You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

we dont want these players

46 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

So battle starts, I roll off the line in a dd to scout ahead and within 40 seconds get rammed by a cruiser.. ok that's pretty normal for wows. Then I start taking friendly fire .. ok that sucks but still unfortunately normal. BUT then I have to turn to avoid friendly torps .. then more friendly shells as I am avoiding enemy fire. Then swearing and threats in chat .. as the battle ends I'm still taking friendly fire and threats from this guy who's div mate ran into me ...  I have obviously reported the incident but as I only have screen shots of the battle results showing the friendly damage I'm hoping that wows can (and will?) look in their logs to see the threats and hits???    

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

Unfortunately, friendly torps are a game ruining experience we all go through, worse than afk players as they at least don't hinder your performance in game

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

WG doesn't really care about this aspect of game play. Their 'efforts' to deal with it are so laughably pathetic it's rather dishonest of them to claim they DO care.

Could design a system that would stamp this rubbish out in very short order. That WG can't/won't tells you everything you need to know on the subject, frankly.

Just accept it's going to happen. If WG's failure to act on it is enough to make you play less, then that's what you should do.

When I get this sort of crap happening, I log off.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

^

Lucky you. I've had it happen so often I've stopped counting. Morons firing torps at things clearly out of range that are moving away, in other words can never possibly hit. What they CAN hit is me if I don't do something about it. Doesn't even matter what I'm in other than to make it easier to dodge.

Was TKd twice in a row one day. Quit.

If you fire a torp that hits a friendly and that could not, under any circumstances, have hit an enemy (i.e. none within range, nor capable of moving INTO range), you should be banned from playing that specific ship for 24hrs. EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU DO IT.

Either you'd learn, or not get to play. Which means the penalty for your stupidity would fall where it should, namely on you, and not the poor sods who get stuck with you.

Edited by Steeltrap

44 posts
2,858 battles

Tenryu's seem to be the worst offender. spam torps at 15km distant enemies.

Damn, someone else with this!!! I got torped by so many Tenryu's while playing around that tier, it got to the point where I'd actively avoid going in the same direction they sailed in when teamed with them.

44 posts
2,858 battles

If you fire a torp that hits a friendly and that could not, under any circumstances, have hit an enemy (i.e. none within range, nor capable of moving INTO range), you should be banned from playing that specific ship for 24hrs. EACH AND EVERY TIME YOU DO IT.

Either you'd learn, or not get to play. Which means the penalty for your stupidity would fall where it should, namely on you, and not the poor sods who get stuck with you.

Unfortunately, that'd never happen since it would result in people unable to play the game, something the devs would try to not ever happen. I wish, though.
Edited by Shavo

268 posts
6,381 battles

Had a serial pink moron in a carrier last night. Asked him if he was going to behave himself so he promptly told me to look out for his planes and promptly launched his torps and dive bombers at me, killing himself, and then spent the rest of the game gloating about team killing.

So one minute in, top tier BB at 1/2 health (me) and our only CV is gone.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Had a serial pink moron in a carrier last night. Asked him if he was going to behave himself so he promptly told me to look out for his planes and promptly launched his torps and dive bombers at me, killing himself, and then spent the rest of the game gloating about team killing.

PM me the name.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

I've come across this guy as well.

What a muppet!

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

PM me the name.

And there's the problem, isn't it? WG cares so much about the quality of game play they require PMs to be sent. What happens if you don't have any evidence other than a claim?

What's more, how is it they get 'pink' and clearly continue uninterrupted? This isn't the first case, either.

Sums up WG's attitude to anything outside selling premium stuff, really.

:sceptic:

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Done

Thanks.

Any of you guys see repeat TKers, or hell, TKers in general (especially if they've been abusive in chat, or gloating about TKing) - PM screencaps/replays to one of the moderators. I personally do go through all of these.

5 posts
8,548 battles

3rd day playing, 50ish games and I was already a target of a friendly torpedo salvo from someone with ill intent. Pretty sure it was purposely aimed at me from the location (tight spread, line abreast to the starboard) it was fired because no hostile ship was nearby. 

Super Tester
509 posts

See this is the part of the TK system I don't understand. Sure it reflects damage to him but he still does damage to friendlies. It should negate 100% of damage to friendlies and give it only to the pink player.

Dying is hardly a punishment for a TK if it means he still did a ton of damage to an ally.

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

See this is the part of the TK system I don't understand. Sure it reflects damage to him but he still does damage to friendlies. It should negate 100% of damage to friendlies and give it only to the pink player.

Dying is hardly a punishment for a TK if it means he still did a ton of damage to an ally.

More importantly, it NEEDS TO BAN HIM FOR 24HRS.

Why should other people have to go through a game one ship down because they've got some brain dead douche in their team, one who does the same **** over and over?

