GeneralGrant reacted to Akyamarukh in [October Revolution] RISE FELLOW DD!!! WE DONT WANT CAP-italism!
+ + + ISM = CAPITALISM
Who Benefit the most from CAP-italism? DD?
DONT BE FOOLED! ITS THE TRICK TO MAKE US SLAVE!
THE FAT BB and Bourgeois RADAR SHEEPS is the one who benefit the most!
WE FIGHTWITHBLOODANDTEARS, WE CONTEST, WE TAKE HE HIGHEST RISK...WE DO IT FOR EVERYONE..... yet people dont give sheet when we make one or two mistake. those people only think that we are just small fry and cap slave.....
our life is harsh, everybattle is always the hardest for us.... but the reward and recognition always got to be the big fat sheep.
tell me how to cap when there is 4 radar sheeps and CV hovering around.... Everyone dont care... "YOU MUST CAP"
IF DD cap 3~4 place, and losing.... no one give a sheet
IF BB/CA/CV do 150K damage and losing.... "My Team is noob"
day by day later, WG keep introducing OP sheeps.... BUT NONE OF THEM IS DD. black is the only OP DD but its amost unobtainable....THIS IS DISCRIMINATION!
WG did try new gimmick by giving us Deep Water..... but here is the truth, NO ONE RANT ABOUT IT... this is only mean one thing... ITS SUX
JOIN THE REVOLUTION!
TAKE HELM OF THE GREATEST CRUISER Anti Surface Ship Destroyer!!!
REVOLT AND REKT ANY RADAR SHEEPS AND THOSE FATTY CAPITALIST BB
Crap with the cap! WE ARE RUSSIAN DESTROYER! WE FEAR NOTHING!
Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya !!!
GeneralGrant reacted to Destroyer_Shiranui in My Suggestion: focus on improving gaming experience
It's one thing to cry for what you want, it's another to care for the game's future.
The following suggestions are intended for WG managers and directors,
(You may wander how a new player would come up with this kind of suggestion, actually I was in WoT beta, that make almost ten years with WG, as a customer. Some employers sure go beyond that but should be enough to make my point. One will not give suggestion to things he believe will never change, the recent carrier work show something is still alive in the company. That's why I decided to give my opinion now)
My suggestion is to sit back in your chair and recall, what made WoT and WoWS popular?
Is it because it's balanced like The Star-craft 1?
Is it because it's so much cheaper than any other game?
Most of your customers will tell you:
Because it was fun.
People so often pay to have fun, only the ones that had fun, will pay you back.
It's very easy to forget that in general, balance and fun usually go against each other.
Take some time look at videos from early wows or in beta. game was not remotely balanced when compared to today's version, yet everyone was having fun, isn't it ? Plus your don't really have to play your ship like a tank, you play a ship like a ship.
(If a captain tell you he had to angle his bow armor to tank enemy shells in real life sea battles you'd think this guy's crazy. )
Keep making a game more and more balanced does not necessarily make it more appealing to your customer, in most cases, make your game boring as players can only have fun through painful grinding and stressful learning from mistakes. When this effort to fun ratio break certain point, players will start to leave your game as they feel "not worth it".
That is precisely what I noticed as WoWS public test progresses. It is getting boring.
Today this ratio of effort to fun is going beyond many people's tolerance level, if you spend some time read comment from new steam users, it's a clear fact .
1. Instead of a perfectly balanced e-sport which is stressful for casual players. Focus your limited resource to provide more fun and exciting moments to your customers.
