You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hmas_Bundaberg

Aim Bot cheat

57 comments in this topic

32 posts
2,644 battles

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing incredibly accuracy from some players. Yeah you get mag'd every once in a while but within the last week its happening with a frequency that only reminds me of the old aim bot that was banned?

Anyone else experiencing this or have I just become crap in the last week.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

If you get magazined often, you're really unlucky.

I've played this for months, I've only gotten one detonation award.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

I got detonated a bit for this week....

And yes, there is another aim bot cheat floating around...damn it. My measly hit ratio can't be helped anyway.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing incredibly accuracy from some players. Yeah you get mag'd every once in a while but within the last week its happening with a frequency that only reminds me of the old aim bot that was banned?

Can mentioned your ship that often get magazine explosion? And who's targeting you at what range?

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

The det award is a strange one.

Your mag blows sky high, you receive award. You then fly the relevant flag which stops your ship from going 'Hood mode'...Guess what? ..no more det awards till flags are all used up and ship is once again vulnerable. So while the flags are flying, you just ain't going to receive any more.

I mainly play US DDs, so if juliet charlie is not hoisted, there is a fair risk of sudden death.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I always hope to get detonated....so i can farm more flags.

Stop flying them on DDs, and watch them multiply.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

I got detonated a bit for this week....

And yes, there is another aim bot cheat floating around...damn it. My measly hit ratio can't be helped anyway.

really?

Beta Tester
10 posts
1,246 battles

There was a new version of aim mod but it was resurfaced a few weeks ago and has been removed since then just before the russian and german ships arrived. It was a crappy thing anyway: it supported just several ships and the calculation was completely off target.

Beta Tester
10 posts
1,246 battles

However, it you open the game directory and look into res/scripts/client/IngameTools/IdealWeapon you will find the mod there. It works even better than the CBT mod because it can lock your guns on the target so you do not even need to aim yourself.

And few more features as well. 

Unfortunately (or fortunately) only developers can enable it since you need to modify the config and have a two missing files in your directory.

I'm kinda wondering though why WG not only keeps this mod but also improved it and distributes it to everybody.

Edited by lazyWombat

5 posts
8,548 battles

With a bit of luck and correct lead aiming, I have had in many occasions, hit fast maneuvering  DDs with at least a shot from the first salvo. On a side note, did anyone notice that even if a DD is hidden in the smoke screen, u could still make out the smoke puffs coming out from the ship as the smoke screen is initially activated (i could be wrong here)? That could be used as an aiming cue for a moment.

Super Tester
509 posts

With a bit of luck and correct lead aiming, I have had in many occasions, hit fast maneuvering  DDs with at least a shot from the first salvo. On a side note, did anyone notice that even if a DD is hidden in the smoke screen, u could still make out the smoke puffs coming out from the ship as the smoke screen is initially activated (i could be wrong here)? That could be used as an aiming cue for a moment.

Yeah sometimes you can see the tiny puffs of smoke so I just spam shots into the smoke if I see anything weird. You miss most of the time but sometimes your rewarded with a hit.

If you perform evasive manoeuvres no aim assist will work against you in this game because by the time the shells fly the 10-20 seconds to you your already in a different position. Never sail in a straight line constantly as your an easy target for torpedoes also.

103 posts
3,940 battles

Some people will deem they need to use an aimbot just so they can rack up more credits and XP. Ruins the fun for the rest of your team though.

Sadly, there's no real skill involved, usually it's just a hook and some scripts to detect ships in range, calculate the "best" vector of fire and let it rip.

Alpha Tester
44 posts
5,335 battles

Hey Bundy...  I feel also that I have been experiencing the same sorts of issues you face.  I have noticed that in the last week or thereabouts I have been getting 'detonated' and receiving increased accuracy from extreme ranges.

5 posts
8,548 battles

Yeah sometimes you can see the tiny puffs of smoke so I just spam shots into the smoke if I see anything weird. You miss most of the time but sometimes your rewarded with a hit.

If you perform evasive manoeuvres no aim assist will work against you in this game because by the time the shells fly the 10-20 seconds to you your already in a different position. Never sail in a straight line constantly as your an easy target for torpedoes also.

I am more dreadful of 'friendly' torpedoes launched by an idiot team mate so much more than a by a competent enemy DD. Had a game where I steered my Omaha away from an enemy DD that I had just dispatched with the stern of my ship pointed at his general direction to anticipate a torpedo salvo that might be launched before his demise and i got surprised instead by a friendly salvo fired by a team mate to the starboard side from long range while i was meleeing. Turned again to avoid his 4 torpedoes, hit by 2 nevertheless, and straight in to the path of that dead enemy DD's torpedoes which now appeared. If not for that friendly salvo, I wouldn't be sunk.

Beta Tester
106 posts
6,181 battles

ive been noticing it recently. certain players will just citadel at range, regardless of angle atm it seems. i think it would be fairly easy for WG to tell who's been using it. just check if someones citadel percentage has blown out lately.