It's lazy on the part of WG (imagine my shock) and just shows contempt for the vast majority of the players who do NOT do this **** (I'm shocked again).

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

More importantly, it NEEDS TO BAN HIM FOR 24HRS.

Why should other people have to go through a game one ship down because they've got some brain dead douche in their team, one who does the same **** over and over?

It's lazy on the part of WG (imagine my shock) and just shows contempt for the vast majority of the players who do NOT do this **** (I'm shocked again).

Could i take it as you accidentally you sunk me with Torpedos and i requested WG Staff member to ban you for 24 hours or actions taken on you when you just accidentally sunk or Torpedoed me instead of Intentionally did it and would you happy with that?? Not right?? No one in this game would want to Teamkill people for no reason except some Naval Commander had problem on their mentality which god must save them but others nope, as if a Destroyer [DD], Light Cruiser [CL] or Heavy Cruiser [CA] accidented teamkill or torpedoed you i don't think they mean it if the Torpedo is launched from far range, reasons still can be sorted out but if it a close range i guess it is unnegogiateable. If a Destroyer [DD], Light Cruiser [CL] or Heavy Cruiser [CA] dropped the torpedos there always a early warning siren to alert you from far range but let said some Naval Commanders are too focused by using the binoculars aiming sight and did not take caution on that siren and got teamkilled or torpedoed, some will be hiding in smoke aka the Destroyer [DD] and suddenly no where a torpedo poped out in nearbly and no time to take evasive actions or some willbe see torpedo coming from far range but will not even try to turn or make any evasive actions. So afterall i said this friendly torpedo or teamkill must depend on the situation and also FYI please control your angry management in this game <---- Steeltrap.

65 posts
2,362 battles

hmm I'm of two minds on this one.

WG can only do so much. My dad is in his 60's and he plays both WOT and WOWS. He told me that he got banned for 72 hours in WOT because when a team mate shot him, he shot back. They reported him and he got suspended for the 3 days.

Personally, I think it should be automated- not requiring moderators to intervene.

1 TK, no problems.

2 TK, warning.

3 TK, 24 hour ban.

If 2 TK's in a 24 hour period after that, 3 day ban.

etc.

The second part of the 2 minds part- I think the community needs to come up with its own etiquette.

For example-

If you're in a big slow ship (eg. BB) you have right of way. That means smaller ships get out of your way and don't expect you to stop on a dime as they cut in front of you.

If you're DD or CL/CA about to fire torps, look left and right before firing. Do not fire when there is obviously a high chance of TK (for your team's benefit).

If you're blocking someone else's fire, dont. Back off and let them pass.

If someone is AFK at spawn and they're the last one alive, tell the enemy where to find them so the game doesn't take forever.

If you're a CV, you're out of planes and you're the last one alive, sail towards the enemy so they can kill you and finish the game off.

If you're out in a ship for the first time, especially if you're the highest tier ship- tell your team that so they know not to depend on you. (many people follow the highest tier ship assuming they know what they're doing. When they don't act like a pro they will often berate them.)

That's just a handful I can think of..

In line with this etiquette, I would also hope that WG doesn't further incentivise kill stealing and other crappy team behaviours. The "get 4 kills in a match to unlock X" basically spells out to the community "Getting credit for kills matters" instead of playing as a team to win. It leads to attrocious behaviour- namely a whole bunch of people dogpiling the ship that is on half health- while the person who brought the ship down to half health gets no credit despite taking the damage.

Edited by Osi

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,235 battles

That is all well and good Osi, and if everyone had the same principles and virtues, that would be great. That is really what you are talking about.

Unfortunately, the internet provides people with anonymity, and because of this they feel able to conduct themselves in any fashion that they feel like.

For those that feel particularly belligerent that means ruining other peoples game experience.

But for all that, an automated system is, really the only solution. 

65 posts
2,362 battles

Sabre, I agree with your points- 100%.

While WOWS is a bandwagon game that everyone is jumping on to- there is 0% chance of anything I've said happening or mattering.

However, once the honeymoon period is over, the new players that aren't sticking around are gone, and the ones that will are committed- this stuff generally gets sorted out.

Navyfield from what I remember never officially had these kinds of etiquette captured- however as a community most of these rules were learned, much the same way that a work environment everyone figures out where the bathroom is.

The reason is- Navyfield rewarded the team for winning, not the player so much- so team members had a reason to be courteous to each other. They were still competitive but there was zero benefit in being a dick to one another. 

I guess it goes to what kind of community WG wants, and what it actually creates through its game mechanics and rewards system...

Edited by Osi

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

If someone is AFK at spawn and they're the last one alive, tell the enemy where to find them so the game doesn't take forever.

DON'T do this - it is a reportable/sanctionable offence