Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nishizumi_AnkoSP

Tier 6 Russian Destroyer [DD] OP Ognevoi

How do you of the Russian Tier 6 Ognevoi  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you of the Russian Tier 6 Ognevoi

• It is very OP.
    • Just soso only.
    • I have no idea.
    • What there is Ognevoi???
    • Bias.

30 comments in this topic

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

you can tell an OP ship from last hits? hmm

Nope it not last hit i had calculated the estimated of the average damage of Ognevoi using HE shells average damage, from the damage i seen from i shooting that Cleveland it was 1k+-3k of salvo shot and 500+1k+ for gradual shot.

Edited by davud1537

47 posts
679 battles

The Ogy is a really nice ship to play.

shot-15.10.14_17.37.42-0952.jpgshot-15.10.14_17.37.46-0005.jpgshot-15.10.14_17.37.51-0033.jpg

Yeah... Seen a lot of game plays about Ogy. Its a nice ship.

Waiting for day it will release in the obt server :)

[7_XD]
Super Tester
68 posts
4,742 battles

I think Ognevoi's ammo is OP. it can do citadel by Hit Battleship. In normally 130 mm can't do that.

furutaka's 203mm do hard citadel by hit battleship but Ognevoi's 130mm easier than 203mm.

and fire rate is very high.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I think Ognevoi's ammo is OP. it can do citadel by Hit Battleship. In normally 130 mm can't do that.

furutaka's 203mm do hard citadel by hit battleship but Ognevoi's 130mm easier than 203mm.

and fire rate is very high.

Yup.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

wlp, let's see if it retains its "OPness" and all people starts playing it and will know hot to deal with it, then here comes another thread for "russian DDs sucks, torpedo needs buff". See, I can look into the future.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

wlp, let's see if it retains its "OPness" and all people starts playing it and will know hot to deal with it, then here comes another thread for "russian DDs sucks, torpedo needs buff". See, I can look into the future.

I am sure the torpedo is not sux after all even if it short range cause it do maximum damage lol.

mXTgKDF.jpg

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,372 battles

I am sure the torpedo is not sux after all even if it short range cause it do maximum damage lol.

mXTgKDF.jpg

I think the torp damage is even lower than USN DD :<

4 full hits on his 10 o clock can't kill a 70% hp North Carolina

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

finally got this ship few hours ago after my usual massacre in midway, and guess what, the ognevoi is just as I expected it to be--a gremyaschy that sold much of her torpedoes and concealment for little bit of guns/

for players who doesn't play gremyaschy, you are just probably having some "bliss ignorance" moment. the gun damage is identical to gremyaschy, the claim of around 2k damage/salvo in average is a blatant exaggeration--you probably are just popping some modules on a battleship and/or hitting some soft bogue like you know in the screenshot.

ognevoi has improved turret rotation, reload and some accuracy compared to gremyaschy but the setbacks are big--namely the concealment and stupid torp range. Gun range and damage is similar.

For overall performance in game, I'll choose gremyaschy anytime over ognevoi.

surprisingly, it maneuvers better than that donkey guy on youtube speculates. thanks to this test drive, I'll instead go for German CAs than these DDs. I thought its a breath of fresh air but they are just cheap copies of my great gremy.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Hmmmm....yes Ognevoi is a pure gunboats...I guess it is limited in that sense because of its 4km torp range. But the guns are good with excellent range for a DD...if you have a captain with AFT skill...shooting range goes to at least 14.4km. Coupled with a camo + concealment expert setup....it'll be invisible whilst shooting. Yet to be tested of course

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Hmmmm....yes Ognevoi is a pure gunboats...I guess it is limited in that sense because of its 4km torp range. But the guns are good with excellent range for a DD...if you have a captain with AFT skill...shooting range goes to at least 14.4km. Coupled with a camo + concealment expert setup....it'll be invisible whilst shooting. Yet to be tested of course

That why i said it is OP right?

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

i wonder how a USN DD compares to it?

playing it makes me curious about the clemson.

I play US DD but compare with Krigesmarine DD it much not difference it just stalling is much OP only..:sceptic:

Sign in to follow this