Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
tywinlannister

Navyfield style customisation?

4 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,193 battles

Are we ever going to be able to adjust the amount of armour on our ships like in NF?

Are we ever going to be able to adjust the number of planes we load out?

I know its been mentioned previously, but seriously, no dual turret Furutaka cause it looks too similar to the Aoba? Give me a break....lots of ships look like other ships, so what, they are still different ships, and having the Furutaka as a 6x1 ship is so ahistorical it gives me the twitches....

And why start with Cruisers as Tier! WTF, Navyfield was great, you'd start off with a Frigate and then go to Destroyer, then to Light Cruiser, then to Heavy Cruiser and then to Battleship or Carrier and Submarine. Besides better graphics this game has nothing on Navyfield. 

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

Firstly, this isn't Navy Field, if you want that sort of customisation, then go back to Navy Field.

Second, complaining about this game not looking like another game is a good way not to get your message across.

Just play the game for what it is, not what it isn't, and if you do not enjoy it, then go play something else.

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,246 battles

I don't believe that those sort of customisations will ever be implemented.

The only up armouring will occur if that happened during the ships life, and would best be represented in the hull upgrades system that we currently have.

It's been said before that the Furutaka wont get dual gun turrets, because, yes, it would be essentially an Aoba. They are sister ships after all.

The Furutaka that we have in game is the how the ship was originally launched. It was only after the first 2 were laid down and in service that the decision to change to twin gun turrets was made, and the Furutaka was retrofitted with twin guns. Her sister ships were completed as twin gun turrets and all 4 served together as the 6 CruDiv for the early part of the war.

Alpha Tester
982 posts

Well, if we could customise the game like Star Fleet Battles we could have phasers, photon torpedoes and shields on our ships. :sceptic:

We could then play World of Star Fleet Battleships.

Oh, and don't forget the warp speed consumable :hiding:

Sign in to follow this