GeneralGrant reacted to Flemboy in Stop the frequent updates. Im sick of the game crashing after each patch
Once again another patch and once again frequent catastrophic crashes. Full lock the entire computer up, loud buzzing noise, have to restart the computer crashes. Almost every patch. I don't get it. I am not a programmer. If a mini post-patch patch fixes the crashes, what is in the next new patch that suddenly causes problems again? I am not running garbage. Machine is only 2 years old. NVidia GTX770. Very happy with it. All other games rock. 76 fps. But I have to run direct x 9. It crashes with 11. But WG patches the game and bang. Several days of the game falling over. Mini patch. Game works again. For pete sake, cut back on the number of updates and get the game running well. Buy the time everyone on the server has patched the game you've had to change to other games due to the ping rate dropping with everyone downloading. One week out of 4 is often lost due all these patches and crashes. I understand that you want to keep things "fresh" but with such a small server population the last thing this game needs is people walking away from the game due scheduled programming fixes. I am running the updated drivers. It has nothing to do with my end. This happens too regularly after patches, for it not to be the patches.
GeneralGrant reacted to CodingSession in Battleships: Fire Prevention or Concealment Expert?
We have totally opposite points of view, very interesting. I have both Concealment Expert and Fire Prevention on all of my BB captains. In fact, all of my captains have CE, no matter the ship. For me, concealment is the single most important thing in this game.
I used to take AFT on my BBs, but after the FP buff I replaced it with FP. Reasons:
1. AA radius bonus is kinda wasted now that high tier CVs are rare. Nowadays I only meet CVs in maybe 1 out of 5 games.
2. I never cared about secondaries.
3. The FP buff where it now reduces burnable spots on your BB from 4 to 3. It doesn't sound much on paper, but the effect is very noticeable in actual matches. I feel much less vulnerable to fire ever since that buff.
GeneralGrant reacted to icy_phoenix in Battleships: Fire Prevention or Concealment Expert?
Personally I like my BB to be seen so that my team's cruisers can cover more distance before getting focused. So I do not like CE on battleships. Besides 4 points are a lot on something that you don't really need on a BB. So I would say go for defensive ones or anti AA ones. I believe taking CE is selfish play on BB.
I have grinded failed my way to Montana and Yamato and none of my BBs ever had CE. I think I am going to make Missouri an exception because she carries RADAR.
Just my opinion, but I'm just an average BB player.
GeneralGrant reacted to Webba84 in Ranked Season 7 Attendance
A DD sailing around in circles doing nothing is often doing so because their team is not giving them the support they need to try anything else without dying instantly, and they know that they desperately need to stay alive at all costs. DDs might be essential to win, but they can't carry you at T6, you actually have to support them. If you expect them to sail within 10km of an enemy BB or two without support and when there is a good chance of them being spotted, you're asking for a loss.
DDs dying are a symptom of a team that's going to lose, not necessarily always the cause. The number of times I've seen DDs get blamed for a loss when it was entirely the fault of poor/selfish BB play...
edit: Having played both, I can also tell you that if you get a bad DD you might lose but at least you have a good chance to save your star, if you are good. A DD that gets bad BB players will not only be unable to prevent a loss, they're almost certain to not top the xp table either.
Maybe that's why there are so few of them still playing: because it's hard and thankless and nothing turns you off ranked faster than a selfish BB player blaming you for a loss that was their fault (and then to top it off they keep their star and you lose yours).
GeneralGrant reacted to dead_man_walking in If they had both arcade and realistic mode, which would you play more?
HOW TO SIMULATE BEING IN THE NAVY
1. Buy a dumpster, paint it gray inside and out, and live in it for six months.
(1a. Submarines - Black outside Pea Green inside)
2. Run all the pipes and wires in your house exposed on the walls.
3. Repaint your entire house every month.
4. Renovate your bathroom. Build a wall across the middle of the bathtub and move the shower head to chest level. When you take showers, make sure you turn off the water while you soap down.
5. Put lube oil in your humidifier and set it on high.
6. Once a week, blow air up your chimney, with a leaf blower and let the wind carry the soot onto your neighbor's house. Ignore his complaints.
7. Once a month, take all major appliances apart and reassemble them.
8. Raise the thresholds and lower the headers of your front and back doors so that you either trip or bang your head every time you pass through them.
