You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Conan

Super Testers Recruitment Round 3

84 comments in this topic

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

Hi Everyone,

We're still looking for new set of super testers to help us out. If you think you have what it takes, read on and be ready to apply for the very limited slots of Super Tester for Asia.

We have changed the requirements a bit. Please feel free to re-apply if you did not make the cut during the earlier recruitment. 

Lastly, please note that we are looking for Thai and Vietnamese speakers for super test. 

If you can speak, read, and write the above languages along with English, please feel free to apply as we are in need of multi-lingual testers.

What is Super Test?

Supertesting is done in a separate server where new content and improvements will be tested in a very controlled environment first before being tested again with a wider audience. This means serious testing, doing things over and over again, and then analyzing what actually happened.

Can I be a Super Tester?

Why yes, you can. We do have minimum requirements though:

• Must be a WoWS Player with at least 300 battles across different ship classes and nations.
  • Must have good standing and clean records in forums and in game.
  • Must have Skype and TeamSpeak for communications
  • Must agree to this NDA / Set of Rules (or see below)
  • Must be active and dedicated in testing sessions.
  • Must be able to follow directions and provide structured feedback.

How do I become a Super Tester?

It's simple. All you need to do is sign up in this thread. All applicants will be screened and checked.

Please note that signing up means that you understand and agree to the NDA

How do I know if I am picked?

Asia ST Manager (Conan) will message English Speaking applicants who have been picked.

A copy of the NDA is in the spoiler below:

The Supertest Rules for World of Warships

1. General Information

1.1. Supertest (further abbreviated as ST) is a standalone organization that facilitates preliminary testing of new game content by volunteers known as the Supertesters. The Supertesters assist the World of Warships developer team in preparing product versions for the release by finding bugs, verifying features, sharing their opinions and ideas, and providing the first feedback.

1.2. The Supertesters have the official status of the volunteers (voluntary helpers) for a project. Their status is confirmed by their membership in a separate forum group.

1.3. When not involved in the ST activities, the Supertesters do not have any special privileges over other users, and should maintain a positive image of their group by observing the Game and Forum Rules, helping novice players whenever possible, and staying constructive in arguments and discussions.

1.4. We recommend participation in the ST for users who:

• Like playing World of Warships, want to help in the development, and want to be the first to see all the updates that are sometimes at the prototype stage only.
  • Interest themselves in or are involved in game development, are not afraid of the difficulties, have attention to details, and are result-oriented.
  • Want to become part of a friendly team united by common interests and aims.

1.5. The ST rules are to be studied and observed by all ST participants. The content of these Rules may be supplemented or amended at any time, with obligatory notification posted in this topic.

2. Access

2.1. The Supertesters are recruited in accordance with a usual procedure. Those interested may submit their request in this topic, or the Developers themselves may select the Supertesters if necessary.

2.2. When registered, all the Supertesters receive an email message with the instructions and their personal test account credentials that are valid only for the ST server. The Supertesters are fully responsible for keeping this information confidential. Occasionally the accounts data and/or credentials can be wiped or reset. In such cases, a new email message is sent. At http://st.worldofwarships.ru/, the Supertesters can change their passwords with the use of their Account Management page. They have to use their Supertest account credentials to access this portal.

2.3. When registered for the ST, each Supertester must be provided with the following:

• An account for the ST server.
  • The Supertester is included either in the primary or the secondary group of the "Supertesters" forum group, if the Supertester is already a member of any volunteer group and wants to keep this group membership visible.
  • Authorization to the ST Skype channel.
  • Authorization to TeamSpeak
  • (Optional) authorization to the official VK Group.
  • (Optional and if possible) membership in the [WG-WS] Clan.

2.4. Upon withdrawal from the ST, the Supertester is deprived of everything listed above in item 2.3.

3. Organization

3.1. Conan is the ST Manager. Please contact him regarding any critical organizational issues.

3.2. Other Developers often interact with the Supertesters directly regarding work-related issues. The Supertesters should pay very careful attention to the other Developers' requests. However, any such requests resulting in diversion from current tasks or the schedule modification should be communicated only via the ST Manager.

