You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

konigsberg

67 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

What do players think of the Konigsberg tier 5 German cruiser? that you can win and test out.

Whats good about it?

Whats bad about it?

Do you like it or hate it?

So far I've only played 2 battles in it and lost my engine 4 times, 3 in the first battle and once in the second battle.

this is my 3rd battle in this ship.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

What do players think of the Konigsberg tier 5 German cruiser? that you can win and test out.

Whats good about it?

Whats bad about it?

Do you like it or hate it?

So far I've only played 2 battles in it and lost my engine 4 times, 3 in the first battle and once in the second battle.

this is my 3rd battle in this ship.

Yobbo, you must give a tribute of uber stronk und tasty Deutsch kartoffel in order to be blessed by both MM and RNG. 

Don't forget the beer und sausage as well.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Konigsberg is by far the best tier 5 ship now. It will definitely be a keeper for me. Best double turrets at the back is great for shooting and running. The accuracy is damn good. The range is amazing. The torps are is not just a decoration piece. Get it, use it, love it.

350 posts

First one I saw we were 1vs 1 late battle, both on about 17k hp. My Murmansk flogged him inside 8km, his torps were a surprise, very narrow spread but I nosed through them, kept guns on him and torped at close range for the kill. He got me down to 6k, it may be the player but it didn't seem all that scary. 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Yeah my first 2 battles were crap.

but my 3rd battle was really good, but I was in a division for that battle and scored 7 kills.

The engine does get hit often so best to have the upgrade propulsion mod. 1.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

16+km guns on the range so hmmmmm yuy it is worthy.

Given him have faster Velocity of Shells, of course she is,.

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,932 battles

Well don't play it too well or they will look at nerfing it see German cruiser thread

Tier 5 and 6 have the highest average damage among cruisers, but the sample is small and it can be the STs skill. The test drive will give more info on tier 5.

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Took her out yesterday for shakedown cruise in the live server and I must say, she handles well. From what I observed on live server... She has excellent sea worthiness and can potentially hold out on her own. Played like an (censored), she still can hold out on her own. Played like a unicorn, she can potentially rekt a lot.

Can't say much about the torpedoes except that she has DD torpedo arc. No test subject wanted to get close to me. Armour... Who needs it??? Haha. As if.

In short, Konigsberg is everything that you love about Omaha and Furutaka in 1 package. Mind you, these are just observations from shakedown cruises on live server. All other info not stated here are matters of "national security". As for the... *dragged by the super secret agents and sent to Siberia*

Edited by Makise_Kuristina

[MYTH]
3 posts
5,556 battles

Her specs are amazing and it does seem that she combines the best aspects of Aoba/Cleveland and then scaled down a little to tier 5. I think she will dominate low tiers and get nerfed.

I too found the engine gets knocked out really easily but that may be a playstyle thing for me in showing the rear a bit much and once the engine is gone you do get blown up pretty easily. Still played well she will be a beast

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Its not a play style thing, its the ship its self.

I reckon they made it easy to have the engine knocked out because of the 2 rear turrets, as most players will show the rear of the ship to be able to use both rear turrets and shoot while turning/running away from the enemy.

Make sure you have the upgrade "Propulsion mod 1" on the ship.

84 posts
4,438 battles

in my point of view her engine and gun turret get knocked out very easily. Yes she got her range advantage but with that little damage with HE shell I'd prefer getting up close and use AP. 

Her AP round is amazing, she could just win against every cruiser she is up against. while they shoot you for 3k you shoot them for 10k at 8km or lower.

Her torpedo aren't that useful with that rudder shift time, only useful when you're about to ambush an enemy who didn't notice your presence.

Overall she's a solid cruiser and a best tier 5 cruiser IMO her only draw back is low HE damage and hardly light up any fire(I only set 3 fire from 100 shot) so I don't

suggest you to play her at her max range since it'll just give away your position for enemy BB without doing that much damage.

here's some of my result

shot-15.10.14_14.04.47-0943.jpg

shot-15.10.14_14.04.47-0943.jpg

Alpha Tester
2,150 posts
486 battles

Of course the better everyone does, the more nerfs will be applied.

Almost worth getting in one and playing like a bot typical pubbie.

:P

Edited by Steeltrap

Super Tester
509 posts

Pretty much the first time my ship was hit one of my guns was knocked out =P Ship seems way too fragile and designed for players who want to turn tail and run most of the battle shooting at max range.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

Over-all its a solid ship. Torps are brutal when you hit with them.

Guns are solid, good rate of fire but obviously less damage.

The ship has its weak spots as well. Weaker AA than IJN for its tier.

Seems to take rudder/engine hits like no tomorrow. Even with the modules to reduce that.

Can be wiped out easily from the prow/bow by same tier BB's with AP rather than weathering the storm.

By my word can it lay day some fire!

I think its pretty even as it stands.

65 posts
2,362 battles

I've had no luck unlocking it. Closest I've gotten is 3 kills in a game.

They had to choose the one nation I dont play that much (IJN), I have a Shimakaze, but I havent leveled the other trees and generally in a shima its very hard to kill more than a handful of people as most tier X players aren't muppets (you'll wound plenty though).

Kinda sucks as I really want to get the koenigsberg :/

Edited by Osi