9. Disassemble and inspect your lawnmower every week.
10. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, turn your water heater temperature up to 200 degrees. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, turn the water heater off. On Saturdays and Sundays tell your family they use too much water, so no bathing will be allowed.
11. Raise your bed to within 6 inches of the ceiling, so you can't turn over without getting out and then getting back in.
12. Sleep on the shelf in your closet. Replace the closet door with a curtain. Have your spouse whip open the curtain about 3 hours after you go to sleep, shine a flashlight in your eyes, and say "Sorry, wrong rack."
13. Make your family qualify to operate each appliance in your house- dishwasher operator, blender technician, etc. Re-qualify every 6 months.
14. Have your neighbor come over each day at 0500 , blow a whistle so loud Helen Keller could hear it, and shout "Reveille, reveille,all hands heave out and trice up."
15.. Have your mother-in-law write down everything she's going to do the following day, then have her make you stand in your back yard at 0600 while she reads it to you.
16. Submit a request chit to your father-in-law requesting permission to leave your house before 1500....... In triplicate.
17. Empty all the garbage bins in your house and sweep the driveway three times a day, whether it needs it or not. "Now sweepers, sweepers, man your brooms, give the ship a clean sweep down fore and aft, empty all s--- cans and butt kits!"
18. Have your neighbor collect all your mail for a month, read your magazines, and randomly lose every 5th item before delivering the rest.
19. Watch no TV except for movies played in the middle of the night Have your family vote on which movie to watch, then show a different one-- the same one every night.
20. When your children are in bed, run into their room with a megaphone shouting "Now general quarters, general quarters! All hands man your battle stations!"
21. Make your family's menu a week ahead of time without consulting the pantry or refrigerator.
22. Post a menu on the kitchen door informing your family that they are having steak for dinner. Then make them wait in line for an hour. When they finally get to the kitchen, tell them you are out of steak, but they can have dried ham or hot dogs. Repeat daily until they ignore the menu and just ask for hot dogs.
23. Bake a cake. Prop up one side of the pan so the cake bakes unevenly. ]Spread icing real thick to level it off.
24. Get up every night around midnight and have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on stale bread.. (mid rats)
25. Set your alarm clock to go off at random during the night. At the alarm, jump up and dress as fast as you can, making sure to button your top shirt button and tuck your pants into your socks.
Run out into the backyard, uncoil the garden hose and put out a simulated fire.
26. Every week or so, throw your cat or dog into the pool and shout.... "Man overboard, port side!"[size=
Rate your family members on how fast they respond.
27. Put the headphones from your stereo on your head, but don't plug them in. Hang a paper cup around your neck on a string. Stand in front of the stove, and speak into the paper cup, "Stove manned and ready." After an hour or so, speak into the cup again "Stove secured." Roll up the headphones and paper cup and stow them in a shoe box.
28. Make your family turn out all the lights and go to bed at 10 p.m. "Now taps, taps! Lights out! Maintain silence throughout the ship!" Then immediately have an 18-wheeler crash into your house.
(For aircraft carrier sailors.)
29. Build a fire in a trash can in your garage. Loudly announce to your family, "This is a drill, this is a drill! Fire in hangar bay one!"
30. Place a podium at the end of your driveway. Have your family stand in front of the podium for 4-hour intervals. (Best done when the weather is worst. January is a good time.)
31. Next time there's a bad thunderstorm in your area, find the biggest horse you can, put a two-inch mattress on his back, strap yourself to it and turn him loose in a barn for six hours. Then get up and go to work.
32. For former engineers: bring your lawn mower into the living room, and run it all day long.
33. Make coffee using eighteen scoops of budget priced coffee grounds per pot, and let the pot simmer for 5 hours before drinking.][size=
34. Have someone under the age of ten give you a haircut with sheep shears.
35. Sew the back pockets of your jeans onto the front.
36. Add 1/3 cup of diesel fuel to the laundry.
37. Take hourly readings on your electric and water meters.
38. Every couple of weeks, dress up in your best clothes and go to the scummiest part of town. Find the most run down, trashiest bar and drink beer until you are hammered. Then walk all the way home.]