3.3. A number of the Supertesters involved in the test organization are positioned as the Coordinators.

EN Test session Coordinators:

• Chappo (Skype: schaplin82)
  • AALG (Skype: j.d.schmidt
  • amade (Skype: amade.wossname)
  • dead_man_walking (Skype: dmw_tdc)
  • lengxv6 (Skype: lengxv6)

3.3.1. The Coordinators are responsible for the following:

• Facilitate smooth operation of the Supertest.
  • Control that the schedule and ST rules are observed.
  • Help with the Supertesters' authorization as per Item 2.3.
  • Help the ST Manager to process the data and record the activity.

3.4. The Supertesters must follow the Coordinators' instructions. In their turn, the Coordinators must always act in the interests of the Test and adhere to the schedules. The Coordinators also have right to resolve disputes at their discretion, making the ST Manager aware of such disputes. Feedback on the Coordinators' work can be sent to the ST Manager through personal messages on the forum.

4. Communications

4.1. At the moment we use the following for the ST coordination: Information topic, and Skype channel. 
4.2. The ST participants must use all three means of communication.

4.2.1. Information topic: When registered, all the ST participants must subscribe to this topic in order to be promptly notified of important events.

4.2.2. All the ST participants must be available in the Skype channel WoWS ST. For authorization the Supertesters must contact one of the Coordinators.

5. Work Schedule

5.1. The principal duty of the Supertester is to fulfill tasks during the test sessions. Tasks are published as individual topics in the special section of the forum. As a rule, they presuppose the Supertester attends a certain test session and provides respective feedback. The rules mentioned in this document are applicable for all tasks unless otherwise specified in the task wording.

5.2. The information topic is the principal means of notification. If possible the Developers always try to notify about tasks in advance - at least 1 day before the event.

5.3. The standard testing time is week-nights from 19:00 till 01:00 (Moscow time). Sometimes sessions can be carried out at different time, including week ends.

5.4. The task details can include just the session time (preliminary announcement), then required number of battles, levels, maps, modes, number and time of the sessions, references to the associated topics. Information can be changed and adjusted as the test progresses.

5.5. Generally, the Supertesters provide their response either by sending in their feedback or preparing bug reports.

5.5.1. Feedback is the Supertester's opinion on the tested features. Feedback must be submitted in conventional format in the special section. Usually the feedback can be finalized when all the test sessions of the task are completed. The more accurate and closer to the conventional format the feedback is written, the more useful and more valuable it is.

5.5.2. Bug reports are prepared during the test in special topics of this section. Bug report is a message about a defect including an error, inoperable or improperly functioning features, unexpected spontaneous exits, rendering artefacts etc.

5.5.2.1. Before publishing a bug report the Supertester must read the first post of the topic for the bug reports, where a list of known bugs found in this iteration\session and any other important information is provided. If the issue description and reproduction steps entirely coincide with the Supertester's data, a new bug report should not be created (except for the crushes and performance issues, as the Supertester's system configuration can be a factor in this case).

A list of known issues, if any, must be studied. Bug reports on known issues should not be duplicated.

5.5.2.2. To publish a bug report, the Supertester must use the bug report template.

Bug report template

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.

Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps
A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.

Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result
In-game experience resulting from the bug.

Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result
In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.

Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

6. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (Moscow time).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

5.5.2.3. The following technical details must be included into the bug report:

• It is very desirable to indicate the bug occurrence time (Moscow time)
  • Visual demonstration must be added:
  • replay if it shows the issue, and the time code (the bug occurrence time in the replay).
  • Screenshot, if it shows the issue
  • Video can be included as well, if the Supertester thinks it helps to show the issue;
  • DxDiag must be added (if not present in the user signature in the forum).
  • Python.log (from the game directory) must be included;
  • Graphics preset settings must be included. If the graphics settings are customized, then their screenshot must be added as well.

IMPORTANT POINT: Before each launch of the game client, the python.log file must be deleted from the game directory in order to clear information about past issues from the log. We recommend that the python.log file should be deleted or renamed after each crush of the client.

The Developers working on the bugs can ask the Supertester to provide additional information. Such requests should be treated very responsibly.

