Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spawny_

How to play the Ibuki

14 comments in this topic

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

So I have finally met my kryptonite. 

The tier 9 JPN CA, Ibuki.

I just can't wrap my head around it. The first 10 games was an utter disaster. Only 1 win. I remember the MM was crap with constant imbalanced matchup e.g. enem

y have more tier 10s etc. I don't even care anymore whether I win or lose to get the x1.5 off. I can only bear to play max 3 games in it before going off to play other ships.

Fyi, I played it stock with 200k retraining of the captain. I have equiped the FCS module and also the extra 16% gun range equipment. 

I will like to know how do those who have the experience in this ship and how to make it work. You guys can check my stats on the previous ships like myoko and mogami, I think I do reasonably well in those. 

Save me!

Edit : i just checked my stats in it, 18 games 4 wins.....ahahahaha :teethhappy:

Edited by Spawnster

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

i'll be ur spiritual support

First, Ibuki is basically a Mogami 2nd gun clone

U know that IJN Wowsheep got a nice welcoming area for a citadel hit, so, don't show broadsides, but wait, u got 3 runs right at teh front, which neabs, u can do near head-on engagement, utilizing ur front guns, ur rear gun's kinda useless thou, as u can't show broadsides

aaannnddd use AP

Most important of all, try go with tier X CA

Edited by Conkhead_12

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,094 battles

My only experience with it was during CBT. Didn't play any differently than how I've been playing my IJN CA. If it's about MM... I'm still having that problem in Shokaku. At least you don't have 1001 things that can neutralise your striking ability.

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

I think Ibuki still better than Baltimore :hiding:

Well, it's style

For teh ppl that like broadsides, go for USN CA

but, for pen or citadels, IJN CA

All hail vadim?

of course ALL HAIL VADIM

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,181 battles

So I have finally met my kryptonite. 

The tier 9 JPN CA, Ibuki.

I just can't wrap my head around it. The first 10 games was an utter disaster. Only 1 win. I remember the MM was crap with constant imbalanced matchup e.g. enem

y have more tier 10s etc. I don't even care anymore whether I win or lose to get the x1.5 off. I can only bear to play max 3 games in it before going off to play other ships.

Fyi, I played it stock with 200k retraining of the captain. I have equiped the FCS module and also the extra 16% gun range equipment. 

I will like to know how do those who have the experience in this ship and how to make it work. You guys can check my stats on the previous ships like myoko and mogami, I think I do reasonably well in those. 

Save me!

Edit : i just checked my stats in it, 18 games 4 wins.....ahahahaha :teethhappy:

TL;DR you played a t9 ship stock without a fully retrained captain.

Sign in to follow this