39. Lock yourself and your family in the house for six weeks. Tell them that at the end of the 6th week you'll take them to Disney World for liberty. At the end of the 6th week, inform them the trip
to Disney World has been canceled because they need to get ready for an inspection, and it will be another week before they can leave the house.
The Navy was like another planet with its own languages, customs, and rules. If you accepted and trained, then someday what seemed like insanity became genius and you wondered why anyone would live their life any differently.
GeneralGrant reacted to Mr_Good_Citizen in This game deserves the name of 'World of Cowards'
So what your saying is that the other people on your team, for 4 battles (say 60 people), also must lose? And no one on the winning teams for those battles has been reported?
And how exactly does WG ensure they lose? And why would WG do that, seeing that the report system is open to all sort of abuse??
GeneralGrant reacted to Darkworld_2015 in let's be simple/honest, what do you think of 'stealth firing'
Stealth firing should not be there. It's illogical to remain undetected despite firing in open water, no matter which class it is.
If WG thinks that it'll hurt DD, then slightly increase their firing range so that they can stay at a longer distance, though detected, easier for them to dodge incoming shells from target.
Stealth firing cruiser is a no no.
GeneralGrant reacted to TE_Deathskyz in let's be simple/honest, what do you think of 'stealth firing'
Cruisers shouldnt be able to do it.
My Zao should not be able to just fire away without concern because I cant be spotted.
GeneralGrant reacted to humusz in let's be simple/honest, what do you think of 'stealth firing'
All ship should not be able to do it - regardless of class
Being Fire upon without being able to retaliate is abusive - broken concept
There should be at least bare minimum opportunity to retaliate or counterplay
GeneralGrant reacted to Aslain in [0.8.1.1] Aslain's WoWS ModPack Installer #07 (25-03-2019)
- added flags: Sea Shepherd (by pold077)
- updated combo Better ship icons on compact carousel + Extended Tech-Tree
- updated minimap by fugetsu
- updated Extended Tech-Tree
- removed all custom ports (outdated)
- removed minimap by POSEJDON_1 (outdated)
- removed Realistic Big Waves (beta version) [suspected for some maps not loading]
- removed WoWS Region Changer [because of versioning messup by WG]
- MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !
GeneralGrant reacted to BigWaveSurfer in The reason why Wargaming is being reluctant on adding submarines
Could just be subs were never part of fleet action, apart from search and rescue. Mostly working solo hunting easy pray like merchants.
GeneralGrant reacted to humusz in The reason why Wargaming is being reluctant on adding submarines
submarine is not part of fleet action.
unrestricted submarine warfare dictate their job is attrition, by sinking of comercial shipping and disrupting logistic
the only country that use submarine in guerre d'escadre (fleet vs fleet warfare), were japan.
it just failed concept in the war
despite possesing highly capable submarine. armed with best torpedo in the war. there not much to talk about them. it just nothing much worthy to speak off
compared to how german use u-boat. that almost bring britain to their knees and scarred the shit out of churchill
or american subs. that almost single handedly destroy entire japan economy.
the most efficient naval blockade, that cause starvation that kill 1.4 million jappanese, in which a million of them were soldier
those are how to use subs properly.
japan that use it as part of fleet action, is how to not use them properly
GeneralGrant reacted to Biggus in The reason why Wargaming is being reluctant on adding submarines
It's already often hard to stay with the battle in US battleships, so imagine trying to do so in something with about a third of that speed when submerged. Subs are ambush predators that rely on their prey wandering past oblivious to their threat. Trying to work them into a fast paced naval engagement would lead to totally unrealistic gameplay.