5.5.3. You can attach small files (screenshot, replays and short logs) using the forum feature "Attach file".
IMPORTANT POINT: if it is necessary to attach a large file or video or if the account storage quota on the forum is exceeded, the Supertester is allowed to use YouTube service YouTube (for video) and Google Drive (for other files).
Obligatory condition: the services mentioned above must have the "share via link" option selected for all content related to the ST. The Supertesters are recommended to delete outdated content only after the version testing results are reviewed.

5.5.4. The bugs published in breach of the rules will not be accounted in the Supertester's statistics.

6. Confidentiality

6.1. The ST client as well as any related logs, files, screenshots, and videos constitute Confidential Information of the ST.

6.2. The Supertester can only publish any Confidential Information in strict accordance with the guidelines contained in Item 5.5.3. Violation of the guidelines contained in Item 5.5.3. will be considered as major violation of the ST Rules and may result in:

• Decrease of the user position in the Supertester rating
  • Exclusion of the user from the ST
  • Suspension of the user's account in World of Warships

7. Bonuses

7.1. Within the ST of World of Warships, there are no obligatory bonuses or compensations, either in in-game currency or otherwise. Supertesters are volunteers who voluntarily help the project.

7.2. We will periodically publish special ST reports so that the Supertesters could follow their activities and track their contribution to the game development. We reserve the right to award the Supertesters with various gifts (in-game currency and other valuable in-game items, T-shirts, prefabricated model kits, promotional items, etc.) on the basis of, among other things, these reports.

8. Restrictions and Penalties

8.1. The main purpose of the established system of restrictions and penalties is to retain the loyal and active community of the Supertesters, comfortable ST experience, and a positive image of the ST within the project. This system is a supplement rather than a replacement for the Game and Forum Rules. Any disputes under or in connection with item 8 are dealt with and resolved by the ST Manager.

8.2. Any violation enumerated in Item 8.3. and recognized by the ST Manager or any of the Coordinators will result in the following:

• The Supertester who committed the violation will receive a warning (either verbally, via the forum, or via Skype) accompanied by explanations (what was done wrong and what was the right thing to do).
  • The violation will be included in a special list accessible to the ST Manager and the Coordinators.
  • When a Supertester commits a significant number of violations or a major violation, this may lead to certain consequences: from a serious conversation to exclusion from the ST with a full wipe of the achievements during the ST.

8.3. Violations:

8.3.1. Regular absence from the ST sessions, especially the sessions that are conducted at standard testing time and are planned in advance. Lack of performance and a consistently low score in the ST reports.

IMPORTANT POINT: All the Supertesters who will be absent from sessions for personal reasons are required to leave a note in this topic.

8.3.2. Absence in the TeamSpeak or Skype channel during the session.

8.3.3. Violation of the testing schedule, failure to comply with requests and instructions received from the Coordinators and aimed at maintaining the testing process.

8.3.4. World of Warships Project: regular violation of the Forum and Game Rules.

8.3.5. World of Warships Forum: lack of loyalty to the project (implicit affronts to the project and/or the developers, sharply negative opinions about the project without any constructive criticism).

8.3.6. Skype channel for the WoWS ST: flood, offtopic conversations, profanity, abusive words, harassing users, holding discussions on current political issues.

8.3.7. TeamSpeak channel for the WoWS ST: flood, offtopic conversations, profanity, shouting, abusive words, harassing users, holding discussions on current political issues.
IMPORTANT POINT: applicable to the "Main Testing" chat room. When constant presence in the "Main Testing" chat room is not required during a session, groups of the Supertesters may, with the permission of the Coordinators, use other chat rooms and communicate at their discretion, unless they disturb other users.

8.3.8. TeamSpeak channel for the WoWS ST: simultaneous presence in any of the chat rooms (with the exception of the AFK room) and in another instance of TeamSpeak (as evidenced by the "disabled microphone" icon), loud noises and sounds that disturb others.

8.3.9. Official VK group: profanity, abusive words, harassing users, holding discussions on current political issues.

8.3.10 [WG-WS] Clan: regular violation of the local Game Rules and disgraceful behavior that discredits the clan.

