RAIN_KOREA

Way don't control about SLEEPING SHIP in game?

21 comments in this topic

1 post
2,340 battles

HI all.

In Game, Its very angry situation. that sleeping user.

I Hope i can remove or other method for remove..

One or Two player sleep is very tererble.. Whay dont't control it?

I hope good game.playing.. WoWship is good game. .if it remove.

Thanke you..

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Dont say that storm, he tried

I can understand him somehow

Firstly, not all AFK (or sleeping if you insist) is sleeping player

Some of them actually got crash or something wrong happen with their client (ever got loading up to 10 minutes in a laptop or low spec CPU)

[SALT]
5 posts
4,676 battles

Sometime, i have a problem with my connection when begin a match. This is a big problem!

I need 2-3 minutes to back in the game :(

You know, not all the player want this situation, you know?

But, yes this is a big problem, because an AFK player is a fresh meat for the enemy.. 

Maybe, WoW need a "pause" button to help this situation, just like Dota.

48 posts
1,729 battles

This is a good idea. Maybe 5-mins tops of waiting time. After that, ship shall be detonated or can be scuttled by teammates. Scoreboard not affected (No points deducted from the team/ no points awarded to the enemy team), only a reduction to the current members of the fleet.

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,323 battles

other reason also can happen  like phone rings  visitors or knock on the front door... or your better half want some thing done  and  can t wait , PIA  when i m about to start a battle

91 posts
6,556 battles

yes, sometimes when i am dropped into a new map which the game client never loads after being launched and maybe the map is a little large, it takes more than 30 seconds to make me able to control my ship. so never mind. most of those 'sleeping ships' don't really want to sleep, their are only waiting for their masters.

[WOWMY]
166 posts
12,874 battles

other reason also can happen  like phone rings  visitors or knock on the front door... or your better half want some thing done  and  can t wait , PIA  when i m about to start a battle

and I had few times when my nephew is asking for my help lol...just put my ship on waypoints slowdown the ship and get back asap...and most of the time is when I have disconnection and is trying to get myself back into the game...

Beta Tester
38 posts
3,824 battles

Sometime, i have a problem with my connection when begin a match. This is a big problem!

I need 2-3 minutes to back in the game :(

You know, not all the player want this situation, you know?

But, yes this is a big problem, because an AFK player is a fresh meat for the enemy.. 

Because of tabbing out and not getting notification that battle started I often start the game 1-2 minutes late. That said, once I started the game 6 mins late in my Essex and turned the table, and once 4 mins late in my mogami and ended up top at exp in the match. lol.

280 posts
3,514 battles

wouldnt that be better that if the ship is afk a bot should control automatically? plus did you noticed in coop battle you can have a bot in your team? if youre loading slowly and once the player is active the bot will automatically disable

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles

The occasional disconnect or taking the bins out happens to all of us.

But this is an internet based game and if your internet is bad and you get regular disconnections then think of your team mates and either get a better internet connection of find a game that isn't reliant on it.

Continuing to play when you get regularly disconnected or take a long time ot connect does nothing more than put more pressure on your team mates.

Call me harsh, but I think its selfish.

5 posts
43 battles

I was in a game yesterday and two cruisers seemed dead in the water right from the start so the team had to take on the opposition at a distinct disadvantage. We were doing pretty well but the ships on both sides had taken quite a beating when low and behold the 'dead' ships came to life and grabbed some easy kills once all the hard work had been done for them. Maybe it's a kind of tactic but it seemed like very poor form to me.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Were they in divisions? Current noted practice is for one player to control both ships in a division, first one ship and when dead, switch to the second ship.

5 posts
43 battles

Were they in divisions? Current noted practice is for one player to control both ships in a division, first one ship and when dead, switch to the second ship.

I don't know if they were in divisions nor do I know how to find that out.

I do know we lost and it was primarily being overwhelmed by superior numbers during the opening half of the game. I can't see what advantage there would be in one player controlling two ships. It would just seem to lessen the odds of winning.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

It's not about the winning, it's about the grinding (to sell accounts, or grinding for others etc)

You need to turn player panel in to see the names in game, the division number show up there, as well as the player list as you load in to battle.

575 posts
5,354 battles

Like WoT, WoWs needs to have the same program that detects AFKers and takes action against them. I believe after 5 AFK games they are sanctioned (read: banned for certain time period). Likewise, having issues with logging in, they can put protection in-place. SWTOR has this on a character that has a long load in and when they cannot load in they are removed from the instance...normally. I cannot tell you the number of times I've either had extremely long load-ins, CTDs, or loss of internet only to come back and find myself dead in this game and in WoT. That's extremely frustrating and maddening. I guess WG doesn't care about it and willing to give the enemy team FREE kills to pad their stats.

280 posts
3,514 battles

oh yeah How About this!!             If theres an AFK player in your team and someone died already Maybe the dead will control his ship!

especially the laggers is behind of this\