not actual changes yet.

Also dont forget Baltimore and DM armor buff.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

let see,,,,,,

my speculation is 

O3Q5DrB.jpg

sounds like BIG nerf for IJN CV
coz droping near ship has HUGE gap. thats mean its easier to dodge.

so, IJN CV need to drop torp much more far from target to get more than 1 torp hit. thats mean its even more easier to dodge.

also . torp damage reduction?

pls wg. u nerfed the total TB squadron from IJN CV before. and u still didnt satisfied?

oh wait. WG did it coz to many USN CV maniac feeling they are underpowered with their already OP CV.

now. even with FULL 4 planes TB.

IJN TB could only hit 1 or 2 torp each squadron(3 if he got super lucky). while USN can get atleast 3 hit(and its not rare USN CV to score 5 or 6 torp hit each salvo).

after 0.5.1 IJN CV will have to gamble on their luck to get 2 hit(or the enemy is dumb).

oh not to mention the IJN planes is more fragile than USN planes :/

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I'm interested to see how this affects IJN CV but before that, let's take a look at the current situation.

Regardless the tier, from past till present, USN will always hold qualitative superiority over the IJN birds. Now you may say that IJN has numerical superiority. True but even in an engagement, if the IJN comes out top, more often than not it's a phyrric victory.

You as a predominantly USN CV would know about this and I salute your tenacity and patience with USN CV unlike me.

Lets not also forget that pubbies nowadays are learning. The CAs now sail together with their BBs in close order. So it makes it hard for a strike to be delivered effectively without incurring heavy losses.

Seriously silenthunter... Being IJN CV isn't a bed of roses at all.

Inb4 Steeltrap makes his presence felt

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,203 battles

In the next update IJN CVs will receive a huge buff with their dive bombers and torpedoes bombers accuracy. This is the death of all US CVs. The mighty Essex and Midway will just be a pile of rubbish. All IJN CVs torpedoes bombers spread will converge to hit a single point which is ridiculous. This mean that tier 4-7 IJN CVs can hit 8 out of 8 of their torpedoes easily compare to only 6 on the US side. This with the Taiho and Hakuryuu will mean that they can equal the Midway in destructive power and can even reload faster than the Midway. Apparently this will really reward "skilled" players. IJN DB spread is also reduced so they can match the US CVs in term of accuracy. This mean that all IJN CVs will over perform all US CVs on the same tier or even match the damage out put of a US CV one tier higher. One IJN DB squadron is now as powerful as one US DB squadron. I think that there will be no point playing US CVs anymore and that War Gaming should remove the entire line. They are just soo obsessed with IJN CVs must always be better than US CVs. Please just remove the entire line War Gaming. Add the US CVs line when you finnally knows how to balance them

how about waiting till the changes are actually implemented before crying about OPness.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Bout time. my fully upgraded ryujo averages 1 torpedo hit PER BATTLE. The spread from an auto drop is wide enough for a CV and a BB to dodge, you HAVE to manually drop if you want to hit, and usually all your 4 planes are shot down by AA before then. My divebombers get easily distracted when they see something shiny, and seem to miss a lot too, IF they manage to daudle through the devastating AA fire.

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,203 battles

Bout time. my fully upgraded ryujo averages 1 torpedo hit PER BATTLE. The spread from an auto drop is wide enough for a CV and a BB to dodge, you HAVE to manually drop if you want to hit, and usually all your 4 planes are shot down by AA before then. My divebombers get easily distracted when they see something shiny, and seem to miss a lot too, IF they manage to daudle through the devastating AA fire.

just because you suck at CV, doesn't mean its "about time" for it to be OP. all half decent CV players manual drop unless they are about to die.

Sign in to follow this