9. Last but not Least

9.1. *Taking the official hat off* The most important thing for you, dear Supertester, is to understand our philosophy. And our philosophy is quite simple. If you like the project, want to make a contribution, have some spare time, and are an adequate person who has self-respect and is also able to respect the others and communicate in a calm and constructive way while having fun, you will never have to deal with the references to any of the above Rules. Be calm, polite, and responsible, and things will work out.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

so, if I don't master Thai or Vietnamese language I can't sign up ?

You can still apply, though if you speak TH or VN as well as EN it's a major plus.

WG Staff
606 posts
447 battles

You can still apply, though if you speak TH or VN as well as EN it's a major plus.

What he said. 

While slots are limited for those who can communicate only in English, they are still welcome to apply.

Alpha Tester
41 posts
3,232 battles

Hello, I'm from Vietnam, i achieve all the requirements that posted above, i would like to sign up to be a Super Tester team  :)

Edited by Tiengago

47 posts
679 battles

I'm Thai and I would like to join your Super Tester team.

I can communicate both languages English and Thai.

Looking forward to the Super Tester Recruitment.

I will do my best o7

ALL HAIL CONANA!!

ALL HAIL VADIM!!

:honoring:

Edited by BurukuKun

9 posts
1,516 battles

What he said. 

While slots are limited for those who can communicate only in English, they are still welcome to apply.

Ok then, I would like to apply despite my lack of Thai or Vietanmese language ability but i'm fluent in english and have spoken and often to many foriegners.

But if i'm not qualified that would be very understandable

Super Tester
334 posts
5,384 battles

As a Vietnamese I really want to join the rank of ST. Thank you very much.

[content removed]

Don't post your contact details in the public forums.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking

[7_XD]
Super Tester
68 posts
4,742 battles

Hi I'm thai speaker. 

i have teamspeak3 and skype. [content removed]

my english medium level skill and have little japanese skill from anime and in class. LOL. :teethhappy:

high level thai skill. :great:

I have programing and computer graphic knowledge. :teethhappy:

I need to joint ST team. :)

~dead_man_walking

[PTKRS]
Super Tester
91 posts
2,692 battles

I'm Thai . I would like to join Super Testers.
I have teamspeak3 and skype. [content removed]
I look forward to consider. Thank you.

~dead_man_walking

10 posts
937 battles

Hi! I'm Tae.I want to joint ST    (l'm Thai Player)

I play this game since CBT weekend with my brother account Vinchester77 now I play tier X japanese CV on my account Tae_BlueSnow

I'm computer technician.

I can speak ENG and know about this game a lot 

[content removed]

~dead_man_walking

11 posts
2,871 battles

I interest in the position
I'am Thai
I can speak ENG 
I have TS3
[content removed]

~dead_man_walking

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Speak Vietnamese or Thai: Fluent English and Vietnamese (I'm an American-Vietnamese tho)

Must have at least 300 battles: Qualified

Good standing in the forum: Qualified

Must have Skype: Qualified

Must agree with the rules: I do!

Must be active and dedicated in testing session: Possible

Must be able to follow directions and provide structured feedback: Not sure. I'm here for the game, not for the job

Clean record in the forum: Huehuehue... Not me then. I was black-listed by many moderators, even have my personal supervisor: Syanda-sama... :D . WHO HAS MORE WARNING POINTS THAN ME? :D

Still want to be a ST, just for fun tho. Maybe it's not possible.

Let's not forget the fact that i've converted to Vadimism now. :P

Edited by NguyenArchitakuVN

[PTKRS]
[PTKRS]
211 posts
6,801 battles

i'm thai

i have skype and TS3

i can use english well

even my forum points are low but if you let me join i promise i'll check news in forum frequently.

please apply me :honoring:

Beta Tester
122 posts
6,339 battles

and teamspeak skype ready, NDA agreement has been read.

Because my main activity in Traditional Chinese area, so response is not very high (Traditional Chinese area is not active), but I love WOWS, every day you can log in the game, has played more than 1,500 screenings of the game, there is more experience and technology (maybe ~), hoping to take this opportunity to get super test qualifications, can modify the game experience early to formally improved a little bit of progress, make the game more perfect:honoring:oh, I will some of the Vietnamese, but my English is better, but also master the Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese

Edited by Yayoi_Rei